The Mad Hatter RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not Johnny Depp.Great costume though.Medicom didnt adjust well to the times IMO.

$200!

OMG
floor-laughing-smiley.gif

Why is Medicom so expensive!! i really dont get it!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4
I would think because Medicom make a more diverse range of toys, and I would think, therefore, have more staff. They may have a different accounting proceedure, therefore allocating and distributing their dollars differently. It may be that there biggest market is Japan, and that their incomes may be larger, so they think they can extract more money from their customer base. It may be that because they still sell out they want to push the limits, perhaps by blaming the economic downturn, so to maintain their profit margin they've jacked up the price. It may be that the cost of industrial espionage, going on in and between the factories, is being passed onto the consumer. Maybe it has to do with the price of fish in China. Could it be the butterfly fish effect?

This will be sitting inside Sideshow's warehouse for a long time.
Sideshow are still having trouble getting rid of Medicom's Indy figures. Not one has sold out yet.
It all comes down to price.

My thoughts too. $100 would be a fair price as the costume is pretty elaborate. But $200 is just laugh-out-load funny. I'd love to see Hot Toys do this better, quicker, and cheaper than Medicom though.

:lecture

Medicom has had some nice choices, but the quality and value has rarely been there for me. This is just the latest and most extreme example.

This is a pass for me - I'm not even sure at this point if I'll enjoy the movie.

The price point helps kill it, too. For $200, I have to be pretty fanatical about the character.

Back