Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat. Starting to think on the Beskar version since there. HTs are pretty smart though, they'll probably stick the 1/6 Child with the Beskar to erase the doubts of many people

.....and then release a 3rd version with headsculpt and whatever armour changes come in Season 2.

You know they'll do it this way.

What seems to have escaped many, including HT, is that for Mando they actually created a new stormtrooper helmet that is closer to the original ANH helmets than the "new Disney OT" stormtrooper helmet that was created for Rogue One.

It's hard to say given the limited screencaps available so far, but it possibly appears to be a rework of the RO helmet (as opposed to simply using an OT replica helmet) where details like the the goggle shape have been sharpened/reworked, wider/prominent "teeth" and the jawline "vent slots" redone into a more OT look.

I noticed it in the trailer but I still haven't seen Mando in full resolution (just one youtube reviewer screens) so wasn't 100% sure.

HT is basically reissuing their RO stormie (which isn't even all that accurate to how the helmets look in RO anyway) which is incorrect for the stormies in the Mando room shootout scene.

To add to confusion, the RO style helmet DOES actually appear in Mando - but they are the "junk" background helmets (like on the pikes and buried in the sand) - which I assume was a deliberate "FU" to the revised Disney version. There's no other reason why they wouldn't have just simply made a half dozen more of the unique/new Mando style helmets. It obviously could be budget/time/availability, but we're probably only talking a few hundred bucks each.

Here is OT, new Mando style, RO and background "RO style" Mando helmets:

ui55oll.jpg

Hot Toys failed here. They should have included a separate stand-alone display with several helmets on spikes and a couple half buried in the ground. That really would have been cool and would have added to the figure's collectibility.

d_large.jpg

What seems to have escaped many, including HT, is that for Mando they actually created a new stormtrooper helmet that is closer to the original ANH helmets than the "new Disney OT" stormtrooper helmet that was created for Rogue One.[...]

Wow. Surprised I didn't spot that. Bummer, it's a good helmet.

You can go down that rabbit hole forever tho. What if you get season 2 and it drastically changes in 3? See what I mean. You can end up constantly denying yourself

True. But also, I wont buy a new figure every time he Beskar's another individual piece.

This will take some thought, its going to depend on what extras are included, the price point and just.... everything.

Meh I could careless about it not being ANH helmet. I?m just happy to be able to own one. I wanted the Jedha Patrol trooper but didn?t want to pay the current rates so this is a good compromise

Never understood why Disney couldn't just cast Stormtrooper armor from the original source. They must have a suit and helmet in the archives. And if not, it could be acquired, they have endless funds. If RS Props can do it, Disney surely can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Never understood why Disney couldn't just cast Stormtrooper armor from the original source. They must have a suit and helmet in the archives. And if not, it could be acquired, they have endless funds. If RS Props can do it, Disney surely can.

Everyone wants to put their own mark on something.

I think the intention with the RO helmet was to make the helmet more "real" for close-ups - like for example replacing the blue-stripes "vent" stickers on the jawline tubes with actual sculpted vents and making the helmets symmetrical. They look fine and aren't hugely different at a distance but I think the RO-style redo on the eye/goggles made the whole look less threatening and a bit more "cute."

As soon as I saw the helmets in the first Mando teaser I thought I must have seen wrong due to the low lighting. It's so cool that they returned the helmets back to the OT look - it shows a serious real eye for detail - and so funny that they trashed the "Disney OT helmets" on the pikes and in the sand.:lol

Everyone wants to put their own mark on something.

The Hollywood development term is "p*ss on it to make it your own.":lecture

Doesn't the guy who originally created the Stormtrooper helmet mold have some access agreement that allows him to make Stormtrooper helmets 'license' free or something? That why I figured they'd never use the ANH exact style again.

True. But also, I wont buy a new figure every time he Beskar's another individual piece.

This will take some thought, its going to depend on what extras are included, the price point and just.... everything.
To go almost full Beskar with baby, or full Beskar with the Pablo sculpt....then realize u need v1 too.

Happened to me with Cap so I'll just surrender now:lol

First of all for continuity reasons it should be the ugly ROTJ version and not the beautiful ANH one, so I think I prefer Disney take over the original. At the same time, I think that original molds are considered too asymmetrical for modern days filmmaking.

Original suits are garbage. Not suitable for modern film making. Also - TOYS. New design = new toy = new interest = money.

Back