The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did the female comms officer who always reported directly to Gideon just get blown away by the four ladies off screen when they stormed the bridge? For some reason I assumed we'd see something more from her since she's been in like three or four episodes now.

Do you hate JYE? Seriously, are you trying to make him self-delete? :monkey3

On the contrary, I'm excited for him! His beloved character has been granted nuance, depth and vulnerability! Such conflict and struggle where once, there was merely a cipher projecting a one-dimensional 'badass'.

NOW we have real drama. I can't wait for the riveting episode where we see him weeping in Fennec's lap as he finally faces the fraud he was, and finds the courage to become the deeply flawed and vulnerable man he really is. My prediction is that he'll present her with the armour so she can do it justice, but as the audience we'll be left wondering if it's also a cowardly way to hide himself from the inimitable and deadly Koska Reeves. Exciting times!

You are going to be waaaay more grateful when Disney announces the ST being retconned and Favreau helms up the new trilogy with Din, Grogu, Luke, etc...

If they do it I'll be impressed. But Kennedy shockingly still hasn't been fired. If she were gone I would like the chances a whole lot more. But I agree that something has to give, they aren't going to feed Grogu to Kylo Ren.

Okay watching it all the way through again the direction was fine. I think it was more the music being unusually lackluster at pivotal parts, particularly Luke's rampage.

Mando vs. DT was definitely an awesome fight. Mando vs. Gideon was quite good too.

I really liked seeing Slave I tailing the shuttle through hyperspace, that's a first in SW, at least in live-action.

I do think that if they could have somehow waited for Mando to unmask until this episode that his moment would have been even more powerful but Pedro's performance combined with the puppetry got the job done beautifully regardless.

I absolutely love the last scene with Fett and Fennec. What a moment to end on. :yess:

Internet is on fire right now.

Grogu, R2, CGI Luke, Din, Ahsoka... are the future. They are a cash cow. A new trilogy and new path towards the future with that group would make tens of billions in sales. Much better and more liked than the little ST and Mary Rey Sue. Believe me. A five minute scene did more for Star Wars and will sell more merch than 3 movies ever did. It is over for the ST.

MAKE STAR WARS GREAT AGAIN AND RETCON THE ST!

As the consensus seems to be, excellent finale. I lost my mind when Luke showed up, especially because while I thought it would be cool I did not think they would actually do it (or at the very least not in this episode)! Though I will say, a lot of the episode was somewhat predictable up until the point Mando beats Gideon with the spear. It was the ending bits that elevated it. And I am extremely interested to see what they do with Boba next. There are things with him this season I am mixed on and things I quite like, but I think giving him his own show or chapters in the position of a crime boss could make for some very compelling story.

How would you guys rank the episodes of this season? I don't think there was a single bad one but some I have more issue with some than others. I don't know if it's just because it was the first one or not but my favourite might still be the season opener. It was longer, had some great new characters, progressed the overall story but also had a nice contained gunslinger adventure within the episode and just the right amount of teases and fan service. My least favorite was probably episode 6 where Fett suits up for the first time. Seeing Fett kick ass was fantastic but everything else was meh in that one... more sloppy writing, not a whole lot actually happens, lowest budget looking episode of the series, etc.

I think my ranking would be as follows but it is hard to sort the mid-tier episodes:
1. Episode 1 with the dragon
2. Episode 5 with Ahsoka
3. Episode 3 with Bo-Katan introduction
4. Episode 8 with our favorite Skywalker
5. Episode 2 with Frog lady
6. Episode 4 with the secret Imperial base infiltration
7. Episode 7 with Bill Burr back
8. Episode 6 with Boba Fett suit up

Edit: Already changing my list lol

People are so overwhelmed with nostalgia. This is some of the worst storytelling, dialogue, directing, etc. that I’ve ever seen on a flagship show. That CGI face was beyond awful. The overwritten dialogue, repetitive beats, nonsensical characters.

Just how many times has another character swooped in to save the main hero character(s)? Just awful. And what was keeping Mando from going along with Grogoo-googoo at the end? Did he have something better to do?

But the Slave 1 looks cool! So yeah. I’m watching every episode. Even though it sucks.

A new trilogy with Luke, R2, Grogu, Ahsoka, Din... I bet each movie beats Endgame. Disney must be soo excited to cash in.

Late to the party but I just watched the last episode of season 2.

I was literally clapping, laughing with joy and shouting "Yes!! Yes!! That's how its done!! when Luke showed up and was a complete bad a$$

Still can't believe that Disney actually gave the fans something so epic.

This and the ending of Rogue One with Vader are the only scenes worth remembering so far from Disney Star Wars imo.

I have done my best to purge the abominations that are the ST from my memory.

When Cap was doomed, facing down Thanos at the end of Endgame... and then was saved by his allies swooping in? And he actually HELPED in that final fight and didn’t just stand there watching on a surveillance monitor? THAT ending was EARNED. THAT was AWESOME.

This was just extremely sloppy storytelling. People liked it because of overwhelming Nostalgia. Nostalgia even for the Rogue One Vader scene. This idiot Mando is always saved by someone else. Remember those fat XWing pilots came in out of nowhere and saved him from those stupid spiders when the frog lady was taking a bubblebath? That kind of thing ALWAYS happens. This show is ridiculously bad.

But we just saw a Sandcrawler so I’m all in.

When Cap was doomed, facing down Thanos at the end of Endgame... and then was saved by his allies swooping in? And he actually HELPED in that final fight and didn?t just stand there watching on a surveillance monitor? THAT ending was EARNED. THAT was AWESOME.

This was just extremely sloppy storytelling. People liked it because of overwhelming Nostalgia. Nostalgia even for the Rogue One Vader scene. This idiot Mando is always saved by someone else. Remember those fat XWing pilots came in out of nowhere and saved him from those stupid spiders when the frog lady was taking a bubblebath? That kind of thing ALWAYS happens. This show is ridiculously bad.

But we just saw a Sandcrawler so I?m all in.

Who saved him from Gideon? From the jaws of that Krayt Dragon?

That looked nothing like Luke. It looked like a guy who went to Cost Cutters and the Halloween Outlet for costuming.

How did they board the Shuttle from Slave 1?

The cgi wasn't spot on but it's not nearly as bad as some are making out. It was fine but they should have used The Acolyte budget to get Luke's cgi perfect.

Late to the party but I just watched the last episode of season 2.

This and the ending of Rogue One with Vader are the only scenes worth remembering so far from Disney Star Wars imo.

Mando meeting The Child for the first time?

Cob Vanth standing in the doorway of the bar in armor that clearly doesn't fit?

The entirety of the Krayt dragon?

Slave 1 flying into the atmosphere?

Ahsoka in live action for the first time?

I would argue these (and many others) are scenes worth remembering.

Gideon looks like a guy who would sell you an extended warranty. Was not menacing at all. Casting was awful for that character.

More often than not the Mando was an idiot. He needed saving more often than not.

What are your thoughts on the ST?

I did not like how Han Solo went out.

I did not like that they said all Stormtroopers were kidnapped as children and forced into service. That makes them victims instead of the bad guys.

Other than that, Force Awakens was an incredible achievement. They made a wildly entertaining remake/sequel/reboot all in one. With one of the best cliffhanger endings ever. And then they made sequels that completely destroyed the entire franchise. Yay!

Back