The new Hulk PF by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience it comes out to be about the same in shipping because at one point they don't ship and charge by weight but instead by size of the box. For example, I paid the same price for my Man of Steel (12lb) on shipping as I did for my Underworld Lycan statue (27lb) from HCG,and believe me weight is night and day when comparing both. MOS had some weight due to the base but the lycan was just an awesomely solid heavy piece from base to figure. Got me thinking how great a solid statue feels compared to some of the pieces I've received lately from SSC. Telling you that HCG piece was so solid that it made my other pieces feel cheap in comparison. Too bad HCG's sculpts aren't that good,especially on the likeness of actors,but,IMO,the Lycan sculpt was awesome and that is why I got it.

06ef59c3eb906f08e81f12a58abb3d3b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like my statues heavy! :) Its hard to explain.. but people with old sideshow pieces might agree with me. Try holding, lifting, moving.. an old hulk pf.. or maybe the Doom Pf.. yeah sure it can be light and you wouldn't know the difference when you're looking at it.. but its really that thought that i know I have a solid piece makes me happy. :) Its makes you feel that you have a quality piece.

Can you imagine going to an arts museum in Europe.. seeing a well sculpted human statue from a famous sculptor.. and by some imaginary stroke of luck you won it as a prize.. then its shipped to you.. have it displayed by the garden / pool area.. then you touch it and it would easily move with just a finger or two.. what would you feel? I don't know with you.. but id feel bad for sure :panic:.. but thats just me. Basically what I'm trying to say is that.. to me? when it comes to statues.. i prefer them solid and of good weight.

But I, as always, would respect other collectors views :duff

You have a point there. Next best media would be styrofoam then :lol... If they can sculpt it and paint, SS might be the pioneer then haha

You have a point there. Next best media would be styrofoam then :lol... If they can sculpt it and paint, SS might be the pioneer then haha
Don't give SSC any ideas [emoji4] [emoji4] ! Next they'll be saying that the costume could no longer be done on PVC and they had to switch to "high quality Styrofoam."[emoji1] [emoji2]

Last edited:
I can easily see why people want some "meat" to their statues. I prefer some heft to my pieces....however, I also live in Australia and the PF pieces are costing an arm and a leg to ship. Batman PF was over $100 to ship.

Dunno? I think I'm on the fence with this one. Though I don't support the use of PVC when paying "Polystone" prices.

And just a note to those people who insist on doing video reviews....get a tripod and some lights please!!!

When it comes to PFs, the dimensions of the box are more to blame for shipping costs then weight. Batman had a giant box.

When it comes to PFs, the dimensions of the box are more to blame for shipping costs then weight. Batman had a giant box.

I believe it's called "The cubing rule". It's based on how much space the item takes up on the transport, then factored by weight. So a lighter box will be cheaper despite the size being the same.

Don't give SSC any ideas [emoji4] [emoji4] ! Next they'll be saying that the costume could no longer be done on PVC and they had to switch to "high quality Styrofoam."[emoji1] [emoji2]

:lol. Edit Undo Undo Undo

Anyone want to see what a PVC Premium figure looks like? Here you go:
cd736ef22bdcdd8198c14a675cd1a855.jpg

94f07744443299bcf9cfc7cfb2107802.jpg

d1722dba8b70cfeeca749d2c002b7d8a.jpg

Like a 400.00 dollar light weight creaky seamed together plastic cheap doll. At least if they are going plastic keep it at the same level of Hot toys and/or Enterbay. And yes light weight in statue,at least in this case(Man of Steel),means less value,especially if light weight is in the form of PVC material.

That my friends.... Is ****!

if Rulk is 18-20 pounds that's fine by me, hopefully not less like Rhino

I am trying to tell you guys but no one listens to me! You ignore my posts and continue to defend every crazy default of Sideshow! Don't get mad at Sideshow! If I were them, I will not worry cause I know I will sell in any condition!

Anyone want to see what a PVC Premium figure looks like? Here you go:
cd736ef22bdcdd8198c14a675cd1a855.jpg

94f07744443299bcf9cfc7cfb2107802.jpg

d1722dba8b70cfeeca749d2c002b7d8a.jpg

Like a 400.00 dollar light weight creaky seamed together plastic cheap doll. At least if they are going plastic keep it at the same level of Hot toys and/or Enterbay. And yes light weight in statue,at least in this case(Man of Steel),means less value,especially if light weight is in the form of PVC material.

Wait... What?... :slap :slap :slap

I am trying to tell you guys but no one listens to me! You ignore my posts and continue to defend every crazy default of Sideshow! Don't get mad at Sideshow! If I were them, I will not worry cause I know I will sell in any condition!

I hear you brother =)

I am suddenly nervous about my order. I ordered 6 EX Hulk (2 of each, one to display, one to leave boxed) statues, so this lightweight news has me bummed.

its been confirmed these guys are pretty light via toymagnate... This is just how it's going to be. Anyone who is getting Rulk soon know how much shipping was on him?

Back