THE NEW EBAY SCAM-NO PAYPAL PROTECTION, buyer beware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding this thread..

-Buy from trusted sellers. 0 feedback plus bargain price is a trap and you stepped right into it.
-Use credit cards.
-Never pre-order on eBay.

You can easily avoid all the questionable sellers. The only thing you cannot avoid is a seller who goes bad over-night. That's the only time I got scammed was when I bought a $500 gift-card from a seller with 100% feedback. Now his feedback history wasn't something fishy like a bunch of $1 items he sold. They were all $500 gift-cards, and his buyers were not fishy either with 0 or low feedbacks. All the buyers were normal to me. So this was someone who decided to go bad overnight. His feedback went from impeccable to collecting red negatives through the roof that week. So I realize I wasn't the only one. But I got my money back from eBay.

The only thing the BBB does is inform others of the scam. They won't help you get your money back. I've been through it. Don't even bother.

obviously not, but if enough people file with their state ag and bbb, it will cause a real problem for the company. But of course noone ever does, it's much easier to complaint about it on a interweb forum.

I feel your pain, man. I was on the opposite end of the spectrum as you. I sent a high value package to a dude on eBay, who I found out later was a notorious scammer in my area. He claimed he never received it, it was scanned as delivered. He filed a claim, and the funds were reversed the next day. PayPal didn't even bother to investigate the matter. Just because there was no 'online viewable' signature confirmation. I proved to them that the dude went into the post office to sign for and pick up the package. I was on the phone with PayPal and eBay for hours, just telling them all these facts about how this guy is a huge scammer, and I straight up told them that they are facilitating massive theft, and explained how easy this was to manipulate. I told them how I could rip people off for thousands taking advantage of this loophole, and their response was just "I understand". . . you could just tell you were talking to a brick wall.

So, in situations like this. . . if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Lol it's not you who's just scammed the O.P is it?!
eBay like anywhere else can be dodgy as hell. I think the O.P was rather naive parting with that sort of money to a guy with 0 feedback...
No matter how good the deal I'd never be that desperate.
Strike it down to experience

Lol it's not you who's just scammed the O.P is it?!
eBay like anywhere else can be dodgy as hell. I think the O.P was rather naive parting with that sort of money to a guy with 0 feedback...
No matter how good the deal I'd never be that desperate.
Strike it down to experience

i find it strange that sharing a fudged situation that can happen to any one us would arose such a personal attacks, we are all fans of toys here and we all find deals here and there, basic systems are set up to protect us, but sooner or later some creative scammer come along and rocks the basics , i know we all think we are covered through paypal protection, i have been screwed by old / new members on ebay but 100% have recouped my funds, who knew that you can just sell a item ship outside ebay/paypal and just send a empty box to anyone that lives in the same city and zip send it there and have that delivery con# confirm on usps website and that is it, the seller gets the funds and if you tell ebay/paypal you never got the item ---well guess what we can see that the item was delivered to your city & zip no address confirmation needed , well than what was the point of confirmed address on paypal, this is unheard of, the strike is against you as you are naive enough to believe this can not happen to you, instead of judging someone you do not know and i am not going to tell you my story, please try to learn from other peoples experience rather this taking personal punches.

I don't know why people are attacking mojo because of his decision to purchase this item from a clearly questionable seller.

He isn't making this thread asking for sympathy but rather informing the community that there is a loophole for scamming sellers (whether they have 0 or 10,000 feedback on ebay) where they can easily ship a package or an empty envelope with tracking to a location near you and not have to worry about the buyer winning disputes. It is an informative post and we should all stay alert when buying from ebay (as always).

He can give you negative feedback the second your auction ended with him. You need to file a non-paying bidder claim so you can get your final value fees refunded. Whether or not he has paid you, eBay has already charged you fees. After you file, eBay will give that guy 7 days to respond, if he doesn't, your fees will be returned. And I believe during this process or at the end of this process, he won't be able to leave you feedback. Move away, file the claim, and relist your item. It's not worth it to push something on someone who has obviously changed his/her mind. A non-paying bidder is shady in the first place right? So who knows what scams they can pull on you since they really don't want the item anymore.

Ok got it,thanks. Just filed a non payment on him last night. I really dont like to do stuff like that and would rather work with people but he has not contacted me at all. I dont know if he would have left me any feedback at all anyways, he had a score of 95 with 100% as buyer but has only left 3 feedbacks for other people in all that time.

fellow freaks i want to clear something so all are clear in this matter, i spent 8 hours on the phone with ebay/paypal/cc customers service i even got trust/spams dept involved in this matter, you see it does not matter if you used your cc/paypal makes no difference as the item shows it was delivered on the usps website we loose, all these company are online and the only proof they need is the delivery con#, your cc company just does not refunds your funds without communicating with the seller, the seller provides a online # the confirms the delivery and yes we loose, if you thing you are too cool for this please move on to the next topic, this was started to share info and experience, you see member (hehateme) has the only solution in this matter for the buyer not to get screwed-------i will not tell you what this genius came up with (look it up) , let me tell you it is THE ONLY way to win with this kind of scam,
also to make something clear and simple------i am 40 and retired-----naive stupid peeps do not do that----even though some freaks just acted like john wayne in this matter i am thank full to freaks that gave constructive ideas and shared their issues and THATS WHY WE ARE HERE.
PEACE.

fellow freaks i want to clear something so all are clear in this matter, i spent 8 hours on the phone with ebay/paypal/cc customers service i even got trust/spams dept involved in this matter, you see it does not matter if you used your cc/paypal makes no difference as the item shows it was delivered on the usps website we loose, all these company are online and the only proof they need is the delivery con#, your cc company just does not refunds your funds without communicating with the seller, the seller provides a online # the confirms the delivery and yes we loose, if you thing you are too cool for this please move on to the next topic, this was started to share info and experience, you see member (hehateme) has the only solution in this matter for the buyer not to get screwed-------i will not tell you what this genius came up with (look it up) , let me tell you it is THE ONLY way to win with this kind of scam,
also to make something clear and simple------i am 40 and retired-----naive stupid peeps do not do that----even though some freaks just acted like john wayne in this matter i am thank full to freaks that gave constructive ideas and shared their issues and THATS WHY WE ARE HERE.
PEACE.

First, thanks for sharing this info with us. Shipping blank boxes might be old for some, but it's new to me. And second, don't worry about the bashing, this is a normal behavior in the SSF, lol. Just don't pay attention.

Hope your situation gets resolved somehow.

PEACE.

I have no problem with you scamming a scammer back to get your money back. :dunno

Last edited:
I have no problem with you a scammer getting scammed right back to get your money back. :dunno

if you want to take it laying down that is your choice, i will always fight fire with fire, if this scam artist gets away with it he will screw more people, but when he realize that honest people will stand up for them selfs he will think twice, I DO NOT SEE IT THAT WAY AT ALL, its like saying to all those people getting sick and tired of banks screwing them all over the would not to protest, just take it as they give it to you----you have to think outside the box and be smart-----hehateme was not finding a scam but a very smart way to fight this evil-----much respect to him from me------

like I said... if you get screwed for a large amount of $ file a civil case. When you buy something you can ask ebay for that persons contact info.... if they wanted to make a quick buck they will probably think twice and resolve the situation. It is hard to make a paypal/ebay account withought providing tons of info because once you reach a certain $ limit on paypal they require utility bill copy ect to prove you are who you say you are.

like I said... if you get screwed for a large amount of $ file a civil case. When you buy something you can ask ebay for that persons contact info.... if they wanted to make a quick buck they will probably think twice and resolve the situation. It is hard to make a paypal/ebay account withought providing tons of info because once you reach a certain $ limit on paypal they require utility bill copy ect to prove you are who you say you are.

Filing an international lawsuit, especially one against someone in a country that does not recognize US laws is like ____ing for virginity. In the end, it'll get cockblocked in red tape and you'll likely be out considerably more money than the item was originally worth. :cuckoo:

My feedback rating is much lower than this, but I've bought and sold hundreds of times and also have not been screwed over much. I feel a high level of confidence when I buy, but I take certain precautions. If I saw a HT P2 Elder figure or a Doom PF for $150 from a seller with 0 feedback, no way in hell I would buy it. You're just asking for trouble there.

What he said :lecture

If its too good to be true, chances are, it is.

Pay with a F-ING Credit card people and they will protect you!!!! I have called Visa maybe 5 times in the last 9 years and I always get $$ back.

This is a warning going out to all of us who buy on ebay, we are all screwed---and are not covered through paypal protection either at all.
As we know scam artist will find loop holes---well here is the new one that pretty much _____KS us clean----HERE IS GOES------
09/22/2011 i see a ED209 buy it now for $248.30 with free shipping deal and than some , only problem the seller has 0 feedback and wants immediate payment, i knew i would be covered through paypal/ebay and if something goes wrong i would get my funds but would have to wait about 2-4 weeks to get the funds back, but a ED209 @ $248.30 does not come around, so i bought the item, the seller today emails me that the track# is on paypal so i go and CHECK the delivery con# and it shows that the item was delivered on the 9/27/11, now it does not show the address to where but just the city and zip, right away i know something was wrong, i work from home so i know i did not miss the item, my postman know me so i know the item did not end up someone else home, i know my next door people as well, i called ebay/paypal and what they told me shocked me, if a seller sells a item for less than $250.00 and does not ship the item through ebay/paypal they do not require the seller to provide confirmation of what address the item was shipped to, ebay/paypal tell me it shows you got the item so we will rule in his favor , so
i can sell a item for $248.00 go to google find a local store in the same city and zip send them a small package with delivery con# and thats it , once you do not get the item you call ebay i provide this # and prove that a package was delivered in the same city and zip----i win you loose---simple
this freggin sucks and it should not be this way , but it is and i wanted all to know-----NOT TO BUY ON EBAY--------------

Why not tell ebay now that you have received the item. However, it is not in the condition you were advertised. Return an empty box with delivery confirmation to a small store in the sellers zipcode. GET YOUR REFUND. :hi5: Problem solved.....

Why not tell ebay now that you have received the item. However, it is not in the condition you were advertised. Return an empty box with delivery confirmation to a small store in the sellers zipcode. GET YOUR REFUND. :hi5: Problem solved.....

Lol thats a good one! :clap

nice..
using loopholes to beat loopholes...
too bad this post is kind of late.. :)

Back