THE Marvel Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE Marvel Grail

• Grey Hulk PF

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Iron Man Exclusive

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Doom Exclusive

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Grey Hulk VS Spiderman

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
71551_press02-001.jpg

Khev said:
I'm glad that there are 1,500 of these:

7132_press01-001.jpg

but only 875 of this:

71611_press02-001.jpg

I don't think I was around when Doom was up for preorder. What was the reaction. Me and a few other people have been posting and reposting every new Cap pic at every opportunity. Were people doing the same for Doom? What kind of hype did he have leading to the sellout?

it came up for pre-order when sdcc 05 was on i think and i snapped up the exclusive doom which was limited to only 300.

then they changed it to 500 later on...and i was so pissed off i cancelled it...i'll never do that again:monkey1 :monkey2

Grail to some may be a so so to others. At 50 numbered pcs only, Grey Hulk vs Spidey dio is by far the rarest of them all. Hence it should be the grail. Worst of all, it eluded many collectors on that very fine day. Gosh, i still have my waiting list order with SStill today.:monkey2
Congrats to all who are still having it.

cap america aint a grail...they even offered two of their exclusives to customers....

customizerwannabe said:
I actually think the green hulk will be worth more in the long run than the exclusive Cap.

Ditto.........

I voted for the Grey Hulk PF, because I belive the extra $100 collectors had to put down for that one, was for the "instant Marvel Grail" feature that SSC has built in. Only, I haven't found the switch to activate it yet... :D

Seriously now, I think the race is between the Grey Hulk PF, and the X-Men vs Sentinel # 1 Exclusive. Time will tell.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Seriously now, I think the race is between the Grey Hulk PF, and the X-Men vs Sentinel # 1 Exclusive. Time will tell.

Doom has to be on that list. I find it funny how people still ignore the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey diorama. It pissed so many people off that to some people it was like it never existed. It's so unnatainable that people continue to not bring it up or just chalk it up as "not worth it". In reality, it's a more accurate Grey Hulk (McFarlane) than the PF.

The denial is actually very funny. :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
Doom has to be on that list. I find it funny how people still ignore the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey diorama. It pissed so many people off that to some people it was like it never existed. It's so unnatainable that people continue to not bring it up or just chalk it up as "not worth it". In reality, it's a more accurate Grey Hulk (McFarlane) than the PF.

The denial is actually very funny. :lol

Scarcity is the only thing that will keep that popular. It doesn't look as good as the green and most people would rather have the PF than the VS. The Grey Hulk PF really put a dent in the VS popularity. I seriously doubt we'll get another Marvel piece with such a limited ES, but who knows.

gambit said:
Numbers are wrong dude,

there are 875 + 1100 = 1975 Captain Americas
Look at my post again. The Golden Age Cap costume is different than the modern one and there's only 875. Doom himself is the same whether you have the chalice or not. 875 Golden Age Caps, 1500 Dooms. :D

customizerwannabe said:
I actually think the green hulk will be worth more in the long run than the exclusive Cap.
You're probably right. The Hulk is a more well known icon than Cap and the Green is definitive. The ES difference of 125 almost certainly isn't enough to overcome the demand for the Green. But that's okay, demand or not, I'm happy knowing that there are more Green Hulks and Doom PF's spread throughout people's homes than Cap variants. :)

Darth Loki said:
It doesn't look as good as the green and most people would rather have the PF than the VS. The Grey Hulk PF really put a dent in the VS popularity.

Anyone would rather have the PF. It's cheaper than getting the Vs (there are 129 more out there), it's a bigger and more impressive sculpt and overall there is more positive hype than the negative backlash of the "surprise" release of the Vs.

However, completely denying the appeal of the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey is ridiculous. Much like the paint job on the PF it does look better in person. The gray sculpt is more accurate to the source as opposed to the PF which is just a paint over a Kirby based green. Most people don't seem to care and just want one for whatever their reasons.

The Vs piece was one of the best sculpts of 2006. It has perhaps the best Spidey sculpt with the most dynamic pose around that actually works. You figure any variant of it would rank higher. Nowadays it seems that people look more for shiny stuff (Iron Man) and pretty lights (Sentinel) over the strenght of the piece itself. One of Martin's best.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Anyone would rather have the PF. It's cheaper than getting the Vs (there are 129 more out there), it's a bigger and more impressive sculpt and overall there is more positive hype than the negative backlash of the "surprise" release of the Vs.

However, completely denying the appeal of the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey is ridiculous. Much like the paint job on the PF it does look better in person. The gray sculpt is more accurate to the source as opposed to the PF which is just a paint over a Kirby based green. Most people don't seem to care and just want one for whatever their reasons.

The Vs piece was one of the best sculpts of 2006. It has perhaps the best Spidey sculpt with the most dynamic pose around that actually works. You figure any variant of it would rank higher. Nowadays it seems that people look more for shiny stuff (Iron Man) and pretty lights (Sentinel) over the strenght of the piece itself. One of Martin's best.

Word.....I think the people who had this in hand(like me..:naughty ) understand what youre saying solid.There is a mystique feeling on having that piece.For me,its the best dio ever.And the sculpt and color are Mcfarlane accurate.Awesome piece for fans of that comic era.

I had the VS piece and will admit that it is great in every way. shape, and form. But IMO, the appeal of this is the incredilby low ES. When you factor that compared to the ES of the Doom PF or X-Men Exclusive it's only a fraction, yet they are all going for around the same price right now.

It always bothered me how Spidey was so much smaller than the hulk or for that matter the other chars in the Vs peices... Its why I got rid of it.. Not to mention its nearly impossible to display..

And may I mention again.. Neg and CLassic Spidey?..

*hoards rares*

Shai Hulud said:
cap america aint a grail...they even offered two of their exclusives to customers....

Whats up w/ the 2 per exclusive.. Very lame.

Can you say Ebay and Cancellation flood?..

*poops in pants*

I bet Khev gets an erection when he reads a Cap comic..

Back