The Medicom Alien review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,ll wait for the Hottoys version.I bet it will 1 thousand better than this "Medicrap" version.
After see the awesome work,detail,quality and paint of the Dog Alien 3..I.m pretty sure the original Alien will be a "must have" collectible

It'll be good, not doubt. Just don't hold your breath for accuracy. :rotfl

Doh! Having just joined the dole queue I cancelled my Hot Toys Alien 3 order from Play.com. I also had this on pre-order but kept it open as it was supposed to shipping on March the 20th just in case I could find gainfull employment.

The little bugger has arrived early though and is winging his way to me as I write this. In one way I'm elated in another more relaistic way I really coud have done with the cash.

However if the little "Big Chap" lives up to the pictures posted in this very thread then I won't mind eating beans on toast for the next month or so...:rotfl

I,ll wait for the Hottoys version.I bet it will 1 thousand better than this "Medicrap" version.
After see the awesome work,detail,quality and paint of the Dog Alien 3..I.m pretty sure the original Alien will be a "must have" collectible

Oh, I'm sure the HT version will be really fantastic, unfortunately (for me) I'm also sure it won't be very accurate.
I'm happy I'll have both gracing my shelves. :D

Well the little "big chap" turned up today. Unfortunately due to Play.com's policy of posting figures in a plastic bag the box is batterd to hell and back :banghead. I mean ruined. Fortunately the figure itself is fine though I'm pretty miffed with the box.

As the figure itself it's good but way over-priced. I love the sculpt on the suit however the mouth could have done with a bit more care & attention especially on the teeth. I agree wth Abake that a meld of the NECA and this would make the perfect Alien figure. The head is more reminescent of the cover of Giger's Alien Fim Design cover. Very cool. :lol

Over to you Hot Toys......

P.S. I called Play.com and they are sending me a replacement so customer service wise I'm pretty chuffed.

This cheeky chappie arrived today: (thought I'd try him out on the stand)

RAHAlien2.jpg

My replacement form Play turned up yesterday with the box fully intact and mint. I've fallen in love with the figure. It's clealy based on the Giger museum suit and they've done a lovely job of capturing the look. The "suit" is fantastic and despite some restrictions the figure poses really well. The only real nitpick I have is that the teeth are a little too small and ill defined apart form that it's fantastic. Still horrendously expensive though.

Since we've been discussing the Medi-alien a lot, I thought I should bring this thread back to life, since it has plenty of nice pics for everyone to peruse... :D

I might try and take some better photos of mine tonight. I was messing around with backlighting it the other week (like they did in the film) but it's hard!

Since we've been discussing the Medi-alien a lot, I thought I should bring this thread back to life, since it has plenty of nice pics for everyone to peruse... :D

Thank you so much for bring this thread back. :D

So frustrating! White Wizard has these for $110.50, but I have tried to check out with paypal five or more times now and always get the same message:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

And when I email White Wizard, I get absolutely no response! I hope Alter Ego puts them on sale.

:(

So frustrating! White Wizard has these for $110.50, but I have tried to check out with paypal five or more times now and always get the same message:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

And when I email White Wizard, I get absolutely no response! I hope Alter Ego puts them on sale.

:(

Call White Wizard, they'll fix it for you.

Furystorm, I had the same problem with the White Wizard order that I referred to earlier. I ultimately just used a credit card. I e-mailed them, letting them know about my problem, but they never did respond.

Tried to take a few more unusual photos of my Medicom:

DSCN4613.jpg

DSCN4638.jpg

DSCN4639.jpg

"Are you my Mummy?"

DSCN4645.jpg

Back