Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be taking more damage now. The Beskar seems almost impervious to damage. But that red thigh piece will still show wear and tear.
What is funny is that after the first episode, we were all anticipating him getting one new piece at a time. And he got almost it all renewed in Ep3, lol.

I?d have to find the pic but the thigh piece with his Beskar armor almost looks like it has some Beskar melted over it, but not enough to finish it. Perhaps that?s the reason for the inconsistent armor look?

I?d have to find the pic but the thigh piece with his Beskar armor almost looks like it has some Beskar melted over it, but not enough to finish it. Perhaps that?s the reason for the inconsistent armor look?

In the comparison pics that Andrew posted a few posts back, it looks to just be metal like the Mandalorian’s previous armour panels. But heavily damaged. Multiple pieces of damage cut through the outer layer and making huge gouges.
Of course that could still be Beskar. But perhaps a fine layer of Beskar over different metal. A cheaper alternative.
And not nearly as tough as a panel of solid Beskar. Just thinking out loud.

No idea what's up with Death Star Trooper. Just hoping for the Scout now.
I?m sure Scout will happen at some point. The Death Star Trooper I?m not sure about. I think the biggest hangup with it is probably the sculpt since it?s someone?s face visible rather than a helmet.

I?m sure Scout will happen at some point. The Death Star Trooper I?m not sure about. I think the biggest hangup with it is probably the sculpt since it?s someone?s face visible rather than a helmet.

Yea I think so too. HTs should just issue a kit with everything but the head and let collectors buy whatever heads they want. They can sell a lot more units that way.

Yeah you're probably right. Normally you would expect that to be the easiest of sculpts. But perhaps it gets into likeness issues ?? I wonder how that works actually ? Do they need to take a specific actor from a film ? Or can they simply sculpt anyone ??

In the comparison pics that Andrew posted a few posts back, it looks to just be metal like the Mandalorian’s previous armour panels. But heavily damaged. Multiple pieces of damage cut through the outer layer and making huge gouges.
Of course that could still be Beskar. But perhaps a fine layer of Beskar over different metal. A cheaper alternative.
And not nearly as tough as a panel of solid Beskar. Just thinking out loud.

Haha I love these nerd discussions! I found the pic I was referencing in my previous post, it's from Entertainment Weekly's Mandalorian article. There's a few spots that look like they melted Beskar over it. Almost like a cooled lava flow over concrete if that makes sense? I'm definitely curious about this thigh piece, down the geek rabbit hole we go! I cropped it so hopefully we can get a more close up view. huc-8738732982398320.jpg

Attachments

• huc-8738732982398320.jpg
    huc-8738732982398320.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 161
I kinda hope he doesn't replace that armor piece, just to keep him looking a bit flawed and imperfect like we first saw him. And it could also be an intentional thing for him to want to keep it as well.

Yeah you're probably right. Normally you would expect that to be the easiest of sculpts. But perhaps it gets into likeness issues ?? I wonder how that works actually ? Do they need to take a specific actor from a film ? Or can they simply sculpt anyone ??
The actors who played them are some no names so I’m sure it’s hard to track down them or their families to try and acquire likeness rights. Unless they just sculpted generic faces. I’m guessing that is some of the problem with releasing that particular figure. Best hope for it might be if a new show or movie set in the Original Trilogy era uses them and one of the actors signs off on letting their likeness be used for figures.

Really torn on this version of Beskar Mando, I bet his armor is going to evolve yet more in season 2 and not sure I want two Mandos so close together.

I remember thinking in episode 1 that the Empire had really fallen far, the armor on those Troopers looked so bad.

Really torn on this version of Beskar Mando, I bet his armor is going to evolve yet more in season 2 and not sure I want two Mandos so close together.

I remember thinking in episode 1 that the Empire had really fallen far, the armor on those Troopers looked so bad.

You can go down that rabbit hole forever tho. What if you get season 2 and it drastically changes in 3? See what I mean. You can end up constantly denying yourself

Kinda have the same thoughts towards the Beskar Mando to be honest. As much as I’m enjoying the show I’m not going to buy every armor variation. The first version is unique enough that I feel it’s a warranted version to own. Have to see how much the armor evolves through the seasons.

Kinda have the same thoughts towards the Beskar Mando to be honest. As much as I’m enjoying the show I’m not going to buy every armor variation. The first version is unique enough that I feel it’s a warranted version to own. Have to see how much the armor evolves through the seasons.

I'm in the same boat. Starting to think on the Beskar version since there. HTs are pretty smart though, they'll probably stick the 1/6 Child with the Beskar to erase the doubts of many people

I?ll have to rewatch episode 3 & 4. I could?ve sworn the right thigh piece while the same metal color had no brown in it but it as definitely damaged.

$205 on Sideshow. Was hoping to be less than $200 but apparently Mando hype tax.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-remnant-stormtrooper-hot-toys-905656

Last edited:
I kinda hope he doesn't replace that armor piece, just to keep him looking a bit flawed and imperfect like we first saw him. And it could also be an intentional thing for him to want to keep it as well.

Agree. I like to think he wasn't fully fitted out as some of the Beskar was "saved for the foundlings". Also this stuff is so valuable that getting your armor piece by piece is pretty typical. And I like the "imperfect" look.

Great scene with Cara she has great smirk:cool:. Hopefully HT will do her justice. Am in for all Mandos but gotta pass on Stormtrooper...too bad but can't have everything $$$$.:crying

$205 on Sideshow. Was hoping to be less than $200 but apparently Mando hype tax

Yeah, well, I'll put the $205 on a gift card for the next Mando. It'll be interesting to see what HT does with Child.

Gift cards has no expiry date, right? Can be used to build up cash instead of going payment plan route.

$205 isn’t too terrible. I was hoping more around the same price as the standard RotJ Trooper which was $189, but I’ll likely grab at least one of these for my collection. Troopers are always good to have and this one is slightly different in appearance where it’s unique enough.

Gift cards has no expiry date, right? Can be used to build up cash instead of going payment plan route.

Far as I know. Hafta check but what IS annoying - if I got this right - it's like, say u want to buy 2 gift cards and keep separate in ur account. Like if u wanna buy a $400 IM and a $500 dollar Alien, and want to put a separate $200 dollar gift card on each.

Except SSC seems to put all gift cards in same bin. Just stacks up amount. So u have to buy gift card, put total $200 on IM, PO the IM, buy another $200 gift card, and then PO the Alien. If I got the system right. The reason is - to lower each monthly payment on each fig.

Otherwise I think SSC just takes the total gift card amount and applies all to the current PO u are trying to make. So the only way to get around it is buy gift card, make PO, buy gift card, make PO. I don't think they let u just apply random amounts to each purchase.

If I got that right. Kind of a pain in the &^% but not too bad. I just do that sometimes to lower monthly payments. But sure, u can keep adding to a gift card stash. It's useful if there's ONE expensive fig u know u will buy or PO coming up - then when u checkout, u can apply ur stash. Then when the fig ships I only owe 10$ + shipping or something like that.

Also if u use Paypal, think Paypal charges all immediately. But never used that for SSC. It'd be kind of pre-paying.

Well, I realized it's just within US. So, it's not an option for me.

Back