THE Marvel Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE Marvel Grail

• Grey Hulk PF

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Iron Man Exclusive

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Doom Exclusive

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Grey Hulk VS Spiderman

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
FunnyPart-com-are_those_real_teeth.jpg

lcummins said:
I truly believe the XMen VS Sentinel #1 will be the most sought after grail as time passes! Especially one with electronics that continue to function!!!

Word! The Sentinel piece shows how difficult it is to work with assure QC when it comes to electronics--on first glance, it doesn't look very difficult, but in practice--if you got one that works, you've got gold!

Bodie The Cursed said:
I would say more as it can be potentially repaired by someone who knows what theyre doing?..

Does anyone know if the question of 'how to repair' one was ever posed to Sideshow?

I wonder if anyone that got a malfunctioning Dio was able to get it fixed.

I don't own any of these pieces, but I have seen a few of them in person.... I was the most blown away by Doom. So, I think he is the Marvel Grail. His chair is out of this world...

customizerwannabe said:
Excellent question. I've wondered that myself.

I wouldn't see why it would be. Both don't have lights. The only thing is that you might be able to get the exclusive fixed, some how :confused:

Fritz said:
Is an XvsS with non-functional lights worth more or the same as a regular?

I say yes, it would be slightly higher as there are some collectors paying more money to lower numbers

since exclusive is limited to 650, than there might be some chosing to pay, say 10 $ more to that

SolidLiquidFox said:
However, it's surprising the amount of people that collect comics statues and refuse to pick up a comic book or even the trade paperback.
Well remember that the majority of superheroes were created 40+ years ago. A lot of people would be fans because of the comics they read as kids and the comics out today are quite different than those. I'd like to build a collection of TPB's of classic stories but I'm finding it harder to jump on board for the new storylines.

Some do look good though (like Planet Hulk and the current events with Captain America).

My vote is for DOOM. That piece makes me speechless everytime I see it. I drool just thinking about it. Now if I could only get my hands on one!!!! :D

As much as Doom looks like the pimp king he is . . .I just don't associate with him, being that he's also has the reputation of being a bad guy. So, I foresee Hulk PF or even Iron Man comiquette as grails . . .

After drooling over my Doom all night, I have no problem with anyone saying this is THE Marvel grail. Just an absolute incredible item. Not physicaly dominating like Hulk, but more impressive all the way around.

My personal favorite is still the first X-Men VS though

Darth Loki said:
My personal favorite is still the first X-Men VS though

"You don't like Sentinel and you want to sell it to Gambit"

Gambit tries mind trick on DL :D

I have a friend in Turkey with doom exc. I need to insist on him to sell Doom to me, guess it is the only way to have a doom for me :monkey1

gambit said:
"You don't like Sentinel and you want to sell it to Gambit"

Gambit tries mind trick on DL :D

I have a friend in Turkey with doom exc. I need to insist on him to sell Doom to me, guess it is the only way to have a doom for me :monkey1

Sorry my Turkish friend. My moment of weekness has passed and I'm fully entrenched in the Marvel line and all it's glory. I still hope one day you're able to get one. If not, I'm sure me and Rory will be happy to post pictures of our own for you to admire :D

Darth Loki said:
Sorry my Turkish friend. My moment of weekness has passed and I'm fully entrenched in the Marvel line and all it's glory. I still hope one day you're able to get one. If not, I'm sure me and Rory will be happy to post pictures of our own for you to admire :D
Sorry I can never resist the call.
IMG_1454.jpg

Last edited:
No "grail" is complete until you contact casesforcollectibles.com:

DoomPFEX.jpg

(From cap70's collection on statueforum)

I can't wait to have each of my Captain Americas in such a setup!

Back