The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

At this point at least for myself I don't care what SS does. If they come out with something I'll look at it and see if I'll buy it or not. Weta has got my attention now. Until then all any of us can do really is just wait and see. That's it.

Amen, Sideshow has a LONG history of stumbling and bumbling though this whole adventure! I for one am glad they are moving on to other things and let WETA move forward in something they have a passion for, that is what Sideshow lost, the passion. Sure the collectable market is nowhere near of the past but there is still a sizable market, I for one am VERY happy WETA will run with this as they have the passion that Sideshow lost, au revoir Sideshow! :wave

Amen, Sideshow has a LONG history of stumbling and bumbling though this whole adventure! I for one am glad they are moving on to other things and let WETA move forward in something they have a passion for, that is what Sideshow lost, the passion. Sure the collectable market is nowhere near of the past but there is still a sizable market, I for one am VERY happy WETA will run with this as they have the passion that Sideshow lost, au revoir Sideshow! :wave

I take it you don't collect the premium formats then? That is the only line I don't think would carry over to WETA.

I'd really like a Gothmog PF...that would look amazing with my Morgul Lord. I wonder what the first LSF statue will be for this line? I certainly thought we'd see at this year's comic-con.

STOP! I change the title! :clap

I had the answer of Jeff Dean from the Processing Coordinator :

Dear Masterside,

Thank you for the email and for your continued interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

While it is true that we did not have any new LOTR items showing at Comic Con this year; it does not mean the line is dead. We have not lost the license and have product coming down the pike; just nothing that was ready to show during the Con (except the Sauron LSF that was displayed).

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Dean
Processing Coordinator

Now I am very reassured! :hi5:

Daniel Falconer (WETA) wrote that some days ago (someone asked him about the SS and WETA licenses):

"I don't know what licenses Sideshow hold and can't speak for them. As regards statuary, we currently hold a polystone LOTR & Hobbit movie license that includes 1/6th scale. The only limits on size are economic or creative. I hope that helps."

I don' know what's going to happen (all of us know that SS is going to show some items now (I've read on a very reliable forum that there's 6 in production, in all the Middle Earth lines)), but for me it's good...more items means more chance to choose for me.

I have a further question, which license do they still have. Is it the 1/4 scale PF or larger license they still have but not the 1/6th polystone. Or do they still have it all, which means 'coming down the pike' includes more PF's, more maquettes, even more Dio's, etc if they want to.

I have a feeling that not dead means more PF's, but no more maquettes, etc.

Sideshow finally spoke, in my opinion has taken a long time to explain, in my humble opinion we deserved to have someone tell us something on the forum, but hey it's your company policy.

Now after confirmation that Sideshow continue with the license, I WANT AND DESIRE maquette Merry and Pippin.

Collectors want the complete Ring Company now.

I don' know what's going to happen (all of us know that SS is going to show some items now (I've read on a very reliable forum that there's 6 in production, in all the Middle Earth lines))

If this were true then

:fireworks

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

:fest

C'mon SS...wow us with some more awesome PF's already!!! :pray:

Yawn, more stumbling???

I only have 1 PF, the Lurtz and I think that is the BEST statue I have in all of my collection! That one item I will NEVER part with, as a matter of fact I like it so that I am going to be buried with it! I hope we do see more like this one as the baddies are WAY better in PF then the good guys!

Last edited:
I don' know what's going to happen (all of us know that SS is going to show some items now (I've read on a very reliable forum that there's 6 in production, in all the Middle Earth lines)), but for me it's good...more items means more chance to choose for me.

That's not bad news at all. :)

Dear Masterside,

Thank you for the email and for your continued interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

While it is true that we did not have any new LOTR items showing at Comic Con this year; it does not mean the line is dead. We have not lost the license and have product coming down the pike; just nothing that was ready to show during the Con (except the Sauron LSF that was displayed).

Jeff Dean
Processing Coordinator

Thanks Masterside :wave, there was quite a lot said and yet not much at all...as tends to be the way with these things.

"it does not mean the line is dead."

Line as in PFs or maquettes or both?

"except the Sauron LSF that was displayed"

Sauron is not a LSF, it's a PF...how close is this guy to things at Sideshow?

Sorry to say, I am not overly confident in this statement. :(

I do hope it is all it seems though. :pray:

Plus we were all taken in with that SDCC list of products that turned out to be false.

Methinks Sideshow will just be doing some more PF's.

Thanks Masterside :wave, there was quite a lot said and yet not much at all...as tends to be the way with these things.

Jeff would know what's going on at SS. He's also a member here on the freaks board.

As far as Sauron he's a lsf just not listed at one. He's as big as any of the ones displayed at comic-con.

I wanna see it before I believe it. And this:
"While it is true that we did not have any new LOTR items showing at Comic Con this year; it does not mean the line is dead. We have not lost the license and have product coming down the pike; just nothing that was ready to show during the Con (except the Sauron LSF that was displayed)"

.... could easily mean another 5 orcs and villians and what's really the point in that. Give us Marry & Pippin, Boromir, Eowyn, Gimli, Arwen, Eomer, Elrond or Faramir but for the love of just about everything .............. STOP with the orcs and villians. Please ............ is that really to much to ask?

Plus we were all taken in with that SDCC list of products that turned out to be false.

Methinks Sideshow will just be doing some more PF's.

I can not get the idea that close Sideshow maquette line without taking Merry and Pippin.

If Merry and Pippin finally Maquette not released for sale by Sideshow, many collectors Sideshow stop trusting as a company, apart from feeling cheated, because we promised that the Company would be completed in this line.

It's my pleasure!

For your first question, both Line of course.

And about Sauron LSF, it's just a mistake by Jeff :)

It's my pleasure!

For your first question, both Line of course.

And about Sauron LSF, it's just a mistake by Jeff :)

Well that certainly is interesting!

Maybe the difference is that Sideshow's LOTR statue line are called maquettes? Or that they're a different scale to Weta's licence?

Or...

Sideshow have already sculpted a maquette or two and could release them in the next year before Weta's line starts?

Back