The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is currently in his more "classic" outfit, I guess you would call it. But I like both that one and the battle outfit.

I can't imagine that HT will ever pick up the Wonka or AiW license as both have faded from public memory rather quickly. Wonka has been out too long and there were a number of AiW merchadise, including figures that were announced but never saw the light of day. In spite of all the hype, AiW fizzled out, thanks in part to Disney's odd marketing strategy. If Depp hadn't been the Hatter, I doubt we would have seen any figures at all.

HT ought to regain the Edward Scissorhands license and fix that atrocious head sculpt on their original.

Well HT has a Depp movie license now and not just a specific movie of his license (from what I gathered) so the possibility of these figures isn't completely impossible. We still have Ichabod Crane coming and that movie is older than AiW and WW and Sweeney Todd.

Sweeney Todd's figure got released at the end of last summer and that movie came out in 2007 :dunno

HT doesn't really have any logic to what they release or when it's released when it's not a big name movie (marvel or Batman).

Last edited:
Tell it sister! :lecture

Now that I have Jack Nicholson as the Joker, that's my number one grail figure. :pray:

Eddie was one figure they should've shelved until they could get the rights to Depp's likeness... or whatever happened. Maybe one day. I hope!

I think movies like Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands have more of a cult following and are more likely to be moneymakers. Then there's captain Jack whose in a league of his own. :lol

Maybe the Hatter could get picked up by HT, I guess it depends on whether they think it would be profitable enough to get the license as I imagine Disney doesn't come cheap. I still don't see Wonka being a priority if ever. But who knows :dunno

Unfortunately, I think we'll end up with a 101 variations of Jack Sparrow before we see anything else.:slap

c.jpg

f.jpg

d.jpg

Nice shots. :)

I actually had someone in my collection room the other day that said this was their favorite of the lot. :D

Back