The New(er) iPad thread. Now with iPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess that the "New" iPad that I bought last month has just become obsolete :monkey4

After yesterday's anouncment I purchased an iPad for my wife. I had been holding off to see if the mini would be worth consideration. I decided it was not. It's ~75 dollars overpriced for what it is. I decided the 16gig was a better value and had a better screen. I feel a bit silly for waiting.

I saw a news report yesterday that anybody that bought a New iPad within the last 30 days can exchange it for the New(er) iPad. However, there is a caveat, and the report said the decision to allow the exchange will be on a store by store basis.

I thought Apple had a Holiday Return Policy . well I'll be cacelling my order.With these prices, Im not gonna take a chance in getting stuck with 2 Mini's .

Last edited:
I saw a news report yesterday that anybody that bought a New iPad within the last 30 days can exchange it for the New(er) iPad. However, there is a caveat, and the report said the decision to allow the exchange will be on a store by store basis.

No thanks. I would consider the mini a substantial downgrade from the new iPad I picked up the other day. My wife hasn't turned on her laptop since I gave it to her.

The screen on the mini is lower resolution than the Nexus and Fire. No bragging about retina display this time out.

The connector is Apple's new format, so the mini wouldn't work with the ipad/ipod stuff we already own. I'm sure there will be adapters, but F that.

If it were just about price for 350 dollars I could buy a 10" Galaxy Tab.

If Apple wants to dominate the 7-inch device market they should slash 70 buck off the price of the mini.

No thanks. I would consider the mini a substantial downgrade from the new iPad I picked up the other day. My wife hasn't turned on her laptop since I gave it to her.

The screen on the mini is lower resolution than the Nexus and Fire. No bragging about retina display this time out.

The connector is Apple's new format, so the mini wouldn't work with the ipad/ipod stuff we already own. I'm sure there will be adapters, but F that.

If Apple wants to dominate the 7-inch device market they should slash 70 buck off the price of the mini.

I think Apple means the iPad 3 for the iPad 4 not the mini

after a little research , Apple has not announce any kind of trade in offer . looks like if you passed the 14 day mark you are SOL

I think Apple means the iPad 3 for the iPad 4 not the mini

^This. I was off of work on Wednesday and was just flipping the channels. This announcement was made on WGN news from Chicago (NOTE: I live in Northern Virginia, and our cable provider carries WGN). Again, the news report said it would store by store basis, and I can't vouch for the veracity of the report.

^This. I was off of work on Wednesday and was just flipping the channels. This announcement was made on WGN news from Chicago (NOTE: I live in Northern Virginia, and our cable provider carries WGN). Again, the news report said it would store by store basis, and I can't vouch for the veracity of the report.

I heard the same thing on Howard Stern. But hey, it's Howard Stern. :lol

I'm glad I don't have to upgrade my iPad this year. I'm fine with my 3 until they upgrade more than the processor. That said if I just bought a 3 I would expect them to swap it out. Although, when buying a product like this you would assume that people researched a little. In researching they would have known a new model was right around the corner. :lecture

Ipad 3s are on sale for $450 or buy the new one for $499. Is the processor worth the extra $50. I'm actually more concerned about the new stupid connector

The iPad 2 is still the smoothest, fastest performing iPad out. The iPad 3's performance is hobbled by the increase in resolution, and the hastened announcement of the iPad 4 is obviously to fix that.

Sorry, iPad 3 owners.

No desire for small tablets, so no thanks on the mini, Apple.

This is the first time I'm hearing that. My iPad 3 just zips in everything - I never experienced a slowdown when using it.

The iPad 4 was inevitable, since Apple updates their product each year.

35440704_zaxxon_02-2_610x436.jpg

Reviews roundup:

Mini:

https://reviews.cnet.com/ipad-mini/

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3576178/apple-ipad-mini-review

https://www.engadget.com/2012/10/30/apple-ipad-mini-review/

Fox

NY Times

iPad 4th Gen:

https://reviews.cnet.com/ipad/

I think the iPad is better than any Android tablet. Sorry if you think I'm too aggressive. the 12.9-inch iPad Pro has a larger screen and they're both faster than the standard iPad models with a 9.7-inch screen and other tablets, and have Apple Pencil stylus support. Their upgraded cameras, color accuracy, and screen size make them better for gaming, multitasking, and creative work than Android tablets.

Back