The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent72 said:
Yeah, but the hardcover has 50 extra pages so I had to get that one. Plus, this is the type of book that will be much more impressive as a hardcover than a paperback IMHO.

Agreed. I'm all about the reference books, and hardcover ones at that.

Easy must-own for me.

Yeah, all my refrence books are hardcover as well. Adds a nice look to the book display part of my collection.

Brent72 said:
Yeah, but the hardcover has 50 extra pages so I had to get that one. Plus, this is the type of book that will be much more impressive as a hardcover than a paperback IMHO.

I like hardcovers, but the problem with me is that I end up thrashing the spines scanning pages, etc. Never fails to happen. So I got used to softcovers so that I don't feel guilty about it. hehe

IrishJedi said:
Agreed. I'm all about the reference books, and hardcover ones at that.

Easy must-own for me.

Same here. But I'll have to wait a while before picking it up. Have to watch the spending.

Plus, I still need to finish reading "The Winston Effect" (only up to the "Jurassic Park" chapter), and I still haven't touched "Sculpting a Galaxy"

Alot of these books lately, Dressing a Galaxy and Sculpting a Galaxy, haven't been scimping on source material. If your looking for great coffee table books that you and your guest's will constantly thumbing through, I suggest you pick them up. Books from Lucasfilm haven't been this good since the first "Chronicles". People who own that understand. BTW, if Definitive does well, you can look forward to other's based on Empire and Jedi. If you don't belive that there isn't a wealth of BTS to be milked check out www.starwarsarchives.com.

That site is awesome Adam, thanks for sharing!!

Between that and the reading the post Brent referenced, my heart is filled with happiness! To think that there is still so much stuff that remains unseen is incredible.

Last edited:
Just got this today from Amazon. I was surprised by the amount of text in it, I had thought it would be more of a picture book, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Just flipping through it there doesn't seem to be that many new pics, but I'm curious to read about it.

And after the Empire and Jedi books, they can put out all three books with added material about the special editions...:monkey3

Got mine today. Great book from just what I've gotten to read and it's huge as has been said. So glad I got this.

AmanaMatt said:
Did the book arrive in good shape for everyone from Amazon?
Although I wish it would've been sealed or wrapped, mine arrived in excellent condition, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Just received mine as a B-day present...

This will end up being the reference book...not just for the original film, but for new young film makers ( or any creatives) to read how convoluted the whole process can be to get a film with any kind of originality made...it was something 30 years ago, it must be even harder now with so many more people (mostly bean-counters) in the process...

It's a great read...

This book ranks right up there with Chronicles as the best SW book ever made! :cool:

Brent72 said:
This book ranks right up there with Chronicles as the best SW book ever made! :cool:

I'd rank it THE best Star Wars book ever written... second to none. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I just order this and the scuplting the galaxy had a good combo deal.

Back