Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This talk reminds me...must have been 2011 before I really knew the differences between buckets, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't see the difference even with side by side pictures. It's of zero interest to me if there are slight differences.

Weren't the troopers in the latest episode
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As they ought to be, since the Remnant wouldn't all have been veterans of armour-damaging combat. A lot of them might never have seen action at all.

In Heir to the Empire, which likewise takes place five years after Return of the Jedi, the troopers were depicted as they looked in the OT:

Star-Wars---Heir-to-the-Empire-(Marvel-Edition)-(2015)-(Digital)-(Kileko-Empire)-133.jpg

Star-Wars---Heir-to-the-Empire-(Marvel-Edition)-(2015)-(Digital)-(Kileko-Empire)-130.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, they were.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I still don't see the difference even with side by side pictures. It's of zero interest to me if there are slight differences.

The greatest difference is ROTJ stormtrooper buckets and armour due to mold degradation and tweaking/re-design of the armour's edges etc.

ESB, ANH and even R1 as seeon on screen had relatively minor differences the casual observer would miss.

There are only a couple of features on the Fett helmets that jump out at me (visor width and helmet flare).

I now see more Vader mask differences than ever before but still not on the level of some fans. So my obsessive attention to detail isn't evenly distributed or I'd probably never leave the house. :rotfl

The greatest difference is ROTJ stormtrooper buckets and armour due to mold degradation and tweaking/re-design of the armour's edges etc.

ESB, ANH and even R1 as seeon on screen had relatively minor differences the casual observer would miss.

There are only a couple of features on the Fett helmets that jump out at me (visor width and helmet flare).

I now see more Vader mask differences than ever before but still not on the level of some fans. So my obsessive attention to detail isn't evenly distributed or I'd probably never leave the house. :rotfl

The most noticeable difference I can see in the Stormtrooper helmets is the mouth. The black mouth is very apparent.

The change doesn't really make sense in-universe anyway. RO takes place the same week as ANH, yet the RO style helmet is never seen in the entire OT. So trying to make sense of it in-universe is impossible.

They explain the death troopers as an elite unit that was ended with Krennic, but the stormie helmets are really supposed to be a "you're not supposed to notice the differences" type thing.

It was intended to subtly make the details on the stormie helmet appear more real/practical up-close with higher resolution cameras - I don't think it was intended as a design change of the stormie helmet, even though they ended up looking (at least to me) quite distinct from the ANH style.

Not that I don't like the RO style, though I'm not a fan of the changes they made to the stormie armor design (to make stunts more easily achieved.)

Well, yeah. That's that then. Now I can't un-see it. At least no-one left a cigarette butt in the sand or like the notorious GOT Starbucks.

The change doesn't really make sense in-universe anyway. RO takes place the same week as ANH, yet the RO style helmet is never seen in the entire OT. So trying to make sense of it in-universe is impossible.)

Maybe there was a production change at the plant and the RO TK's were the original models were sent to was Scariff, while they sent the newer ones to the rest of the galaxy. And those didn't have as good QC because Sheev decided to cut the budget?:lol

The ROTJ version is probably the look I like the least - it kinda just looks like it was a mistake.

The ESB version - which is a cleaned up version of the ANH helmets with black instead of grey mouth - is my favorite. Even though stormies aren't all that present in ESB until the end.

The RO style has a cool variant look to it, like some special OT detachment. It's unfortunate that HT didn't capture it very well in all the RO figures, and now they are re-releasing it for this remnant trooper version.:gah:

Maybe there was a production change at the plant and the RO TK's were the original models were sent to was Scariff, while they sent the newer ones to the rest of the galaxy. And those didn't have as good QC because Sheev decided to cut the budget?:lol

:lol

The ROTJ version is probably the look I like the least - it kinda just looks like it was a mistake.

Agreed, but as a little kid I thought they looked badass. They seemed 'new' to me although I couldn't put my finger on why.

The RO style has a cool variant look to it, like some special OT detachment. It's unfortunate that HT didn't capture it very well in all the RO figures, and now they are re-releasing it for this remnant trooper version.:gah:

:lol

I concur that HT didn't nail it, but I still like it and IMO they got closer to screen accurate on the RO bucket than they did with any of the other OT stormtroopers.

Oddly enough, I'm getting the itch to get one of these "remnant" troopers... there's something cool about how banged up they look, and the differences in the design are sufficient to make it interesting.

Oddly enough, I'm getting the itch to get one of these "remnant" troopers... there's something cool about how banged up they look, and the differences in the design are sufficient to make it interesting.

Yeah if you look at the photos of them compared to the regular troopers, totally different white and really battle worn. Love the look

I don?t trust HT production weathering; it won?t be *bad* but there?s generally a marked drop-off from prototypes.

Even so, their paint apps keep improving so this could be a very nice piece.

Will likely pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I love their weathered and beat up appearance on the show, but not sure if the figure really captures that as well as I'd like. Plus I already have a Sandtrooper which is the more iconic version of that sort of look.

Me too. They don't give me a Sandtrooper vibe, either. Uniquely from the show, which is cool.

Yeah, these seem more inspired by the Solo Mimban troopers than anything else.

happy with my previous ROTJ shiny stormtroopers.

I would wait for Scout trooper/bike, Moff Gideon with new DTs instead.

Back