The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay watching it all the way through again the direction was fine. I think it was more the music being unusually lackluster at pivotal parts, particularly Luke's rampage.

Mando vs. DT was definitely an awesome fight. Mando vs. Gideon was quite good too.

I really liked seeing Slave I tailing the shuttle through hyperspace, that's a first in SW, at least in live-action.

I do think that if they could have somehow waited for Mando to unmask until this episode that his moment would have been even more powerful but Pedro's performance combined with the puppetry got the job done beautifully regardless.

I absolutely love the last scene with Fett and Fennec. What a moment to end on. :yess:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watch it be revealed in Gallery that Hamill directed his scene and he picked that music style.

So happy they went with Luke instead of Ahsoka.

I noted about 100 pages ago that I thought it could be Luke that Grogu was contacting, but was wondering if the show could go that far.

It did, and the only negative thing is that Star Wars the Extended Univerise of Disney and Kennedy .... might all be downhill after this. But at least we got 2 good seasons of a live action Star Wars.

Going to be hard to hit anywhere near this level again.

Watch it be revealed in Gallery that Hamill directed his scene and he picked that music style.

So happy they went with Luke instead of Ahsoka.

Especially after she said she couldn't train Grogu and directed them to Tython so the little guy could send out a Jedi SOS. "Hey, on second thought I guess I AM still a Jedi and I CAN train him." :lol

There are still plenty of reasons why I don't believe Disney will just eliminate the ST from canon.

They spent billions on the films and what the PT taught them if anything was that eventually what was hated in SW will be embraced in SW so just sit quietly on your investments and be patient. AOTC is almost at masterpiece level with the doomcockers give it time lol

Spent billions on the theme park but that will probably be updated to Mando Land now that the ST fizzled out and Baby Yoda caught on like a weekly California fire.

I'm not certain if Disney is just going to piss on carrie fishers legacy like that.

Or Harrison Ford for that matter who is still alive and still working with Disney on Indy.

Rey Daisy Ridley like or not still has a fan base she weathered the ST problems in a highly professional manner as did Oscar. Boyega is an idiot.

Hamill I think still partly hates the ST lol

I honestly don't think you guys are getting the retcon you are hoping for.

They will just stay quiet on it and let Acolyte do all the talking lol

Anyways Han Luke and Leia are in them ya'll crazy if you think i'm pulverizing them into oblivion.

Yeah... There will be no retcon...

These ST haters.. I just dont know what to say.. They are only getting a taste of what the OG SW fans had to deal with after the PT came out.

No new movies in site, no Disney plus, no live action TV shows to soften the blow. Live action SW was completed. There was not ST or other SW movies to look forward to. Hell we could not even hold out hope for a remake or retcon because that just wasn't done back then.

We were stuck with what we got.

But we were open to shows like TCW, Mando, references in other SW media to allow the PT a 2nd chance.

They are still poorly directed / written / acted movies but at least now that are accepted as canon.. Hell even the M-count made us accept one of the worst ideas in all of SW because it appears in a cool show.

IDK.. I saw and heard enough in Mando to make me believe that the events that happen 30 some years in the future are not being ignored.

Okay watching it all the way through again the direction was fine. I think it was more the music being unusually lackluster at pivotal parts, particularly Luke's rampage.

Better music would have helped. The previously posted video proved that.

Mando vs. DT was definitely an awesome fight. Mando vs. Gideon was quite good too.

I liked both of those.

I am surprised more people are not talking about the T-800 vibe those DT gave off.

I do think that if they could have somehow waited for Mando to unmask until this episode that his moment would have been even more powerful but Pedro's performance combined with the puppetry got the job done beautifully regardless.

Hmmmmm Been seeing a lot of people saying this.

Thing is.. I think the 2nd time he took off his helmet was the most important and most telling moment for that character.

That he took off his helmet in from of a guy like Burr who he could not 100% trust. That he at a moment when Grogu's life depended on it that he was willing to remove the helmet for the love of the child.

It needed to happen.

Yes doing it during the final scene was emotionally nice. But from a story standpoint it was needed more during the 2nd reveal.

That told me more about Mando then the final scene did.

How is nobody talking about the ST being retconned? Y?all think Disney gonna have Grogu slaughtered lmao :lol:lol:lol

Or just be completely ignored?

New ST is being planned as I type and it all starts with Mando, CGI Luke, and Grogu.

REJOICE THE TRASH ST SHALL SOON BE DEAD!

I'm like 99% sure before the end of Season 7 or whatever of The Mandalorian we'll see Luke again and he'll bring Grogu back to Din saying 'I can't train him' or something like that.

So did the female comms officer who always reported directly to Gideon just get blown away by the four ladies off screen when they stormed the bridge? For some reason I assumed we'd see something more from her since she's been in like three or four episodes now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you see her body on the ground face down. I expected her to get killed more "on screen" since like you said she's been in a couple episodes with lines.

Actually I wasn't joking, but upon further reflection it does seem likely that R2 was always meant to be part of that scene as he would have been in the X-Wing. But I think they may have expanded his screen time with Grogu to shift focus from the CGI. Or I'm just grasping at straws to support my original statement, similar to your clinging to any theory to keep the BF Badass ship afloat. :wave

R2 is talking to Grogu, I think there's an insinuation that he remembers him and helps Grogu decide to go with Luke.

I didn't understand in last week's episode why Mando didn't just immediately put the helmet back on the moment the face scan was complete. Sure I get why he took it off, but why did he *keep* it off? There was no reason that the officer and Mayfeld and everyone else had to see what he looked like and if he had just put it back on no one would have batted an eye because those troopers always walked around with their helmets on.

As for Luke, after watching the scene again I'm glad that they didn't have him do much more than just stand there while Din and even Grogu did the "emoting." Because as awesome as his inclusion was for the sake of the story his presence just didn't have the emotional punch as if it was actually Mark Hamill five years after ROTJ. This was no Han TROS moment, or TLJ Luke/R2, TLJ Luke/Yoda moment, TROS Luke lifting the X-Wing, RO Vader, or even on par with fat Boba's rampage in the RR episode.

You just can't achieve that with a CGI or stand-in actor. So I put his appearance on par with RO Tarkin and Leia. Cool moments of connective tissue between those stories and the OT but not the highlight of say RO Vader or those other examples. I mean now that we're used to the CGI face on a stand-in actress does anyone really get excited about seeing Leia in RO anymore now that the shock of her surprise presence has subsided? Not that I can tell, and I certainly don't. She's just a nice little bookend that ties RO more seamlessly to ANH and that's really the only purpose she serves.

But RO Vader? Hell yeah each and every time that moment comes we're watching footage of *new OT Vader* in action! It's beyond awesome! Mando Luke's appearance is great and most importantly completely proper within the context of the story but I think the real moments in that scene are all Din and Grogu. Luke is just a nice backdrop for the emotions of those two and adequate lip service for those who wanted to see younger Luke in action that yes, we was indeed a badass post-ROTJ and here's proof.

I think R2 may have been added to the scene to shift focus from Luke's CGI. If so it was a good call.

IMO agree with Polygon article - was just throwing more fan service in - although the CGI thing was part of it too.

If u have a scared kid, it'd be more natural to walk the child over. No reason in 2 seasons I can think of why Grogu would suddenly be reassured by a droid....oh, scratch that:cool:

This show IMO has missed a couple of opportunities to possibly introduce new remnant Jedi, tho IMO a bad idea to introduce a new character end of season.

I hope next season gets more back to the basics, but I don't think it will.

Season 1 new- Mando, Greef, Cara, the Child, IG-11, Kuiil, Moff Gideon + Mechanic, Mayfield, and Fennec

Season 2 new - Cobb Vanth + Frog Lady and Koska Reeves (kinda, since pretty sure she's the dark haired character next to Bo-katan in CW)

Everyone else is rehash. Was really hoping for a new remnant Jedi in this show - there were never THAT many main character Jedi on film.
Not to sound all negative. Except for the Ahsoka commercial (and even that had some cool scenes and spectacular visuals) excellent season. Rewatched last night and appreciate the details - like the *sensitivity* of changing the end music.

Bummed it's wound up for the season:crying. Nothing left to do but spend money on figs. Like my first Boba fig.:cool: Character wise IMO Din D'jarin is one of the most impressive introductions, since he's pretty much sacrificed everything for this Child. Gets plenty of shelf space:clap. Cara a breath of fresh air as well - Gina settled pretty well into the part this season.:clap

I am surprised more people are not talking about the T-800 vibe those DT gave off.

I mentioned it in one of my first reaction posts to this episode but don't think I've seen anyone else do so until you. I thought it was great that the CG animation even appeared "stop-motionish." :) The sounds of all the servos and gears moving when they walked almost sounded like they straight up stole some audio samples of T-800's from the original Terminator. I loved it. :D

Awesome episode, loved it. I'm left with a question now...

Does this mean Kylo Ren killed Grogu?

Sorry if it's been mentioned, I haven't had time to read the previous posts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I mentioned it in one of my first reactions posts to this episode but don't think I've seen anyone else do so until you. I thought it was great that the CG animation even appeared "stop-motionish." :) The sounds of all the servos and gears moving when they walked almost sounded like they straight up stole some audio samples of T-800's from the original Terminator. I loved it. :D

I actually thought of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots when the one was trying to knock Mando's block off, then again when they were punching the blast doors lol,,,

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.jpeg

Awesome episode, loved it. I'm left with a question now...

Does this mean Kylo Ren killed Grogu?

Sorry if it's been mentioned, I haven't had time to read the previous posts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Read SOMEPLACE that canon-wise Kylo didn't off everyone, either because they escaped or were elsewhere. Will post link if I can find it again. Tho there are already rumbles in the media that we might see an appearance of toddler Kylo - but who knows. I hope not.

Yeah... There will be no retcon...

These ST haters.. I just dont know what to say.. They are only getting a taste of what the OG SW fans had to deal with after the PT came out.

No new movies in site, no Disney plus, no live action TV shows to soften the blow. Live action SW was completed. There was not ST or other SW movies to look forward to. Hell we could not even hold out hope for a remake or retcon because that just wasn't done back then.

We were stuck with what we got.

But we were open to shows like TCW, Mando, references in other SW media to allow the PT a 2nd chance.

They are still poorly directed / written / acted movies but at least now that are accepted as canon.. Hell even the M-count made us accept one of the worst ideas in all of SW because it appears in a cool show.

IDK.. I saw and heard enough in Mando to make me believe that the events that happen 30 some years in the future are not being ignored.

Wow. Hadn't thought of it like that. Guess we're spoiled now with everything from reboots (Batman, Marvel) to TV versions.

I'm all for retconning out the ST, particularly now. I mean, after this, who really wants to believe that Luke will go on to catastrophic failure - with all his students - possibly even Grogu - massacred in a Game of Thrones Red Wedding scenario? And by Han and Leia's only child no less. That's a ****ing horror future. I reject it outright.

Trouble is they called those films Episodes 7, 8 and 9. It would be an astonishing admission of failure and humiliating to those involved in the making of those films.

This. The Mandalorian has exposed the ST as being the complete abomination it has always been. And **** the people who made them. They can go **** themselves. Time for them to own the horrendous films they made. Favreau has already made the folks behind the ST look like incompetent clowns. But I think a soft retcon is more likely than a much more desirable complete retraction.

Back