The new Hulk PF by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter what kind of product it is, most people think weight means value, and a lot of times it does. Light weight usually means cheap to people and that's usually the case. This applies far beyond statues, too.

That certainly doesn't apply to cars, motorcycles, etc. Ever hear of carbon fiber? Aluminum? ceramic? Not everything lightweight is junk and better off heavier.

Anyone want to see what a PVC Premium figure looks like? Here you go:
cd736ef22bdcdd8198c14a675cd1a855.jpg

94f07744443299bcf9cfc7cfb2107802.jpg

d1722dba8b70cfeeca749d2c002b7d8a.jpg

Like a 400.00 dollar light weight creaky seamed together plastic cheap doll. At least if they are going plastic keep it at the same level of Hot toys and/or Enterbay. And yes light weight in statue,at least in this case(Man of Steel),means less value,especially if light weight is in the form of PVC material.

Just an FYI guys just got done talking to SSC and yes PVC will be used in other PFs but they will now advertise it as the material used. So there you go if it's light weight and it says PVC used it will be doll like like my Man of Steel buy at your own risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like a 400.00 dollar light weight creaky seamed together plastic cheap doll. At least if they are going plastic keep it at the same level of Hot toys and/or Enterbay. And yes light weight in statue,at least in this case(Man of Steel),means less value,especially if light weight is in the form of PVC material.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Just an FYI guys just got done talking to SSC and yes PVC will be used in other PFs but they will now advertise it as the material used. So there you go if it's light weight and it says PVC used it will be doll like like my Man of Steel buy at your own risk.

Thanks for the info Max :goodpost:.. make sure to read up guys.. before pulling the trigger :gun

I would stay away from PVC.. at least for now :) Hey Max.. so is it safe to say that there won't be any MOS case happening now? They'll just do PVCs in future projects? cause we already POed a lot of items.. sucks if they'll change it after we Pre-Ordered already. :nono

Check out Brucecamblzchin Youtube rant on the case just learned that the Reeve will be PVC or some of him will be.a sad day in the collecting world.

As long as it looks right it doesn't matter. This is art for the eyes not the hands.

Lighter means cheaper shipping, easier to move and less chance of him collapsing a shelf. There's no benefit to there being more weight.

It doesn't matter what kind of product it is, most people think weight means value, and a lot of times it does. Light weight usually means cheap to people and that's usually the case. This applies far beyond statues, too.

I bet your an Xbox One owner :p

that looks like crap...back to the subject. weight doesn't matter that much to me but if SSC is using PVC to cut costs and then charging us more and more, that does bother me....especially when the results look like garbage.

that looks like crap...back to the subject. weight doesn't matter that much to me but if SSC is using PVC to cut costs and then charging us more and more, that does bother me....especially when the results look like garbage.

Agree! Up close you see the flaws of PVC from far it's meh just okay.... And weight can be looked at in two ways for example,the Hulk Avengers maquette looks fantastic but it is very light in weight compared to what it should be so it feels a little cheap but looks like a piece of art. Unfortunately, light weight and plastic is not a good combination unless they get the plastic or PVC sculpting to look as great as Enterbay at the 1/3 scale.

That looks worse than a garage kit.

Trash.

Weird how they could do the Proto MOS with Polystone, but the actual must be PVC

Weird how they could do the Proto MOS with Polystone, but the actual must be PVC

:exactly: Thats misleading.. they shouldn't do that :nono Its one thing to order knowing its PVC.. and another if they just change the product details after everyone already POed. So disappointing :thud:

I like my statues heavy! :) Its hard to explain.. but people with old sideshow pieces might agree with me. Try holding, lifting, moving.. an old hulk pf.. or maybe the Doom Pf.. yeah sure it can be light and you wouldn't know the difference when you're looking at it.. but its really that thought that i know I have a solid piece makes me happy. :) Its makes you feel that you have a quality piece.

Can you imagine going to an arts museum in Europe.. seeing a well sculpted human statue from a famous sculptor.. and by some imaginary stroke of luck you won it as a prize.. then its shipped to you.. have it displayed by the garden / pool area.. then you touch it and it would easily move with just a finger or two.. what would you feel? I don't know with you.. but id feel bad for sure :panic:.. but thats just me. Basically what I'm trying to say is that.. to me? when it comes to statues.. i prefer them solid and of good weight.

But I, as always, would respect other collectors views :duff

Some people are more manual than visual. Some need to touch and feel something to appreciate it.

I just got the Gladiator Hulk delivered. It's so heavy I can't even lift the box. Just the way I like it!! :D

I can easily see why people want some "meat" to their statues. I prefer some heft to my pieces....however, I also live in Australia and the PF pieces are costing an arm and a leg to ship. Batman PF was over $100 to ship.

Dunno? I think I'm on the fence with this one. Though I don't support the use of PVC when paying "Polystone" prices.

And just a note to those people who insist on doing video reviews....get a tripod and some lights please!!!

Back