The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we aren't getting her, we aren't getting any females from this line, and that pisses me off.

I think they responded once to inquiry regarding Padme in Star Wars that she wasn't high up on the to do list because the females aren't as successful as male and alien characters.

Maybe some male collectors feel the ladies make them dolls instead of figures or something, but it seems like female 1/6, unless it's super sexed out, is a tough sell.

Sallah seems to be an obvious necessity to the line ( but thats just me)... still hoping for a detailed Mola Ram.. that is a likely choice and will be one hot seller I assume..

Here is Sideshow's statement from the April 22 Q&A:

"We would love for the line to continue on for a long, long time. Marion, Sallah and Marcus are on our wish list of characters for 1:6 scale figures, but fall behind others in terms of popularity and for what we believe will translate best into 1:6 scale form."

Some of the next 1:6 I think we'll see is Mola Ram and ToD Indy, maybe even Shorty to use the Hobbit body.

Personally, I'd like to see various incarnations of Indy (Map Room, ToD, Club Obi-wan, etc.), along with Mola Ram, Sallah, and Marion...maybe even another Belloq. Admittedly I'm more interested in Raiders and ToD figures than I am with LC and KOTCS.

It's hard to imagine other characters in this line, apart from Henry Sr, that could be more popular than Marion and Sallah and yes, even Marcus. Sideshow's logic is puzzling. And I hope we get to see Shorty.

I hope Mola Ram comes with the heart. I also hope to she a Short Round figure.

id love a short round figure, after all he was the true hero of TOD. i think that willie scott in her sequinned dress from club obi wan could look good too, but only next to a club obi wan indy.

But marion (maybe a 2-in-1 outfit?) would have to come before willie

I think not making Marion is a big mistake. If they added a very cool exclusive and kept the overall numbers down it would do well. It just sucks that the Hero/Villain ratio is so one sided.

That is exacty my feeling as well. Marion Ravenwood from Raiders is the highest on my list of figure wants. Marion is the only Indy girl that could keep up with him and obviously is his wife according to KOTCS. Plus, I need a Marion figure to make the running from the flying wing before it blows up scene.

I think they responded once to inquiry regarding Padme in Star Wars that she wasn't high up on the to do list because the females aren't as successful as male and alien characters.

And look how Padme turned out. I'd almost rather NOT have Marion if they can't make her look halfway decent. I think if they handled her correctly, like when she was in Napal, she'd appeal more to the male audience than putting her in a dress, high heels and adding a table knife as the Ex. :lol But I seriously doubt they'll touch her. They'd rather produce a bathrobed Indy than add the background characters that really fleshed out the series.

And look how Padme turned out. I'd almost rather NOT have Marion if they can't make her look halfway decent. I think if they handled her correctly, like when she was in Napal, she'd appeal more to the male audience than putting her in a dress, high heels and adding a table knife as the Ex. :lol But I seriously doubt they'll touch her. They'd rather produce a bathrobed Indy than add the background characters that really fleshed out the series.

Yea I don't want a Marion if it is going to turn out as bad as Padme. This line already takes enough crap it doesn't need anymore.

Padme turned out fine for what they did. A Marion figure from Sideshow would look fine and her costumes would hide the flaws of the female Buck.

I'm sure Sideshow wants to do Marion, probably above other characters, but being a business it's only in their best interest to make what will sell. Marion would lkely end up a "peg warmer", or be produced in so low a quantity it's not cost-effective to make her. Sarah Connor did poorly for the T2 line, and I imagine Marion's looked at as likely to follow the same path.

You only have the luxury to sell any character you wish when your customer base is fine with spending that kind of money on any character. Star Wars is the only property I've ever seen where a character with no dialogue and 3 seconds of screen time could get someone to spend $70+ on a figure of it.

From what I've gathered around here about Indy collecting, there just isn't the same time of customer base for it, there are people who want that stuff, but not in numbers enough to support a product line, at best, small, 50-100 figure custom runs of something.

...I'm sure Sideshow wants to do Marion, probably above other characters, but being a business it's only in their best interest to make what will sell. Marion would likely end up a "peg warmer", or be produced in so low a quantity it's not cost-effective to make her. Sarah Connor did poorly for the T2 line, and I imagine Marion's looked at as likely to follow the same path....

From what I've gathered around here about Indy collecting, there just isn't the same kind of customer base for it, there are people who want that stuff, but not in numbers enough to support a product line, at best, small, 50-100 figure custom runs of something.

Gotta respectfully disagree with ya here, man.

I could see then same edition size for Marion that they have for German disguise Indy and it would move well. Again, we're talking about the central female character of Indy's "life" here....featured in two films and the ONE female character that even a casual Indy fan would know and recognize.

From what I've seen around here, the Indy collector is an older collector, with a much narrower collection-focus than a lot of folks who frequent here may have. As I mentioned earlier, I think this line could just move along at a very slow pace...one or two 1:6 scale announcements a year of just "core" characters featuring "wow" accessories/environments and low edition sizes and it would still generate a decent collector interest.

That Sarah Connor figure you refer to is finally sold out. Part of what prevented me from getting that figure was....it exposed (literally) the limitations of the female buck body to the point where despite the decent head sculpt, it just looked too doll-like. Marion has the advantage of outfits that cover limbs and joints adequately enough to display well.

My preference for her would be the Nepal bar outfit... great for action and for displaying with a jacket and gear-clad Indiana...

I hope this "comment" everyone's referring to from Sideshow turns out to be a red herring and that Marion is at some stage of consideration/development for sixth-scale treatment at Sideshow....

I'd hate to see the line "put on hold" in the near future without having Indy's ultimate leading lady at his side...

I agree that I would see Marion being an eve more popular choice than german disguise Indy... plus a nepal bar Marion would just be ripe for great accessories... medallion ( duh), broomhandle mauser pistol.. burning log... cigar box with money... shot glass.. whiskey bottle... a guy can dream can't he !

No.. they stated in a recent video that a TOD PF is on the way.. plus they are doing at least one TOD diorama ( indy and Mola fighting on the bridge)... so TOD is coming.. ! :)

Are they just going to avoid anything from Temple of Doom? Has anyone ever asked Sideshow this?

Well the last 2 announcements have been from 2 separate non-Raiders films, TOD could be next. We're 6 figures into the line with the first 4 being from Raiders, before Henry I'd say it'd be safe to wonder about TOD and the other films, but now I think there's hoping of seeing other things, but too early to be worried they won't do it.

Back