The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, speakin' for myself, am already learning more about SW than ever have. But off and on, I've tried before. Just so much material re EU etc. It's better for me being able to target specific cultures and arcs.

So one of my favourite parts of this show?

I?m sitting here texting with friends who are all casual, non-geek Star Wars fans about the latest episode.

The series has struck a chord with the general public; they?re invested in it and enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the way......baby Yoda is da sheeezit.

Only recommendation is never, ever remove the helmet ...... beyond that so invested in the story and characters I forgave some of the inconsistencies...... IG I?m looking at you for one...

Love it when show ends leaving the feeling of wanting more.....that is invested:)

Agreed, that was a disappointment though now that we know his initials are DJ I'm glad that they did show us Pedro and not Benicio Del Toro, lol.

Yeah, almost as disappointing as Vader?s reveal in RoTJ....... ok not really but keep to the creed .... never remove the helmet.:-0

Agreed, that was a disappointment though now that we know his initials are DJ I'm glad that they did show us Pedro and not Benicio Del Toro, lol.

Disagree 'coz I think at least some of the audience gets weary of the face-less-ness (some) and u keep wondering what if u need a drink of water etc. Also it - IMO a deliberate choice - sidesteps the silliness that fandom can get into.

Like when IW trailers were out and seemed like all of the hype was about Cap's beard, or not beard.

Just didn't think it would come so early; but cool. Plus can't express how happy I am to see some blood in this show:cool:. Doesn't have to be Kill Bill but com'on.

Just in:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/27/star-wars-series-the-mandalorian-season-2-coming-fall-2020-jon-favreau-says.html

PS. Some of the shots were so awesome like when the reflection of Mando's helmet - the dark visor glass fills with fire.

Did think a few more seconds re Kuiil would have been good tho.:monkey2

This is how you "subvert expectations" -- you meet the character face to face in his most vulnerable moment, when he's dependent on the thing he hates.

I could nitpick this episode but I won't. Because it's overall a strong story with heart and entertains. :lecture

No problem at all with Mando showing his face. Fit perfectly with the story too. Overall really enjoyed it. Loved that they actually killed off Ugnolte. My main gripe is that Moff Gideon so casually sent a flametrooper in there to cook baby Yoda since it’s what he’s so bent on retrieving.

No problem at all with Mando showing his face. Fit perfectly with the story too. Overall really enjoyed it. Loved that they actually killed off Ugnolte. My main gripe is that Moff Gideon so casually sent a flametrooper in there to cook baby Yoda since it?s what he?s so bent on retrieving.

Yep. Brutally killed off a popular character with a catchphrase. The show has stakes. :clap

Gideon seems to have a bit of a temper.

Although he bested them by plot necessity, I really enjoyed:

Spoiler Spoiler:

No problem at all with Mando showing his face. Fit perfectly with the story too. Overall really enjoyed it. Loved that they actually killed off Ugnolte. My main gripe is that Moff Gideon so casually sent a flametrooper in there to cook baby Yoda since it?s what he?s so bent on retrieving.

It's interesting - and given past and present movies can make some guesses why - capturing Baby alive would be good. Dead, just as good.

IMO Moff has just a touch of crazy white-spittle psycho which IMO makes him really interesting.:cool: Even Vader wasn't like that. Like, he was smiling in episode 7 re the kill order.

I thought Mando e.g. Din Djarin had the right kind of touching bonding moment re the necklace/baby at the end. Not overdone - just perfect.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sooooooo when Disney+ triples my subscription cost next year:nana: I'll just be handing the wallet over:cool:

Wish I had your heart for Star Wars, Khev. :duff

Yeah I'm in a good place and don't envy folks who feel they need to mentally discard the majority of SW films that's for sure. Now I get to sit back, pick up and the "Skywalker Saga" 4K Box Set and wait for whatever fun collectibles that get released. :)

But glad we can all more or less agree on something!

Yep I am indeed glad that for now Mando is providing that extra bit of "common ground" that the ST might be lacking. :duff

I could nitpick this episode but I won't. Because it's overall a strong story with heart and entertains. :lecture

I feel the same as you guys (Khev) there were a couple of annoying points in this episode which they really could have easily avoided.

One of the best bits I liked was the Scout Troopers trying to hit that can at the start. Both couldn't hit it....Hilarious !

Thinking something very similar about Star Wars. While not an overall fan of the ST, I did enjoy TRoS and felt them trying to auto correct. Absolutely love The Mandalorian so I'm feeling we are headed in the right direction. Clones Wars should be a no brainer and if so 3 for 3 in my book.

Mando 2.JPG

Epic season finale - just so many great moments. Watched at work, but can't wait to watch again later with my wife and son.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I imagine this is how all the toy companies feel whenever they add something to the Mandalorian's armor.

giphy.gif

Back