The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could ask if the Maquette strictly Merry and Pippin are in production, are several collectors who crave this piece.

Masterside Thanks for the trouble you are taking.

So, who's 1/6th scale polystone statues are people going to get for LOTR, Sideshow or Weta?

Sideshow have the Hobbit license as well, so since two companies can independently share the same license, does this mean SS can/will be releasing 1/6th scale polystone Hobbit "maquettes"?

I don't think SS will (or can) make Hobbit statues.. They will probably just throw in 1 or 2 more Lotr maquettes and be done with it.

I find it interesting that the clarification from Jeff Dean basically says 'the license is not dead'! This means absolutely NOTHING in terms of Sideshow's production or plans.

The license and terms are negotiated UP FRONT...so unless the license is EXPIRED, they can continue to produce products. If I am to do a little reading between the lines here, this clarification that he meant license and not line basically leads me two logical conclusions:

1) The Sideshow licenses for Maquettes and PFs for LOTR are still valid and not expired.
2) The LINES for maquettes and PFs are likely dead pending internal review at Sideshow.

Jeff's words: "While it is true that we did not have any new LOTR items showing at Comic Con this year; it does not mean the LICENSE is dead." I substituted the word LICENSE for LINE in his original statement.

If you substitute his words based on his clarification it reads that yes they still have a license...but the lines for maquettes and PFs...that's still a MYSTERY? DEAD?

Have you read my question for Jeff? I think not.

If I understand correctly, you still have the license to operate the Polystone Statues (or Maquette) and also Premium Format Figure? I have understand correctly?

Jeff said : "That is correct"

It's clear for you now?

"That is correct" you see that?

Master we appreciate you asking. Just understand people are trying to work their heads around things. Not doubt you. :)

So if the line(s) are not dead, why the delay in releasing anything, or even just giving us a tease of what is to come? Is this part of some grand marketing scheme designed to turn our heads and wallets to the great stuff being put out by Weta? :lol

Seriously, their handling of this has been quite odd, to put it mildly. What's the hold-up????

You'd think they had never heard of the internet or this website. I just don't get why they wouldn't come into a forum like this and be very clear about what is going on. The silence does suggest some legal behind the scenes is relevant.

The silence does suggest some legal behind the scenes is relevant.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that! There has obviously got to be some legal mumbo jumbo going on that is preventing them from commenting. Perhaps they are in negotations to finish out and close the license and working the legalities of transition to Weta???

Is it possible that the maquette and PF license were a SINGLE legal agreement and now they are trying to SEPARATE them??

You are english, right? :monkey3

About this sentence you must relate this to the sentence that I quoted in my previous mail: "Does not it mean the line is dead."

This extract is taken from the first mail of jeff.

I asked for clarification, he was wrong on a term (line), he meant that the license was not dead.

WHOA there fellah! I only asked what he meant by 'not dead and not line' as that part, understandably i think, didn't make sense. I was only looking for clarification, no need to ask if i'm English. And what if i wasn't? Do you work for Sideshow? If so i'd be slightly worried at how you talk to people.

And no i'm not doubting you, i'm just doubting what Sideshows intentions are. As i say, they're being very vague and never actually mentioning 'statue' or 'PF' themselves. Even if they do release any more statues, i'd expect that to hapen in the next year before Weta start their statue line, then Sideshow's will stop, i think.

...And no i'm not doubting you, i'm just doubting what Sideshows intentions are. As i say, they're being very vague and never actually mentioning 'statue' or 'PF' themselves...

:exactly:

Actions speak louder than words. Currently there are no maquettes announced or for pre-order. Just saying. :peace

Denathor was one of the only major characters not produced as a bust. Would have zero interest in a FS but really that oversight should be corrected.

Given how well the Dark Rider of Mordor turned out GtW on Shadowfax should be a must (after some of the other overlooked main characters are done)

Wonder when we're getting this post-SDCC announcement then?!

Hope it's soon!

How long can you hold your breath?:lol

By the time SS finally announces their first Hobbit piece, we'll all probably be sitting at home watching the Extended Edition of There And Back Again.:lol Then a month after that SS will "re-evaluate" The Hobbit line.:rotfl

By the time SS finally announces their first Hobbit piece, we'll all probably be sitting at home watching the Extended Edition of There And Back Again.:lol Then a month after that SS will "re-evaluate" The Hobbit line.:rotfl

Hey,I may have my head in the clouds in a state of blissful ignorance....but I like it up here!! I'm like Bilbo when he sticks his head out of the trees in Mirkwood :lol Leave me alone!! Let me dream!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Denathor was one of the only major characters not produced as a bust. Would have zero interest in a FS but really that oversight should be corrected.

Given how well the Dark Rider of Mordor turned out GtW on Shadowfax should be a must (after some of the other overlooked main characters are done)

As a bust? Are you thinking of the old SSW days? They ended in 2005 my friend ;) Weta have the statue line back, but no-ones done 1/4 scale busts since then. I think the GG LOTR busts were a bit larger, but they didn't last long. Sideshow done a few legendary scale busts, but that's finished too. The only busts currently being done are The Hobbit ones by GG.

And yeah.... GTW on Shadowfax as a PF? I really wouldn't get your hopes up ;)

If you go to the coming soon section on SSC, they still have The Hobbit announcement pic with a "More info" link on it. Click that and it'll will say "Page Not Found".

Just because Sideshow has the license doesn't mean they plan on releasing any more product. I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but with the way they are handling some of their other licenses, I think there is little room to be optimistic.

So, first time posting in this "realm" of the board. Picked up the exclusive Dark Rider of Mordor on eBay. Piece was new and had never been opened.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. For $800, it's awfully brittle, and that horse feels like it will crack open if bumped even slightly. In the process of set up (which took a long time due to the robes and almost illegible instructions), several of the buckles on the scabbard ties fell off. I didn't even really handle them. The whole thing just feels cheap. I'm shocked, actually, because I have a couple dozen Sideshow pieces and while some have cheap feeling parts, this entire piece feels cheap.

Before I bought it, I read through some comments on various forums, and there didn't seem to be many complaints. And the statue looked killer at this year's SDCC.

Anyone else have the statue? What are your thoughts?

Back