The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LaSiren, that is AMAZING work!!! I'm completely blown away by what you've done. Now, that's the type of Hatter that I'd want!

New Hatter?
I haven't seen this before, is it new?

screen-capture-1-2.png

@LaSiren: those are AMAZING! EXCELLENT job on both!

@Rorywan: it is the newest Hatter, but it was announced quite some time ago. It's available and in-stock at most places now as far as I know

Woo:eek your customizing work is absolutely stunning.:bow. Especially the repaint works on Obitsu as Mirana:love.

Cheers for sharing and wish I could achieves half of what you've done with Hatter.

@Siren- You just blew my mind.

LaSiren, that is AMAZING work!!! I'm completely blown away by what you've done. Now, that's the type of Hatter that I'd want!

@LaSiren: those are AMAZING! EXCELLENT job on both!

@Rorywan: it is the newest Hatter, but it was announced quite some time ago. It's available and in-stock at most places now as far as I know

Ah, thanks, guys- I'm so glad you like them. I appreciate the feedback. It made my day. Gives me confidence to work on my current customs. :D

I like the new Battle Hatter- especially the claymore and removable hat. Anyone planning on getting him? I'm not, but that's because I plan on making my current figure a screen accurate battle outfit. :rolleyes2

Back to work on my TRON figures I suppose. :D After TRON, I've got a 60s Robin and animated series Ivy planned. So I probably won't start Battle Hatter until late summer-fall.

Amazing work Siren.
I have to complain to you all though, reading this thread and lookng at all the pics, has made me order the two Hatters.
My wife is going to kill me soon if any more "brown boxes" arrive from the post man.

Amazing work Siren.
I have to complain to you all though, reading this thread and lookng at all the pics, has made me order the two Hatters.
My wife is going to kill me soon if any more "brown boxes" arrive from the post man.

Thank you!

Best of luck with your wife! :lol

yeah, I picked up the battle version a while back. It's great, much better IMO than the first release, the sword looks excellent with him for display.

Guess I may just pick one of these up. I thought Hot Toys would start picking up more Johnny Depp licenses, but we haven't heard much since a Sleepy Hallow sign.

Which Mad Hatter outfit do you guys prefer? I'm having a hard time deciding since I thought he wore a different outfit for the majority of the film.

I've thought of it a lot as well to just get the Medi version of this and Willy Wonka but I feel like as soon as I do, HT will announce it.

I think right now there's just no room for any other character b/c of avengers, and soon TDKR. I definitely think we'll see all the Depp figures made by medi be made by HT it's just going to take a long while. medi made these figure when the movies were released so I would say they were hard pressed to get them out around the time of the movies opening. HT on the other hand are just making Depp figures with no movie date they're trying to release by or around so they're taking their sweet dear ol time. I thought we'd see a dark shadows figure teased or something but nope. I hope they decided to stop Depp only figures since Sweeney is still available at many places.

But to answer your question, the one in the brown Jacket is the main costume, but comes with no accessories save a handkerchief and the hat can't be removed. The blue jacket version is the final battle costume, comes with a sword and removable hat.

I feel like the Blue Jacket version has a better likeness and is better bang for your buck if you're paying the same price for both; however if you're paying significantly less for say the brown jacket version, I'd go for that one.

I don't want my Hatter holding a sword. I like the more iconic Hatter for the shelf.

I guess it depends on the kind of Mad hatter your displaying. Like you said you're displaying the Iconic Mad hatter, which to me sounds like you're displaying Mad Hatter not Tim Burton's/Depp's Mad Hatter, if that makes any sense???

Like how some ppl look for that 1 batman to be THE batman in their collection for example.

Not that it's a bad thing by any means and I hope it doesn't sound that way, that's just what it sounds like from what I read :)

I'd be displaying it b/c it's Depp first then Hatter second, so him holding a sword or not doesn't bother me.

You got it about right. :)

The Medi figure is barely Depp. Really hope Hot Toys gets on the ball with more Depp figures. :pray:

Back