The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice work LaSirenofEire!!! and WELCOME!!!

love the set up you have for your Hatter!

I hope to get a Collection of Johnny Depp figures going one day. I should already since he's my fav actor but alas, HT makes too many great figures it's hard to choose those or Depp figs :(

can't wait to seem more of your work though!

very nice work LaSirenofEire!!! and WELCOME!!!

love the set up you have for your Hatter!

I hope to get a Collection of Johnny Depp figures going one day. I should already since he's my fav actor but alas, HT makes too many great figures it's hard to choose those or Depp figs :(

can't wait to seem more of your work though!

Thank you so much I really appreciate it. :D Yeah, my Depp collection is slowing growing with Cap'n Jack 2.0 and Edward waiting to be started. Although it does look as though my Depp project will be temporarily derailed by TRON. After seeing the movie I can't stand not having a TRON/Alan Bradley figure. :rotfl

Haha tell me about it! This year was supposed to be all about Superman collectibles for me but then I saw TRON and well now I'm picking up so much TRON stuff :lol

Haha tell me about it! This year was supposed to be all about Superman collectibles for me but then I saw TRON and well now I'm picking up so much TRON stuff :lol

Heehee, I'm right there with you. I am offically out of room to display my overgrown collection thanks to TRON. :D

Battle outfit Hatter has offically been derailed. I'm now in the design stages of custom TRON and Alan Bradley 1/6 figures. :thud:

I have, thanks. :D Yeah, so far I'm disappointed. Not crazy about Sam being permanently attached to his light cycle or the Kevin Flynn head scuplt. So I doubt I'll get those. The characters I really want I haven't heard about- Quorra, Rinzler, free standing Sam. Medicom is even doing Daft Punk. Sheesh, I'd take a Castor at this point. Unless Alan/Tron takes a promient role in a future flick, I doubt they'll get any love. There is a TRON statue from the original movie out, but the HS looks like David Hasselhoff. :lol

Poor Hatter, he's still tie-less and looks rather sad about it. :slap

Yeah, I think it's pretty lame that Sam is stuck on the cycle. But the Kevin Flynn figure looks pretty cool to me. If I liked the movie more, I would totally buy him. When I saw the movie and Kevin shows up in the bar with his white robe and hood and kind of lands on one knee, I thought: "That's the figure I would want!" :rock

The BTW, I heard that there is a local doll shop that I need to check out for a 1/6 tea set. :)

I think I might go all out (and full gay) and get a porcelain set! :rock

I have, thanks. :D Yeah, so far I'm disappointed. Not crazy about Sam being permanently attached to his light cycle or the Kevin Flynn head scuplt. So I doubt I'll get those. The characters I really want I haven't heard about- Quorra, Rinzler, free standing Sam. Medicom is even doing Daft Punk. Sheesh, I'd take a Castor at this point. Unless Alan/Tron takes a promient role in a future flick, I doubt they'll get any love. There is a TRON statue from the original movie out, but the HS looks like David Hasselhoff. :lol

Well from I believe it was member OMG who typically gets the figures first it seems or rather posts pics first said that HT line-up for right now are the 2 they've shown, Poseable Sam Flynn, Clue on lightcycle and possibly Poseable Clu. They're just having difficulties with the light features on the poseable figures. I've been slowly bombarding their FB page for Quorra so maybe it might work :pray: if there's enough demand sometimes HT listenes

as for Kevin Flynn...have you seen this spic? Me thinks it looks a lot better here than in the release pics by HT
https://www2.moeyo.com/img/10/12/hottoys-10th/newrelease/newrelease_064.jpg

or these from Milk Magazine?
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/10121610551eee844744f8c2bf1.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/10121610551eef5b4c2f3d6e702.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/1012161055659c66981c2390883.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/101216105540ba3b2cca4a4b3c4.jpg

Poor Hatter, he's still tie-less and looks rather sad about it. :slap
are you making your own tie for it?

Well from I believe it was member OMG who typically gets the figures first it seems or rather posts pics first said that HT line-up for right now are the 2 they've shown, Poseable Sam Flynn, Clue on lightcycle and possibly Poseable Clu. They're just having difficulties with the light features on the poseable figures. I've been slowly bombarding their FB page for Quorra so maybe it might work :pray: if there's enough demand sometimes HT listenes

as for Kevin Flynn...have you seen this spic? Me thinks it looks a lot better here than in the release pics by HT
https://www2.moeyo.com/img/10/12/hottoys-10th/newrelease/newrelease_064.jpg

or these from Milk Magazine?
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/10121610551eee844744f8c2bf1.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/10121610551eef5b4c2f3d6e702.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/1012161055659c66981c2390883.jpg
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Centrocal/101216105540ba3b2cca4a4b3c4.jpg

are you making your own tie for it?

You're right, Flynn does look much better in those photos. The beard could be painted better- color is off- but that'll give us customizers something to do. :lol Flynn isn't my favorite character which is part of the reason why I'm not terribly interested in pre-ordering him at least. The figures I really want will most likely never happen- Tron from TRON: Evolution or retro Tron and Alan Bradley (no pesky lights required there heehee). I'd definately go for Quorra, though. And Rinzler- why is there no talk of Rinzler? Most of the boards I use as reference for my customs are all chattering about wanting Rinzler and Clu 1/6 figures.

And, yeah, I am doing my own tie. Medicom's has the wrong pattern and fabric paint makes it way too stiff. Just a little painting left and then putting it together. :D

Maglor, I totally wanna see this tea set. :clap

Too bad Medicom did not consider making Alice, you know, the main character, because I would have considered buying this figure otherwise. I guess their obsession with Johnny Depp was the o0nly thing on the agenda.

Medicom does like them some Johnny Depp. In terms of Kubricks alone, they've done Edward Scissorhands, 2 versions of Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Willy Wonka, and 2 versions of the Mad Hatter. Probably others I'm forgetting, too.

Too bad Medicom did not consider making Alice, you know, the main character, because I would have considered buying this figure otherwise. I guess their obsession with Johnny Depp was the o0nly thing on the agenda.

I watched the movie again the other day, and was reminded how awesome a final battle Alice would have been. :(

Medicom does like them some Johnny Depp. In terms of Kubricks alone, they've done Edward Scissorhands, 2 versions of Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Willy Wonka, and 2 versions of the Mad Hatter. Probably others I'm forgetting, too.

No complaints about Mr. Todd. One of my main hobby projects this year is to complete a Mrs. Lovett, using a head I cut off a GG Belatrix LeStrange bust.

I watched the movie again the other day, and was reminded how awesome a final battle Alice would have been. :(

Blue dress, battle and traveller (end scene) would all be great. Tonner has done the first and last, but I prefer more realistic dolls.

I think Disney is as much to blame, if not more so. They were marketing Depp as the main star of AiW so loooong before the movie's release that it seemed the film would be about the Mad Hatter not Alice. Vast majority of the merchandise featured the Hatter and not Alice- it isn't just Medicom. I think the Depp emphasis was due to the success of PotC which Depp carried and I think they wanted to ride that success by pushing the Hatter and not Alice. I also think the whole marketing scheme for AiW was bizarre- the majority of AiW merchadise is in the Disney Couture line of primarily overpriced shirts, bags, and jewlery, similiar products in a cheaper line via Hot Topic, and all of the merchadise used the same very few promo pics over and over and over. Not a single piece that I'm aware ever featured the Knave of Hearts, not even in group images. I, for one, would have loved to have a Knave figure. There was no marketing to kids at all as far as I've seen, which is a category where you would expect Alice to be popular for the girls. If you compare AiW marketing to PotC and Tron you can see the difference: loads of toys, games, clothing, etc. for kids along with the collectibles for adults. None of that for AiW- they were gunning for the Hot Topic crowd and seemed to forget about everyone else. :slap

Overall I like the characters and not the movie. The exception being Alice, too scowly and flat for my tastes. IMHO AiW was one of Burton's worst films storywise. AiW's plot holes are so big, entire movies could fall through them. :gah:

I don't think Disney is to blame. I just can't wrap my head around Medicom making a non Johnny character from a Burton film. No matter how much spotlight Alice got. I was shocked just to see that second Hatter they are doing, very excited for him and Ichabod Crane.

I'd kill for a Mrs. Lovett or Alice but it's just not Medicom's nature.

Medicom is certainly in love with Depp for whatever reason.

Still, only Tonner put out an Alice. Even Mattel scrapped the production of their Alice doll that was supposed to come out along with their Hatter. If Disney isn't somehow involved, I think it's odd that all these companies with licensing rights decided to all focus on Depp and essentially ignore the title character. But who knows. :dunno

I think you're right about the marketing focusing mostly on Depp, though I have no problem with it, besides the fact that I too would've liked an Alice from Medicom. Why I first heard that AiW was coming out again, all the fuss was about how different and odd Depp looked as the Hatter. And even the commercials/previews/trailers always had the line "then you must be Mad as a Hatter" or something similar, so this movie very much seemed to be more focused on Depp as the Mad Hatter. Even the DVD/Bluray cover has Depp on the front dead center with Alice off to the side.

I was very surprised not to see an 3-3/4" or a few 6" kids toys come out. Even Willy Wonka had some kids toys.

And I didn't even know Mattel was going to release an Alice like their Hatter!? that would've been great! Their Hatter was pretty good for I think the $20 or $30 I've seen it for. I've constantly contimplated getting it over the medi b/c the hair on it looks splendid but the jacket isn't the right color

No complaints about Mr. Todd. One of my main hobby projects this year is to complete a Mrs. Lovett, using a head I cut off a GG Belatrix LeStrange bust.

I really want to see this. Please be sure and post it here when you are done. I just got a Sweeney Todd off Ebay and the he really needs his partner.

Back