The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture006.jpg

What no Medi-Wonka? :horror:horror:horror

I have the Sweeney... love the figure. Would like to get the head re-painted someday though. :eek:

They are both green but the left eye has a small hint of red around the pupil and the right doesn't. I thought maybe mine was a defect but the pictures from ABC Express have it too.

Not sure if its like that in the film but seems intentional on the figure.

Much more subtle in person in any case.

What no Medi-Wonka?

Yeah, I definitely need to get around to buying him. Too bad we'll probably never see a Depp as Ed Wood, would be nice to have all of Burton-Depp characters.

Yeah, I definitely need to get around to buying him. Too bad we'll probably never see a Depp as Ed Wood, would be nice to have all of Burton-Depp characters.

That Medi-Wonka goes for CRAZY money now. I would get the Gentle Giant Wonka but it's soooo... meh. Maybe that is why it is now selling for less than half the retail price now.

I'm personally I REALLY want the Medicom's Ichabod Crane figure but I have a feeling that it is cancelled. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

As for the Medi-Mad Hatter, I think that that umbrella of sculpted red hair hurts the figure. The Barbie Mad Hatter makes a great case for real hair for this particular character. :D

I wish he came with a tea cup or something to hold but other than that I'm pretty happy with the purchase especially since I found him for a more reasonable price than the norm.

Has this already been suggested, Medicom Aibou: Ukyo Sugishta

FIG-IPN-0784_06.jpg

FIG-IPN-0784_08.jpg

Too bad Medi figures rarely get parted out, you'd have to buy the whole figure.

I bought this one, but am hoping that Hot Toys eventually gets the license. I want the battle Hatter as seen below...
alice-book-211-web.jpg

The images of the battle Mad Hatter don't look too bad...I'll probably wait for in-hand pics before deciding to get that or not.

Where did those images come from? This is the first I heard of it. Still medicom? Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

It's still medicom, I've seen some on ebay. Release date late December.

Awesome thanks. At least that gives me time to save. Hopefully this means Medicom will take also shot at some of the other characters. I'd love to see the Knave, Alice, the Cards and Chess Pieces, and the queens

Remember the time when HT and Medicom were on par with one another?

Medi's really let itself go.
I have to agree with this. The Mad Hatter RAH doesn't do anything for me. :( Shame 'cause I like the character (not so much Tim Burton's version of him but still..).

Finally got around to taking pics...
4874510287_5629668400_b.jpg

This figure is very nicely done, lots of attention were paid to the details of the character.
4874510445_64a20aa6a8_b.jpg

The sleeves, nail colour, bandages. Hands are painted as well.
4875119892_05e5f6ce83_b.jpg

The stuffs on the hat
4874512165_620ac3313d_b.jpg

The threads while not removable are very nicely done and place on a real chain. Very intricate details on the metal bird as well.
4874512351_ed14b54289_b.jpg

Shoes are marked like in the movie, with matching socks (not too sure bout the color though)
4874512971_8803f13d46_b.jpg

There's some flower embroidery on the hat scarf/towel

The coat is very nicely done, even though it looks quite thick, articulation is hardly restricted.My poses are quite unimaginative cos he's such an oddball character and I dont really know what poses would suit his character.
4874513143_6152bfe923_o.jpg

4874514031_434592ca1f_b.jpg

4875122508_f1d455b855_b.jpg

4875122720_28ff81c977_b.jpg

Back