THE Marvel Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE Marvel Grail

• Grey Hulk PF

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Iron Man Exclusive

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Doom Exclusive

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Grey Hulk VS Spiderman

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
Bodie The Cursed said:
...I bet Khev gets an erection when he reads a Cap comic..

I can relate to that. I get one when I look at that sexy Tony Stark head.

hey you guys shouldn't judge the PF that isn't released just yet. i put the xmen exclusive diorama because now you HAVE to have it if you are collecting the VS. line. with the Doom exclusive you don't really need it unless you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you paid extra for the cup.

Darth Loki said:
There are several pieces that could certainly be considered grails from the Marvel line.
Yep, and there always will be several. There are so many good pieces that for the most part it'll come down to character preference. ES obviously helps but it isn't everything. I doubt there's a single person who considers the Grey Vs, Classic Spidey, and Negative Spidey as their three favorite pieces.

This poll is certainly biased as it excluded the Spidey variants and is being posted at the height of X-Men Dio #1 hype.

I truly believe the XMen VS Sentinel #1 will be the most sought after grail as time passes! Especially one with electronics that continue to function!!!

lcummins said:
I truly believe the XMen VS Sentinel #1 will be the most sought after grail as time passes! Especially one with electronics that continue to function!!!
IMG_1454.jpg

lcummins said:

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

It always bothered me how Spidey was so much smaller than the hulk or for that matter the other chars in the Vs peices... Its why I got rid of it

That size difference is kinda Mcfarlanesque. He drew them with that size difference often. It's easier to display than green hulk any day of the week too.

Khev said:
Look at my post again. The Golden Age Cap costume is different than the modern one and there's only 875. Doom himself is the same whether you have the chalice or not. 875 Golden Age Caps, 1500 Dooms. :D

ah yes, very tricky :lol :lol :lol

although you might seem to have a point, any day I would choose Doom's chalice over the golden age cap exc item as I do not care about captain America so much. imo, he is a character created to ascertain a minimum selling copy of a comic :monkey1

Having said that, my exclusive is on order and I will be definitely getting him for he has a potential to be a great PF statue.

lcummins said:
I truly believe the XMen VS Sentinel #1 will be the most sought after grail as time passes! Specially one with electronics that continue to function!!!

I think a full exclusive set will be more valuable than just the first piece. It's funny a lot of people didn't give a crap about Sentinel Vs #1 until it started climbing up in price.

"Colossus' legs look funny"
"I hate Cyclops teeth...why is he not wearing the Jim Lee costume???"
"The lights are alright...nothing to write home about...mine are defective so I am getting a refund...not worth it"

:rolleyes:

I think Doom and Green Hulk PF are the strongest pieces and are so far the grails that most people will seek to own. One took a bit to be appreciated while the other was an instant success. Most people that are not into the Vs pieces will just pass on Sentinel Vs #1 altogether and not bother with the set.

with the death of cap i wonder what will happen to demand now. will it go up!? i voted DOOM exclusive. DAM the sclupt is nice and its hard to find on ebay or any other place.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I find it funny how people still ignore the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey diorama. It pissed so many people off that to some people it was like it never existed. It's so unnatainable that people continue to not bring it up or just chalk it up as "not worth it". In reality, it's a more accurate Grey Hulk (McFarlane) than the PF.

The denial is actually very funny. :lol
Or, like with Classic Spidey and Negative Spidey, people just don't care about it that much because there are much better pieces out there. ;)

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think a full exclusive set will be more valuable than just the first piece. It's funny a lot of people didn't give a crap about Sentinel Vs #1 until it started climbing up in price.

"Colossus' legs look funny"
"I hate Cyclops teeth...why is he not wearing the Jim Lee costume???"
"The lights are alright...nothing to write home about...mine are defective so I am getting a refund...not worth it"

:rolleyes:

I think Doom and Green Hulk PF are the strongest pieces and are so far the grails that most people will seek to own. One took a bit to be appreciated while the other was an instant success. Most people that are not into the Vs pieces will just pass on Sentinel Vs #1 altogether and not bother with the set.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to say that I am still so glad I went ahead and finally got the first X-Men Dio. By far my favorite piece in my whole collection. And anyone complaining about the costumes should do themselves a favor and go out and buy the Astonishing X-Men comics that these dios are based on- it will change your whole perspective.

El Roranous said:
And anyone complaining about the costumes should do themselves a favor and go out and buy the Astonishing X-Men comics that these dios are based on- it will change your whole perspective.

I agree with you there. I argued the same point as soon as this piece came out. However, it's surprising the amount of people that collect comics statues and refuse to pick up a comic book or even the trade paperback.

El Roranous said:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to say that I am still so glad I went ahead and finally got the first X-Men Dio. By far my favorite piece in my whole collection. And anyone complaining about the costumes should do themselves a favor and go out and buy the Astonishing X-Men comics that these dios are based on- it will change your whole perspective.

Word.

I still don't care for the teeth though, same with Mr. Magneto.

confused21.gif

Back