The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The card suite tea set you guys are looking at is Re-ment #52 Fairy Tableware. The entire set looks like this:

Okay, fine, images refuse to work for me this morning. Here are the links instead.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/violet_peppermint/2228972293/

I also have this chess set in my Wonderland setup. I love it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/giginbigred/3529743426/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52885509@N06/5167872773/ <--- My Hatter and WIP White Queen ;)

This is fun, too. Re-Ment has a whole animated Alice line out: https://cgi.ebay.com/Re-ment-Miniat...799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51974c5f97

Maglor, on my Hatter's hands I'm using bendy hands. It isn't so much that he can get his fingers through the handle a lot better, but the wired hands help him hold onto to things better. He can hold the handle of the cup between his thumb and finger, if he... er, if I want him, too. :lol

Do the Re-Ment sets work with the Hatters stock hands? :pray:

If not, I'll probably just stick with the set I'm using.

Also, you said the Re-Ment stuff wasn't perfect in terms of scale. Are they too small or too big? The set I'm using is too big.

Medi RAH Mad Hatter for $59.99 + $5 shipping + tax = $70. Sale ends 12 PT @ Disney store on-line. It's the twice a year sale. Look for the instructions to get the 25% off and the 5 dollar shipping. Just saw this in my e-mails, sorry so late!

Last edited:
Do the Re-Ment sets work with the Hatters stock hands? :pray:

If not, I'll probably just stick with the set I'm using.

Also, you said the Re-Ment stuff wasn't perfect in terms of scale. Are they too small or too big? The set I'm using is too big.

I had trouble getting him to hold the rement cups with his stock hands. Re-ment is slightly too small scale-wire at least to me. With his stock hands, re-ment is on the small side, but with the new hands it looks more in line.

We're all praying for a snow day tomorrow (I work in a school district) so if we have one, I'll dig out his stock hands and take some shots of the various re-ment cups with his stock hands so you can get a better idea of scale.

Here's one shot I do have of him with his stock hands and a cup from the European set which is a larger cup than some of the cups in other sets:

hatter2.jpg

And this one is with the teapot from the Tea Time Fruit set with bendy hands:

hatter.jpg

(almost everything on the table is re-ment.)

I guess a better question is: can you get his (stock) finger in the handle of a Re-ment tea cup?

The way I have him now:

P1120432.jpg

I guess a better question is: can you get his (stock) finger in the handle of a Re-ment tea cup?

The way I have him now:

P1120432.jpg

No. They dangle on the tip of his finger. The way you've got yours in better- more secure. Nice pic btw. :D

Thanks. :)

That makes my decision much easier. I'll just stick with the ceramic set I'm using. :peace

The scale is not really that terribly noticeable in context. Plus I honestly like the set.

P1120426.jpg

Nice work! You plan to add "real" hair too?

And that's a custom sculpt?

Thanks for the kind comment.

Yes, it is a custom sculpture and will get more works on the hair later.

Is that the sculpt from Ada? Looks quite similar especially the way that the "short" hair is done. I don't think he knew that in the reference pic he used (from Chocolat), Depp's hair was in a ponytail.

But in regards to your custom, I think it's turning out great! Can't wait to see it finished!

Indeed Gipetto0812, as described in my earlier post (#194), this is a modified sculpture of Ada's Johnny HS.:wink1:

Oh ok, I had remembered the post, just not the poster

Also, when I said "I don't think he knew..." in my above post, i meant Ada, not you :1-1: I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding from that ;)

Oh ok, I had remembered the post, just not the poster

Also, when I said "I don't think he knew..." in my above post, i meant Ada, not you :1-1: I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding from that ;)

That's ok Gipetto0812:1-1: and thanks for the clarification.

BTW, Ada was a pretty girl coz I've seen her while collecting the HS from her last year.:love

evilalive- excellent start. I can't wait to see more. :D
Well, I finally managed to get my butt in gear and finish both Tarrant and Mirana. I still need to take pictures of Mirana, but here's Tarrant:

DetailsHatter.jpg

DetailsHatter2.jpg

Details: The original Medicom figure was stripped of its top hat and plastic hair. A new scalp was sculpted and angora mohair dyed bright orange was added. The Medicom head sculpt received a full repaint with the exception of the already accurate lime green eyes. The original lavender shirt was dyed pink and new lace at the cuffs. The collar was modified to stand up and the Velcro replaced with tiny, functional buttons (the cuffs also button). The original vest was given working pockets and new interior lining. Purple stitching along the diamonds was added and the dark green diamonds painted an accurate black. The original pants remain the same with the exception of a button snap being added to the closure and the painted on stitching embroidered in the screen accurate colors. Buttons inside the waistband were added for the suspenders which were made based on one reference photo from the Alice in Wonderland Blu-Ray bonus features. The original tie was dismantled and used to make a pattern for the new tie, which is hand dyed and painted. Tarrant's scissor holder is hand crafted and removable from the pants. The tiny scissors are also removable and one pair of gold scissors actually work. Tarrant's pocket watch is made from various jewelery findings, foil, and a tiny computer printed Victorian clock face (with roman numeral 4 written as IIII instead of IV) which is sealed in a gloss varnish. The watch fits nicely into the pockets of his vest.

The original coat was distressed using a various types of fabric paints and chiffon fabric. Frayed edging was dyed and added in appropriate places along the collar, seams, and cuffs. Buttons were sculpted and painted according to movie screen caps. The dragonfly pin on the right shoulder was made from charm findings while the bird was printed onto fabric and hand painted. Both pins are removable as they actually pin into the coat. A new handkerchief was made from textured fabric. Ribbons were added and some subtracted from the original ones and put on a pin. They are also removable. The chain from the original thread spool bandolier was used to create the new one. Twenty-two handmade thread spools make up the bandolier and have real thread wrapped around them. They are strung in order as accurately possible, though they are not entirely accurate due to lack of reference pictures.

The shoes were broken down to make pattern pieces and the soles were used to make the new, fabric shoes that simulate leather. The words and pictures of Tarrant's shoes were scratched into the fabric and enhanced with pastel chalk. The socks are the original ones with no alterations. Tarrant's original hands were replaced with bendable hands that were painted with acrylics and pastel chalks. His gloves were custom made as are his thimbles which are removable. His pin cushion ring was made from jewelery findings and can actually hold straight pins and needles.

The original hat's interior was smoothed out and widened and lined with a bright pink fabric with hand painted stars. The exterior was repainted and the gold “stitching” was painted on using gold paint and a needle. The hat is sealed with a satin varnish. Some of the original hat pins were retained while others were made. The peacock pin is handmade with real peacock feathers. The scarf is made out of haboti silk and hand dyed and painted with screen accurate flowers.

And Mirana joins him:

WhiteQueen.jpg

miranacomplete.jpg

cc.jpg

Mirana the White Queen from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is a scratch built custom figure. Mirana's base body and head Obitsu and her snow white hair is hand rooted. The base for her bodice was the bodice from a Disney Giselle's wedding dress that was restructured. The top of her gown is made from satin and organza with hand painted snowflakes. Her undergarments are handmade and include a full hoop skirt, two petticoats, white stockings, and knee high boots. The trim of her bodice, sleeves, and apron are hand frayed organza. 122 tiny swarovski crystals adorn her bodice and sleeves. The gown and necklace are completely removable and Mirana has retained all of her articulation.

Mirana's gown is a screen accurate as I could make it. Everything is hand sewn.

Last edited:
Woo:eek your customizing work is absolutely stunning.:bow. Especially the repaint works on Obitsu as Mirana:love.

Cheers for sharing and wish I could achieves half of what you've done with Hatter.

Back