THE Marvel Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE Marvel Grail

• Grey Hulk PF

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Iron Man Exclusive

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Doom Exclusive

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Grey Hulk VS Spiderman

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
What's up with all of the Cap hate around here? He is the embodiment of what used to be good about this country. It would seem that some of the appeal with the characters Doom and the Hulk is that they are selfish arrogant pricks with no regard for anyone or anything and many seem to think that that is the way to go nowadays. Doom has always been my third favorite villian; behind Thanos and Magneto so if I don't get one oh well. But Cap has always been my favorite hero because though he was always over matched in the power department he always got it done. Marvel killing him off to replace him with the reformed mass murderer Bucky the Winter Soldier will go down as the biggest mistake in comics history. So for me there really is no grail, I simply buy what I like and can afford. I have acquired the much maligned Magneto comiquette and Logan PF for peanuts because they haven't been hyped and I love them both. This is a hobby for me; one of many I have and not an obsession and I intend to keep it that way.

I love Cap. I loved the sculpt and his representation so much I went and got 2. For me, the X-men vs. Sentinel excl. is not a grail but a statue to own, imo. Well executed, best light efx, great details.

I never liked Doom as a character but the PF was just mind blowing.

But, I would like to see Doom vs. Magneto dio sometime in the future.

I like bad guys more. Characters like Captain America are boring to me. I should of said I especially don't like Captain America because he is TOO good. No one is really like that in real life and it comes across as absurd. I was glad when he died since I found him to be outdated for our time.

I like bad guys more. Characters like Captain America are boring to me. I should of said I especially don't like Captain America because he is TOO good. No one is really like that in real life and it comes across as absurd. I was glad when he died since I found him to be outdated for our time.

Sounds like you need to change your circle of friends then Ro. I know many people like that and proudly served with them for twenty plus years. There are still good people in the world, and no I'm not speaking of religious zealots who talk the talk but who will only assist you if you think and act exactly as they do, but people who try to do the right thing simply because that is who they are and they were born that way. My father was one one of those people; it's just the way he was. So they do exist. And I'll certainly be sure not to turn my back on you comrade. :naughty

Truthfully, I am very glad to hear that. I wish more people were really like Captain America in real life. Haven't run into them though. I always try to do the right thing but it seems that most around me are greedy and only think of themselves. I see it in the grocery store and I see it in the news. It's a true shame.

I have always also had a fascination with evil characters. I like to explore the psychology behind their motives and actions. I'm just a freak sometimes I guess. :lol

Truthfully, I am very glad to hear that. I wish more people were really like Captain America in real life. Haven't run into them though. I always try to do the right thing but it seems that most around me are greedy and only think of themselves. I see it in the grocery store and I see it in the news. It's a true shame.

I have always also had a fascination with evil characters. I like to explore the psychology behind their motives and actions. I'm just a freak sometimes I guess. :lol

I agree with that. We all have a darkside and chose whether or not we keep it in check. Thanos is evil personified yet has always been undone due to self doubt. Magneto's painful past is an obstacle that he simply cannot overcome, and Doom is simply Doom; a brilliant yet tourtured soul whom no amount of anything will every satisfy. They are complex and tragic; and I enjoy them. But I do not admire them for they are destined to always be alone and have holes in their souls that cannot be filled. They are a constant reminder to me that at the end of the day no amount of power or riches can satisfy the soul. Only trying to make something good in this world is truly rewarding. :emperor

Wow, that is actually a very good way to put it...at least when we are talking about morals and ethics in a comic book universe. The sad part is that even though good always wins in the comics, it is not the way it really is in actual life unfortunately. Too many bad things happening to good people and too many bad people doing evil things and getting away with it.

I simply try my hardest to be the best I can be and be as good to the people around me as possible. I know it's too much to ask for others though.

Wow, that is actually a very good way to put it...at least when we are talking about morals and ethics in a comic book universe. The sad part is that even though good always wins in the comics, it is not the way it really is in actual life unfortunately. Too many bad things happening to good people and too many bad people doing evil things and getting away with it.

I simply try my hardest to be the best I can be and be as good to the people around me as possible. I know it's too much to ask for others though.

Well put Ro. One person can make a difference. It can be a hell of burden to bear; but when the alternative is being a steaming pile of ^^^^^ material I'll continue to bear that burden. I've got two twin boys who need me to be strong. The worlds not black or white but shades of gray...I know this. But I at least want them on the lighter side of the spectrum. I will show them the darkness out there in due time but until then I'm fighting the good fight and showing them that nice guys don't always finish last. Love your family, be loyal to your friends, keep your word, and be kind to animals, yada yada. Corny? Maybe so. But I sleep very well at night.

Back