The MEG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 30+ years they are finally making this....?

Almost - I think it was 1995 or so, so it's 23 years.

I think the China connection was the thing that finally got it over the hump.

It's Jason Statham and some female Chinese star (contractually obligated to have no less than 100 spoken lines of dialog) vs a shark the size of three school buses.:yess:

Yep! August 10th! Surprised we haven't even had a Teaser yet but I can imagine this will be CG heavy. $150million budget

Those two things never occur together without tears and ruin.

I have Steve Alten followed on faceblocked and Meg fans group. This is the supposed poster circulating as legit atm. They aren't even showing that till later... but this **** looks Piranha 3D all over again...

View attachment 403713

Also, I have all 5 books, read them all... but Steve Alten is majorly promoting the movie like crazy on his feed. Imagine if Michael Crichton did that... :lol Jurassic Flop...

OMFG. That seriously has to be the worst major movie promo image I've ever seen.

Bingbing will be crows new waifu.

tenor.gif

Don't it Tali? :lol I feel like the movie poster was done by SyFy and has a bunch of half naked chicks with bad cgi deaths.

$150M budget? That's a lot of money on a non-superhero, non-Star Wars, non-Pixar movie. How costly can a CGI Megalodon be? Unless they are somehow planning on Jurassic Worlding it there's only so much you can do. There were some large scale attacks in the book, but nothing extraordinary. Will reserve judgement until the trailer drops, but was never planning to see this in the theater.

Poster is terrible. It has the ham-fisted look of something that was done for a low budget SyFy flick, not to mention the awful tagline.

No, I distinctly remember a Megalodon script floating around town in the late 80's.

I'm sure Roger Corman had one.:lol

I meant the book which had its movie rights sell pretty quickly in the mid 90's but then it sat for a couple of decades.

That Meg author guy probably feels like he can die now.

Don't it Tali? :lol I feel like the movie poster was done by SyFy and has a bunch of half naked chicks with bad cgi deaths.

Yeah, that Deep Blue Sea 2 promo looks like Citizen Kane next to the Meg image.

I mean who approved that - the Chinese pulp-mill billionaire investor?:lol

There was also Mega Shark vs...

The whole Megalodon premise has been battered around since Jaws was released. That's why I'm so shocked to see it finally made into a "legit" movie.

The whole Megalodon premise has been battered around since Jaws was released. That's why I'm so shocked to see it finally made into a "legit" movie.

They do seem to be a late to the party.

I just find sharks that can rip your leg/arm off more scary than sharks that can swallow a Coast Guard vessel whole.

It's like Titanic Space Slug - the Movie.

I love how people forget JAWS 3(D) was a Megalodon :lol

But it wasn't supposed to be a Megalodon. I thought you were serious.

There was the mouth of a Megalodon seen in Jaws though.

True, but Dinosawers weren't supposed to breedz in Jurassic Park either lol

Back