The Neytiri Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Hope that the painting will be similar to the prototype. If the first in hand pics will show poor quality then I will probably cancel the order.

BUT IF the painting is good this will be the ultimate collectible for all Neytiri fans. This piece is really nearly looking like the original.

Wow, if the production piece turns out this well this may just be the definitive Avatar collectible. Looks just like her.

I believe the prototype was painted by Casey Love, so there is zero chance of that.

I want to get this but can't buy it before I see in hand pics,,,

If some of you guys interested in this one didn't see - in the Ask Sideshow section I asked about this being 1:1 or not and it's confirmed it isn't.
Gotta say that I am disappointed in this now. Why make a bust aimed and priced at the the lifesize 1:1 market and then not deliver on scale? A Na'vi head is like 25% bigger than a humans? Gonna have to wait for pics and opinions on this, if her head is smaller than mine I see no point in putting it in my 1:1 display.

A 1:1 head would be huge, volume wise the Navi head is way, way bigger, so I can see what I wasn’t practical, I mean look at this difference in size:

sully-avatar1.jpg

I think the bust here is OK, the likeness is reasonable, not brilliant but reasonable, what it lacks though is emotion, it would have been better if they had rendered her smiling, something in keeping with the character rather than a blank stare.

Some SDCC photos. It looked bigger than human size in person, but definitely not screen accurate scale. Probable too difficult and expensive to do it at the correct scale.

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1274A.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

Some SDCC photos. It looked bigger than human size in person, but definitely not screen accurate scale. Probable too difficult and expensive to do it at the correct scale.

IMG_1274.jpg

Looks more like a young Moat then Neytiri imo.
will be interesting to see how it turns out and how it is received. Still hoping for a screen accurate and pretty representation of this character.

Looks pretty dam accurate to me. Even the paint app looks dead on. Just a question as to whether the factory can even come close to that.

Chris

I understand when people say that making the bust 1:1 scale would have it be very large. Then I look at my 1:1 PredAlien bust and realize it wouldn't be hard to imagine them making a 1:1 Na'vi bust. I also agree that she looks rather emotionless. Not bashing, as I do like the look of the bust, but some emotion would be nice. As Chris said, the real troubling thing about this bust, is will the factory paint apps be able to come close to matching the prototype. :dunno

I understand when people say that making the bust 1:1 scale would have it be very large. Then I look at my 1:1 PredAlien bust and realize it wouldn't be hard to imagine them making a 1:1 Na'vi bust. I also agree that she looks rather emotionless. Not bashing, as I do like the look of the bust, but some emotion would be nice. As Chris said, the real troubling thing about this bust, is will the factory paint apps be able to come close to matching the prototype. :dunno
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

If Sideshow can produce Predator busts and 3+ foot-long Alien busts...of course they can make a life-size Avatar bust.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

If Sideshow can produce Predator busts and 3+ foot-long Alien busts...of course they can make a life-size Avatar bust.

I personally think they didn't want to invest in such a pricey piece, so they just scaled it back. I do think if the bust had more emotion, as well as glass eyes, they'd have no problem selling a 1:1 Neytiri.

Curious about how this will come out. Not a Huge Avatar fan but this Life Size Bust of Neytiri looks fantastic. The Legendary Scale Figure looks great too but never would get that but this I may get if it comes out great.

The Neytiri Life-Size Bust!

If you drop by booth #1929 at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, you will get a chance to see the full prototype of the Neytiri Life-Size Bust!

071012neytiri-tease.jpg

wow just saw this...grats to any that get it

Back