The New(er) iPad thread. Now with iPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Apple Tablet "The iPad"

I feel like Apple is teasing us right now. No mention of price or availability.

I feel like Apple is teasing us right now. No mention of price or availability.

ATT due to wi-fi capabilities and 1k unsubsidized. I hope not, but then I also believed I could have had an iPhone by now without dealing with ATT.

If its more than $500 forget it. Too much for my blood. Can't wait to go to the Apple store next week so I can play with one. Will wait until mid-week so the store will be slower than normal.

It's a new gaming console!!!
appletabletb358.jpg

If it's around $500 I'd be interested, but I almost feel like this could be treated as a next gen laptop.

More games (EA this time):

appletabletb398.jpg

appletabletb394.jpg

One of the bloggers there said the graphics didn't look quite as nice as today's more powerful laptops. Sorta in between a mid-range laptop and an iphone. Which I guess is what Apple is shooting for?

The size is crazy, gotta be like a 12" screen.

apple-creation-0097-rm-eng.jpg

A half inch thin. Weighs just 1.5 pounds. Thinner and lighter than any netbook. 9.7 inch IPS display. Super high quality using IPS technology so you get great angle of view. Full capacitive multi-touch. 1GHz Apple A4 chip. Most advanced chip they've ever done; processor, graphics, I/O, and everything in one chip. 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of flash solid state storage.

I'm not sure what market this caters too, it seems like a fun tool with some useful functions like the phone but so far, no demonstration of the full functionality a laptop would offer.

I'm not sure what market this caters too, it seems like a fun tool with some useful functions like the phone but so far, no demonstration of the full functionality a laptop would offer.

Teachers! haha get Keynote on that and you can run an entire class while being able to move around the students and keep them in line. This is going to be HUGE (IMO) in the education market.

Back