The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone actually surprised by the price? Medicom is always overpriced... just their way.

Have to say though, this is a damned ugly figure. Zero interest, even if it was affordable and taller.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...900574&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

900574_press01-001.jpg

900574_press02-001.jpg

900574_press03-001.jpg

Prototype looks pretty good...

The Medicom thrust isn't working on this one. Great work on the outfit. I guess that's justification on the price. Alter has it for $180.

My thoughts too. $100 would be a fair price as the costume is pretty elaborate. But $200 is just laugh-out-load funny. I'd love to see Hot Toys do this better, quicker, and cheaper than Medicom though.

Hot toys is a HK company, while Medicom is a Japanese company. The Japanese have higher paycheck, thats why their figs are more expensive:rolleyes:

I like the figures look but it is way too over priced. I was really hoping that Hot Toys would pick this line up. I know the colors are probably close to what the real costume looks like but I wish manufacturers would make them look more like the films. After post production the costumes are often vastly different then how they were originally made. Take the cut and style of the original and then use the film for color reference.

It looks like the did a good job overall on the figure... but honestly I really don't dig this concept for the Mad Hatter. May feel different after seeing the movie, but this doesn't do much for me.

One nit on the figure though, looks like the pink make-up is applied to strongly... not as subtle as the images from the film.

It looks like the did a good job overall on the figure... but honestly I really don't dig this concept for the Mad Hatter. May feel different after seeing the movie, but this doesn't do much for me.

One nit on the figure though, looks like the pink make-up is applied to strongly... not as subtle as the images from the film.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the concept either. However, if seen in the context of the film, it might be cool.

Speaking of Medicom and their love of all that is Depp, does anyone know when the Sleepy Hollow figure is going to be released?

Last edited:
Now an Ichabod Crane I would buy for sure!

I'm iffy on the Alice movie, and I think the design of the character looks...well, stupid, honestly.

Now an Ichabod Crane I would buy for sure!

I'm iffy on the Alice movie, and I think the design of the character looks...well, stupid, honestly.

Sadly Crane doesn't look much like Depp... not sure if they didn't have likeness rights or what.

I'd love a headless horseman from the movie though, but seems Medicom was only interested in releasing Depp figures.

Hell, I didn't even know one was being made. That's news to me.

It doesn't look too bad, but with the likeness, I'm not sure it's worth the price.

Sadly Crane doesn't look much like Depp... not sure if they didn't have likeness rights or what.

Hopefully the reason why we haven't heard anything about the Ichabod figure is that Medicom is tweaking it a bit.

I said hopefully.

That Ichabod prototype is quite nice... If they release the figure will heaps and heaps of those steampunk instruments I'd definitely grab it!

This is up at BBTS for 170 + shipping for any interested. Actually hope other charcters are made, like the White Queen.

Is it just me or does he look like burton's wife (helena bonham carter)

madHatter.jpg

Helena02.jpg

the cheekbones, the eyes, resemblance is uncanny!

We already knew Burton loves Johnny, we just didn't know how much.

Now we do!

I hope this movie is as good as the team doing it, cause I hate that friggin' Hatter design.

Back