The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I was really disappointed to see they went the cgi route with Luke. I was really excited to see who they cast to fill the role (really hoping it was Sebastian Stan) but was completely deflated to see him lift the hood and reveal the bad cgi overlay face. It would have been a perfect time to recast and have Luke be a regular on the show or even get his own show. Oh, well. Still cool to see post ROTJ in action.

If it was done a bit better I would have been fin with it.. At one point it looked like just his lower jaw and mouth could move. (Ill have to watch again).

Leia in RO was so fast it does not bother me and I thought it looked better then this. Hell i might even think Tarkin was done better at times.

BUT... Luke is luke.

I think the only time to recast him is if you are going to do a series about the times between the OT and ST and just recast them all. I dont know if it would work or not. Like I already said.. I have a feeling this is the last time you see Luke in live action form.

Personally I would love to just see an Animated series with the OT characters about the events between OT and ST.

It's like who else could they use other than Luke it only makes perfect sense but being honest I never expected them to use a de-aged Hamill for a tv series so I was still blown away they went there.

They really blew the cameo door open didn't they only 3 big ones remaining are Han, Lando and the Emperor.

Yeah it was a great surprise.

Seeing a young Han would be fun but I just can't see it being necessary. It would be a fan moment for sure, but tough to make a compelling reason why he need be there.

Luke was the biggest and best surprise. I can leave the OT cast behind now.

This episode and RO gave me what I wanted from Luke and Vader.

I almost wish they would end the Mando show now. I don't see how they are going to top this... or find another running gag as good as The Child. Mando finding his People or finding a girl is really not that interesting.

Boba Fett was humiliated and beaten yet again.

This explains why he hid behind Darth Vader in ESB, why he *ran for his life* after taking a cheap shot at Luke that missed because he was so scared, why he was *easily* bested over the Sarlacc pit, and why he needs Fennec as a caregiver and protector.

She even did most of the shooting when they returned to the Palace where he now sits on a Crying Chair to think about days past when his reputation was intact.

I love where they're going with this. Who knew this cipher of a character had such depth and complexity? He's shaping up to be the biggest fraud of the OT and now he has to come to terms with it. Let's watch!

The Book of Boba should be about exactly this.. And it should be played as a comedy.

He's the Jack Burton of SW movies

I loved the music cue for Boss Fett and his blue rum-loving protector and caregiver.

Looking forward to a whole series of her protecting him and helping him come to terms with his many limitations and failings. Should be an interesting character study in vulnerability.

If it was done a bit better I would have been fin with it.. At one point it looked like just his lower jaw and mouth could move. (Ill have to watch again).

Leia in RO was so fast it does not bother me and I thought it looked better then this. Hell i might even think Tarkin was done better at times.

BUT... Luke is luke.

I think the only time to recast him is if you are going to do a series about the times between the OT and ST and just recast them all. I dont know if it would work or not. Like I already said.. I have a feeling this is the last time you see Luke in live action form.

Personally I would love to just see an Animated series with the OT characters about the events between OT and ST.

If this is MH last onscreen hurrah, lets face it he is not very healthy, then it absolutely had to be this way not a recast that would've totally ruined it.

Lucasfilm will improve the cgi later on

Yeah it was a great surprise.

Seeing a young Han would be fun but I just can't see it being necessary. It would be a fan moment for sure, but tough to make a compelling reason why he need be there.

Luke was the biggest and best surprise. I can leave the OT cast behind now.

This episode and RO gave me what I wanted from Luke and Vader.

I almost wish they would end the Mando show now. I don't see how they are going to top this... or find another running gag as good as The Child. Mando finding his People or finding a girl is really not that interesting.

Yup not being topped sorry but it is not.

I don't need a Han cameo because his scene in TROS was perfection.

Ok fine you twisted my arm i'll accept a Han cameo.

I got that beat. My wife asked: Is it Palpatine?

lulz ouch

But I don't blame her.

:lol

I was not as bothered by it as both of you.. I figured at the time Fett was playing nice..

I think I found ajp reason for it being fine.. Im not sold on that logic for that being the reason to allow such an ass kicking but we do what we have to to keep our love for SW going :lol ajp reason is as good as any though... I'll go with it. :lol

For now I'm just going to let Fett vs. Mando chick go and treat it like it was his version of Mando fighting Cara Dune for the first time. I remember a lot of people crying fowl at all the moves she pulled on him before it ended in a draw but then he went on to kick all kinds of ass and vastly exceed her as a heroic badass. So I'm going to try and chill out and just let them more than make up for it in Fett's new series.

I loved the music cue for Boss Fett and his blue rum-loving feline assassin.

Oh yes I do love Fett's new theme and how Fennic threw back the cold blue one while draping herself across his throne, lol.

If this is MH last onscreen hurrah, lets face it he is not very healthy, then it absolutely had to be this way not a recast that would've totally ruined it.

Lucasfilm will improve the cgi later on

But it wasnt Mark Hamill's last hurrah.. Another actor stood in and they redid the face.. So is it really Mark Hamill..

Perhaps we should say.. Luke Skywalker's last Hurrah.

I assume Hamill did the voice.. I didnt look in the end credits

But it wasnt Mark Hamill's last hurrah.. Another actor stood in and they redid the face.. So is it really Mark Hamill..

Perhaps we should say.. Luke Skywalker's last Hurrah.

I assume Hamill did the voice.. I didnt look in the end credits

He was in the credits.

Mando finding his People or finding a girl is really not that interesting.

He should just go back to that little village from season one. That milf was just gagging for it, and she never even saw his face.

He should. But I'm sure Favreau already has his idea where S3 will go. Fingers crossed he can pull it off again.

I mean, Favreau... who would have ever thought in the 90's...

View attachment 501687
View attachment 501688
View attachment 501689
View attachment 501690

My criticism about the face reveal in the previous episode stands (unless Khev or ajp can fix my thinking on that) but what a scene this was. Amazing what they achieved with a helmeted man and a puppet.

You're right that a single face reveal only in the finale would've likely made it a bigger deal, but each of the two reveals made a different statement.

The first face reveal was Din being a pragmatist by taking the helmet off to complete the mission and even have a chance to rescue the kid. The second time was Din being a dad; no pragmatism involved. I think there's value in showing that he was willing to do it both when he *had* to (in Chapter 15) and when he *chose* to (in Chapter 16).

It's not like the previous episode had him remove the helmet just to take a dump or something. :lol Both times were effective because they showed him breaking his oath for different reasons. But both being ultimately because of how much he cares about Grogu's well being.

But yes, meaningful interactions with a puppet baby continues to defy logic and is a pretty remarkable achievement.

I thought PR did a better job than RR

I agree.. but I wonder how much of that had to do with the awful setting of that episode.. I mean.. Holy fan film :lol

See I'll take a Robert Rodriguez home movie over something more polished but with zero style and flare. Though I did watch bits of the finale of this latest episode again and thought the direction was a little better than the first viewing so we'll see what a second full watch does for me. I see that Wor-Gar keeps mentioning Mando vs. DT as a highlight so he's got me wondering if I was initially too harsh on it.

RR's episode partially pissed me off at first because of honorable team-up Fett but damn if that hasn't become the easiest one of season to revisit for me. Cosplayers in a state park? Yep. Stocky Fett? Yep. But so cool and fun to watch, lol.

Since today's episode was the finale I wondered if it was gonna be helmed by one of their big guns (Favreau, Waititi, RR again, maybe surprise us with someone new) so I kept trying to figure out who it was based on the directing style but I had absolutely nothing because I didn't detect any style at all. It just felt like "generic SW episode" aside from the absolutely amazing narrative beats that took it to a whole 'nother level. But I wonder if I was just expecting too much and will feel differently after full viewing.

Back