The Medicom Alien review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abake, you pickin' up one (or both) of the Medicom VCD Aliens?

I'm thinking I might have to get one.

No, actually I don't have any interest in those... besides, gotta save money for whatever HT might have prepared for the 30th anniversary! :D

Glad you liked the review shockwave! I was one very frustrated collector while you, tin and kazuki already had yours! :lol

WOW, great review and as a huge Alien fan I want this figure. I like how Medi did the suit look and they did it very very well. I do wish the teeth were bigger and the hands were more stuck together like the movie but the legs are so freaking good and it's very hard to get that part right. In the movie theyguys put glue silicone all over the body and tried to make it look more organtic. This figure doesn't have that but if you are a fan and have seen Giger sculpting pics you know just how good this piece is. Yes it cost a lot but if you love Alien and respect what Giger did this is one heck of a nice piece and I for one must get it. Way to go Medicom. It's too good a time to be an Alien fan. I can't wait to see what HT's will put out.

Hmm the Neca Aliens was 21" at first, 22" afterwards but it's actually 18". ;)

Great review though outside of those 2 things. ;) :D

Hmm, actually fully upright (as much as the sculpt allows) it is over 18"...
To be quite honest, I haven't measured it, but I have seen it next to 18" figures and it is taller. :D

Hey Kyle!
Glad you liked the review, and yes, the legs are really great! It's one of the things I first noticed, how well "sculpted" the legs look.

What? Page three and no more pics?
Here's one! :D

DSC01127.jpg

Here's another one I hadn't posted:

DSC01134.jpg

thanks for the great review. The flaking paint is a real negative for me. It takes the fun out of having something like this when you have to be so careful with it. After spending so much $$$, I would be hesitant to touch it for fear of rubbing the paint off. So basically, it would serve as a non-poseable rubber statue in an attempt to preserve it. I'll be looking to pick this one up if i can find a deal on one. :D

I have a feeling this will be available cheaper somewhere down the line, and I might get another one just for the hell of it.

Strangely enough, the paint rubbing off isn't bothering me much right now. It actually ends up giving the figure more texture! :D

I was messing around with it last night and it really is lots of fun. I might try some "artistic" photography this week-end if I have time. Should be fun.

I actually took this pics for Abake but just thought I share it with you guys who are interested with the Medicom Alien fig.

I initially thought that the alien is actually using the same body as the anime figure. But after taking the side by side comparison, it seems like a different body.

The alien body is far thicker on all the four limbs but neither is it as thick as a regular RAH301 body.

Im guessing Medicom did customise their body to a certain extent, in order to create the look of the alien.

Anyway enough talk, here are the pics.
IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

Pardon me for the slightly out of focus shots, just took them real quickly

Thanks a lot for the pics kazuki!

And you're right, that does not look like it would be underneath the Alien suit...
This bumps my respect for the figure and what Medicom did even higher up! They designed a whole new body for it, impressive.

I have one of these & I LOVE it! Very good, fair review mate. It is hard to pose due to the rubber suit, but only with extreme limb bending/extension.

The only two things I think that would improve the figure are:
* a better paint app on the body (it looks like it just got hit with an air brush here & there with a single colour)
* the tint on the transparent top of the head - needs to be a bit darker imo. Just a bit.

A great figure, no regrets.

I,ll wait for the Hottoys version.I bet it will 1 thousand better than this "Medicrap" version.
After see the awesome work,detail,quality and paint of the Dog Alien 3..I.m pretty sure the original Alien will be a "must have" collectible

Back