The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first few episodes I didn't really notice the music and when I did, I didn't think it fit.

Now I think it's perfect and can't imagine it being done with any other score.

I feel the same as you guys (Khev) there were a couple of annoying points in this episode which they really could have easily avoided.

One of the best bits I liked was the Scout Troopers trying to hit that can at the start. Both couldn't hit it....Hilarious !

It was great.

Notice the scout kept saying that baby yoda was silent in the pouch.

He was silent because he was meditating hence them missing their shots at close range over and over lol

How awesome was that.

I know right and I'm so excited that this show will segue right into Palpatine's return and formation of the FO. :D

:chase

lol

My take on removing the helmet -
Would have been more satisfying if the camera was panning, moving behind his head while the helmet is being removed, so only IG-88 could see the face, while we, 'living beings', still could not, thus sticking to 'The Creed'.

I fully agree except that if they were to keep the face hidden I could see the narrative being distracted by the focus constantly being on will they or won?t they reveal him.

It would become too distracting.

Khev: "Well one reason we can take *this* victory more seriou--"

a-dev: "I have spoken."

;)

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 and 7 were pretty interchangeable for me. I liked 8 a lot but dropped it just a bit mostly because of tactical choices made by Moff Gideon. He points an E-Webb at them yet still allows like 24 hours to surrender. In the middle of the battle he kind of walked around daring anyone to shoot him.

Don't think it was 24 hours seemed like mid day e.g. they had until nightfall. Assuming comparable to day on Earth. Luv him walking around it's that touch of crazy. Like killing your own people. Then he tried to burn out his quarry anyway.

Jeremy Bulloch should have removed his helmet in 1980 that would have saved us from so much AOTC nonsense, lol.

I hate AOTC lol

Disney is crazy for allowing the baby yoda momentum to die down with the 1 year wait.

They?re nuts I hope they come to their senses and release S2 by late spring early summer.

Nah, Herzog was blasted directly through the center of his mass. Unless Rey was around to Force heal him, he's never coming back.

[...]believe it or not, I may miss Werner Herzog the most. Something about him made him a compelling villain.

I think the only thing I didn't care for was the Moff's "weapon of choice" in the end. Always thought that was a bit cheesy in the animated shows.

Looking forward to season 2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Killing off characters the audience has invested in -- Herzog's villain, Nolte's Ugnaught -- is a power move. This is what gives a series emotional punch. This is never gonna go Game Of Thrones on us, but for what it is, I'm impressed.

As for your comment about Gideon's weapon...we have Filoni to thank for that. And I know I say this like every 3rd time his name comes up, but I think he made some very dodgy choices in The Clone Wars and I don't expect a lot of good from him on this series. I don't like his style and I don't like his narrative devices and choices. Never have.

But...I'm along for the whole ride on this show because of the elements I love, so whatever happens I'll see it through unless it *really* tanks.

The first few episodes I didn't really notice the music and when I did, I didn't think it fit.

Now I think it's perfect and can't imagine it being done with any other score.

I will honestly have to focus a little on the music during a re watch of season one. I?ve not noticed it one way or the other during initial viewing. That?s kind of interesting since I can?t imagine NOT hearing the music in a Star Wars movie...

Herzog deserved a better death than just getting surprise shot through a window. But I assumed it was just a few days of work for a guest appearance anyway even if it was spread over multiple episodes.

Anyone laughing as much as I was when the two stormtroopers kept punching baby Yoda? So wrong but hilarious. Waititi never fails at the humor.

I can see it as the inevitable result of the crew getting kicks throwing the rubber puppet around and just messing with it.

My take on removing the helmet -
Would have been more satisfying if the camera was panning, moving behind his head while the helmet is being removed, so only IG-88 could see the face, while we, 'living beings', still could not, thus sticking to 'The Creed'.

I fully agree except that if they were to keep the face hidden I could see the narrative being distracted by the focus constantly being on will they or won?t they reveal him.

It would become too distracting.

This, plus it's probably in Pedro Pascal's contract that he gets to show his face at least one time per season. Because actors and their vanity. lol

Given this is a toy/collectibles forum, I suppose the important thing is for HT to NOT include his head sculpt in the inevitable release of Mando (not ready to refer to him as Din Djarin just yet) in full beskar armor. We don't need its release delayed due to PP approving his likeness, especially when he's not the guy in the armor half the time.

Put me in the camp that was relieved to see his face reveal. It takes away a lot of the tension and speculation on just who or what is behind that mask, and I agree with whoever said that the tension of that would eventually overshadow the main story if it got dragged out any further.

If anyone forgets a cup of coffee in the shot, this time they can claim it was a set prop :)

dunkin-donuts-clipart-dozen-367511-4853489.jpg

Back