The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
You guys are making it hard to resist this book.
Use some of that graduation money and get it. You got graduation money right.

mfoga said:
Use some of that graduation money and get it. You got graduation money right.

Sort of...

I got a graduation car. It was an early present last year. If I didn't graduate this year my parents were going to take it back, LOL. It's a little Hyundai and it's nicer than the Geo I had for 13 years:

0410_paris_01+2005_hyundai_tiburon+front_side_view.jpg

But I think I might just break down and celebrate by picking up a copy of this book. Sounds like it's worth it, and I'm a sucker for collectible hardcovers.

tomandshell said:
You guys are making it hard to resist this book.

Put it this way, It is the FIRST Star Wars book I bought two copies: One hardcover for my library and the soft cover to read over and over without worrying about cracking the spine. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

You NEED to get this book Tom. Among all the books you've talked about having you really need to get this.

I got my copy Saturday and it is fantastic... I have only read through the first couple chapters but I have skimed through it and looked at all the cool pictures.. its definatly worth it.. and its only $45 at amazon.

I trust you all--just ordered a copy for myself.

I tried to get tickets to see Conan O'Brien this week in San Francisco and failed. Turns out that if I had gone tomorrow I would have seen Will Arnett from Arrested Development, musical guest Chris Isaak, and GEORGE LUCAS.

I cried when I saw that.

Not really, but I came pretty close.

You'll like it and then some for sure. It's just dripping with information that is beyond cool.

I have the hard cover and the soft cover. The hard cover has a special deluxe section and an imprint of George's signature on the cover. This is a very facinating read. Worth every penny. I had a 15% off coupon from Barnes and Noble so it didn't hurt too badly.

tomandshell said:
I tried to get tickets to see Conan O'Brien this week in San Francisco and failed. Turns out that if I had gone tomorrow I would have seen Will Arnett from Arrested Development, musical guest Chris Isaak, and GEORGE LUCAS.

Conan was on Leno last week and he talked about a taped piece they did for the show that airs tomorrow night. Apparently Lucas let him take a camera crew into the Archives and film stuff for the show. He told a hillarious story about how he picked up the bullwhip from Raiders, started swinging it around and knocked over one of the models used in the filming of Star Wars. I can't wait to actually watch it tomorrow night. :D

The book has an error so far,

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=24624

In the new Making of Star Wars book by J. W. Rinzler, John Mollo is quoted as stating that Liz Moore sculpted the armor of the stormtrooper for Star Wars in 1976. This information was inaccurate at press time since Brian Muir was the one who sculpted the stormtrooper armor. Subsequent editions of the book will be corrected to state that fact.

I'm sure most of you won't care, since it's just going to sit pretty on the bookshelf. :lol

Back