THE NEW EBAY SCAM-NO PAYPAL PROTECTION, buyer beware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
final update--------ebay/paypal just refunded me, looks like the guy got away with the funds and ebay/paypal had to cover the loss,
if you want to recoup in a situation like this the only way is (read the thread) THANK YOU HEHATEME & the rest of members that know it can happen to any one of us and now we have a way to recoup and were very constructive in this matter----
as much as i wanted to mail the turd turds i would have broken mail laws so he got more than he sent me $1.00 ninja soldier from the $1.00 store------the rest that think you will be covered if you used cc or whatever---please do it your way---------
ps----santa is not real-------

:clap:yess:

Looks like I'm in the same boat now. Bought something, never arrived, opened a claim with PayPal, but the seller provided tracking info. I checked it and of course it doesn't say our addresses or anything. Guess I'll be losing my $160.

Looks like I'm in the same boat now. Bought something, never arrived, opened a claim with PayPal, but the seller provided tracking info. I checked it and of course it doesn't say our addresses or anything. Guess I'll be losing my $160.

sorry to hear that-----that is what i had told ebay when i first called them before i opened the claim that if they do not do something and the
scam artist gets the funds it will open up a whole new bag of worms-----and so it begins-------
just call ebay and tell them your neighbor got the box and say item not as described----as a stated -----that is the only way to recoup in this new scam----until moronbay wakes up to this as they are the ones now losing funds------sorry again

I sold a figure to a stupid brazilian guy, he told me the tracking option was too expensive for him (it was LIKE 80 bucks) so stupid me, i send the item with no traking , after a month he files a dispute without even asking me anything saying he did not get the item1 and i'm pretty sure he did because i've never had any problems with canada post ! so I lost my $100 ! so that sucks!

We should not generalize. I myself am from Brazil and never wanted to be smarter than anybody else. There is dishonest people anywhere in the world. I made a purchase through Ebay several months ago with a seller from Hong Kong and, by the tracking number, the items it seemed to be lost before arriving in my country. So, I contacted the seller.

He said that, by coincidence, the items were returned to him that same day. He told me not to worry and that would resend the parcels quickly.

The seller never more answered my messages or informed the tracking number. The items never arrived!

But for me this is not reason to simply distrusting of the Hong Kong sellers or from elsewhere. Do you understand my point of view?

I know it's not exactly a scam but I'm new to selling on eBay & ____ me the email's you get. I've had some auctions up & as soon as there finished I'm being asked for discounts, I don't get it. When I win an auction or buy something, I just ____ing pay the amount I agreed to pay :gah:

I know it's not exactly a scam but I'm new to selling on eBay & ____ me the email's you get. I've had some auctions up & as soon as there finished I'm being asked for discounts, I don't get it. When I win an auction or buy something, I just ____ing pay the amount I agreed to pay :gah:

Theres some pricks and chancers out there thats for sure. Every time I hear stuff like this it just makes me think 'no, the extra money I might get on ebay just wouldn't be worth the hassle'.

LOL just ignore them and send the invoice. I get asked stupid questions daily when all the answers are in the description.. I just delete it.

Well l have been on ebay for the last 7 years (only as a abuyer) and never got screwed and find some really great deals, l always pay through paypal with credt card. The big question now, would l sell on Ebay, ____ NO.

The only things I buy on ebay now are miscellaneous cheap crap like used books, cheap electronics, small gadgets, batteries, and cheap figure "parts"...too risky...and yes, always use credit card through paypal. Paypal screwed me once as well, despite clear evidence of the seller's scam. Visa refunded me in 3 days.

Well l have been on ebay for the last 7 years (only as a abuyer) and never got screwed and find some really great deals, l always pay through paypal with credt card. The big question now, would l sell on Ebay, ____ NO.

I think I've had enough now. I sold one thing before which went smoothly a year ago but this time around I've put 3 items up & had nothing but hassle. If I want to sell anything again, it's going up on these boards here.

Damn, I got jacked but it was the other way around. There's no such thing as ebay SELLER protection. I sold a T600. The guy emailed me 20 days after receipt telling me that items were broken and some parts are missing...20 days later mind you. He won't send me pictures, he won't go through USPS insurance that I had setup for situation such as this. He went through ebay buyer protection and jacked my funds via Paypal!! It even shows under the dispute that he returned the item to me. What he did was listed MY tracking number back on the 17th that I had provided to ebay and paypal. Now ebay thinks that he returned the item to me without verifying the return address and even the freaking date!

In the end, he jacked my $250 + my item and I'm stuck dealing with ebay...what the......

Damn, I got jacked but it was the other way around. There's no such thing as ebay SELLER protection. I sold a T600. The guy emailed me 20 days after receipt telling me that items were broken and some parts are missing...20 days later mind you. He won't send me pictures, he won't go through USPS insurance that I had setup for situation such as this. He went through ebay buyer protection and jacked my funds via Paypal!! It even shows under the dispute that he returned the item to me. What he did was listed MY tracking number back on the 17th that I had provided to ebay and paypal. Now ebay thinks that he returned the item to me without verifying the return address and even the freaking date!

In the end, he jacked my $250 + my item and I'm stuck dealing with ebay...what the......

Whats his id and does he ever sell anything. :wink1:

That's crazy!! I assume you called customer service over at paypal, right? I dealt with them once on a much more minuscule issue than this but they were a big help at looking at the data provided and getting my money back.

ID: collectors_stash

Yeah, I'm sure he has sold stuff. I am pretty sure that he swapped his broken figure with mine and tried to pass it as if it was my fault. No way can 2 of the T600's vest comes off and disappears by itself out of an original HT box that was double packaged.

That's crazy!! I assume you called customer service over at paypal, right? I dealt with them once on a much more minuscule issue than this but they were a big help at looking at the data provided and getting my money back.

Yeah, I called ebay and the lady was surprised in regards to what happened. She told me that my original package was received/delivered. I asked how is that possible, no one can ship in half a day from NY to CA! I told her to check the delivery address and she placed me on hold of 10 mins and came back telling me that it was the wrong address. I asked if it was Flushing NY and she said "yes". Told her to check the date and it was back on the 17th. The buyer used MY tracking number to fool eBay that the item was delivered. SCAM! She told me to appeal and she'll add notes. I doubt it will do me much so I opened a case through Paypal just now. Hopefully they read my explanation. It's such a long story that I hate repeating myself =(

It's not even just the value. The fact that I know I was right and people with the actual power (ebay/paypal) in this situation is super blinded.

And that was why I assumed he was an ok buyer. Check out his negative feedback. All 3 were regarding broken items.

Back