The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4875123166_863692d3a1_b.jpg

4874514973_92796d189f_b.jpg

4875123492_c90069731c_o.jpg

I got this for half the price, so it was definitely worth it for me. Likeness is decent, but could be better. The tailoring of the costume and the attention paid to all the little details is very impressive.If you are a Tim Burton or Johnny Depp fan or just the Mad Hatter character itself, its worth hunting down one, especially if its half price =P

Just bought one of these from Play.com in the UK, should have it in a day or two...

Anyone had a look at the body underneath the clothing?

Does it have the revised shoulder joints like on Kenada? Or is it using the old RAH 301 body?

I'm hoping for the new one as I swore I wouldn't buy any more Medis 'cos of all the busted shoulders! But I really like this character, so I caved in.

Hope he doesn't disintigrate like most of my Stormies and Marvel Medicom figures!!!

Great pics kazukijun! Good posing to. :)

If I found one half price I might just buy it!

Reasons why a crazy Mad Hatter fan would not spend a dime on this figure:
-Johnny Depp played him stupid in a stupid Tim Burton remake
-He looks like a victim of some rare disease caused by the food coloring in lollypops
-This interpretation of the Hatter was bizarrely proportioned. How the Hatter is supposed to look:
MadHatter2.png

Note: Big head, little body. You know, like the Red Queen in the movie? Easily could have been done, but heavens to betsy we can't do that to a JOHNNY DEPP character!
-THE DANCE. THE STUPID. FREAKING. DANCE.

kazukijun those are some beautiful shots. The best Ive seen of the figure. Do you have any full body shots that you could post from that photo shoot?

Lalla just posted this on his blog. It's Kojun's head that he painted.
Neck is a little long but look brilliant with the real hair.

ubchongik_20100808192201_13060513_8.jpg

I was on the fence with this figure for a while but if gohastings hits another sale I think im going to pick him up. Im getting better at painting and I want to give this head a shot. May replace the body too, or just modify it. Im sure Lalla is using a true type on this guy. Looks like it fills the costume out better.

exactly. gohastings had a great deal on the sweeney figure but i already have it. i hope xenoviper does a hatter sculpt. im trying to get him to do it. then i will have no choice but to get this mad hatter and the new one coming out with kilt :)

Great pics kazukijun! Good posing to. :)

If I found one half price I might just buy it!

thank you!
yep, definitely worth it at half price and he's not half bad either.

kazukijun those are some beautiful shots. The best Ive seen of the figure. Do you have any full body shots that you could post from that photo shoot?

Thks! unfortunately I didnt take any full body shots.

I was on the fence with this figure for a while but if gohastings hits another sale I think im going to pick him up. Im getting better at painting and I want to give this head a shot. May replace the body too, or just modify it. Im sure Lalla is using a true type on this guy. Looks like it fills the costume out better.

Lalla used a volks neo guy body and his head is a Kojun custom.

I didn't have any overwhelming preconceptions about it one way or the other when I saw it.... I was about 15 minutes into it and my wife decided to stop watching and said it was horrible. :huh I honestly liked it.

Lalla just posted this on his blog. It's Kojun's head that he painted.
Neck is a little long but look brilliant with the real hair.

ubchongik_20100808192201_13060513_8.jpg

Man, that is just spectacular! :google

I think I'm the only one who liked this film.... :huh

Nope. I liked it too. :1-1:

I got flamed for liking it, as we are in the minority. It's no epic, but worth owning on Blu imo.

-THE DANCE. THE STUPID. FREAKING. DANCE.

Okay, I'll give you that. 100%.

The dance at the end totally takes the viewer out of the movie. And the music for that part to. :monkey4

The only other thing about the movie I didn't like was that the special effects were a bit dodgy in parts. Especially Crispin Glovers character and his horse.

I thought it was fine. Its definitely not his best work but it was ok. The CGI was a little too much for me. One thing I always like about Burton was his use of models and sets and this was almost all CGI. Looses that "special" quality for me.

I like the movie too, so u guys are definitely not alone.
Sure it wasn't Tim Burton's or Johnny Depp's best collaboration but the movie was decent enough for me.

I do agree that the dance was totally off.

Back