The new Hulk PF by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy Magnate

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey.. everyone!

I was able to see first hand the new Red Hulk PF.. its an excellent piece. The only thing I didn't like on it was the weight.. so i wrote sideshow through their product suggestion form on their website saying that i think its a good idea if they'll put good weight on the new hulk PFs. around 30 plus pounds like the skaar. I think that the New Hulk PF, and other big statues.. should be heavy to match the character and give it stability.

I also have the abomination, Classic Hulk PF, Thing PF, Skaar PF.. they all have a good weight to them. I was really disappointed on the rhino.. big inside but too hollow. Sideshow replied and said they'll consider the suggestion.

What do you guys think?? Well, if you agree with me.. it only takes a few minutes to fill out a product suggestion form from sideshow website. It might help.. the more of us who'll write to them the better chances they'll consider it.

Thanks for your time and Happy Collecting Everyone! :bess:

Oh.. and do check my short review on the new red hulk pf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Qkv8TxWa0&list=UUhheOH-3qZ_LI2sUh4IV0lg

10751926_10154731365305394_956228792_n.jpg

I ordered Rulk too and couldn't care less what it weighs. I care about it looking awesome on the shelf. I have no idea why people equate weight with value or weight with quality. It's going to look exactly the same sitting there if it weighs 50 pounds or 5 pounds.

cuz when you bite into your first chocolate easter bunny and its hollow you feel cheated :lol

I want MY Hulk with a creamy center

Shouldn't this be in marvel thread?

Not really Buddy.. its under general cause the thread is not just about the RULK.. its about statues in general with the opinion that if its a big piece.. should it matter if its heavy or not.

Thanks for taking time to join the thread though!:wink1:

Worrying about what things weigh...lolz
It doesn't matter what kind of product it is, most people think weight means value, and a lot of times it does. Light weight usually means cheap to people and that's usually the case. This applies far beyond statues, too.

It doesn't matter what kind of product it is, most people think weight means value, and a lot of times it does. Light weight usually means cheap to people and that's usually the case. This applies far beyond statues, too.

I agree Buddy! :exactly:

Hey.. everyone!

I was able to see first hand the new Red Hulk PF.. its an excellent piece. The only thing I didn't like on it was the weight.. so i wrote sideshow through their product suggestion form on their website saying that i think its a good idea if they'll put good weight on the new hulk PFs. around 30 plus pounds like the skaar. I think that the New Hulk PF, and other big statues.. should be heavy to match the character and give it stability.

I also have the abomination, Classic Hulk PF, Thing PF, Skaar PF.. they all have a good weight to them. I was really disappointed on the rhino.. big inside but too hollow. Sideshow replied and said they'll consider the suggestion.

What do you guys think?? Well, if you agree with me.. it only takes a few minutes to fill out a product suggestion form from sideshow website. It might help.. the more of us who'll write to them the better chances they'll consider it.

Thanks for your time and Happy Collecting Everyone! :bess:

Oh.. and do check my short review on the new red hulk pf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Qkv8TxWa0&list=UUhheOH-3qZ_LI2sUh4IV0lg

View attachment 143006

I admire your optimism mate. I really do. But once a statue is set for production the odds of it being tweaked wether to make the statue heavier or modify this to look nicer is astronomical. It just wont be heard. We have done this a million times where we send our suggestion to sideshow and end up being frustrated. So i wouldnt count on it. Not in a million light years. Gone are the old SS days where their product is worth your money. And welcome to the new age of statues where QC is....well needs to be controlled since it sucks and statues that weighs just as heavy as a barbie doll

I admire your optimism mate. I really do. But once a statue is set for production the odds of it being tweaked wether to make the statue heavier or modify this to look nicer is astronomical. It just wont be heard. We have done this a million times where we send our suggestion to sideshow and end up being frustrated. So i wouldnt count on it. Not in a million light years. Gone are the old SS days where their product is worth your money. And welcome to the new age of statues where QC is....well needs to be controlled since it sucks and statues that weighs just as heavy as a barbie doll

Well I guess in a way you're right and you're basing it on experience.. but at least i know that i tried. Thanks for your opinion Buddy and the kind remarks. :)

It can apply to some things sure, but it doesn't have any effect on what a statue looks like at all. The R&D, the sculpt, stitching and so on are all the same on a 10lb or 50lb statue. The only difference is the amount of polystone. Most of you probably want a heavier statue for the same price, but would you want to pay $650 instead of $550 just so it can weigh more and possibly pay more for shipping as well?

It can apply to some things sure, but it doesn't have any effect on what a statue looks like at all. The R&D, the sculpt, stitching and so on are all the same on a 10lb or 50lb statue. The only difference is the amount of polystone. Most of you probably want a heavier statue for the same price, but would you want to pay $650 instead of $550 just so it can weigh more and possibly pay more for shipping as well?

Shipping for a Hulk PF would easily be over $100 these days. Abomination was $200 just for shipping

Shipping for a Hulk PF would easily be over $100 these days. Abomination was $200 just for shipping

Is Abomination heavy? I know the pf is huge, box too.

I personally prefer a solid piece, even at the cost of higher freight. The Conan Fury dio was everything you want in a polystone statue, my last large piece from SSC. Wetas new Balrog is not small and is listed at 33lbs. Luckily they have a distribution center on the west coast so it shouldn't be all that much.

I admire your optimism mate. I really do. But once a statue is set for production the odds of it being tweaked wether to make the statue heavier or modify this to look nicer is astronomical. It just wont be heard. We have done this a million times where we send our suggestion to sideshow and end up being frustrated.

I dunno bout that... What about that one guy out there who asked SS for a grey skinned, darker eyed Red Sonja :lol

Sorry guys but the next step is not less polystone instead it will be PVC. If you want proof check out the reviews for the Man Of Steel on YouTube. Being an owner of this piece I can confirm this. While far away it may looks fine holding it squeezing it tells a different story both in quality and effort by SSC. Not sure if this will be a single isolated plastic statue or not but it's been put out there as a market research venture just to see how collectors will react. Accept or not? Me I'm not very happy about my plastic $400.00 Superman. As with any company petitions I'm afraid they are a waste of time, companies only react to reactive measures by their customers. So what can we do instead of wasting ink? Answer: don't buy anymore or buy from competitors. Or, simply take a break from the hobby all together. These companies need us more than they think and usually don't care about their customers until their sales numbers indicate that we are done with their cutting cost and low quality schemes.

Sorry for my rant guys but this plastic doll that I got from them at a "premium" price has made me think deep about what I mean to them as a customer and how I should show my appreciation to them. I love collecting, but money comes hard for me and SSC needs to know that if I want a plastic doll I will buy a Neca figure at the appropriate plastic price...period!

Best of luck with your petition,Toy Magnate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, although they may be hollow, this hulk and allied charge cap are definitely polystone right OP?

Back