The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still believe that all you maquette collector's will get a M and P statue...I have got my fingers crossed for you all...I know SS have made some inexplicably bad business decisions with this license before,but I doubt they would come this far in the line and come to a sudden halt with only one statue left to complete the fellowship...I just can't see it happening.

Give us Marry & Pippin, Boromir, Eowyn, Gimli, Arwen, Eomer, Elrond or Faramir but for the love of just about everything .............. STOP with the orcs and villians. Please ............ is that really to much to ask?

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

Amen.

Is there a difference between a maquette and a statue?

When both are 1/6th scale and made of polystone, from the same license with same actor likeness.... I'm thinking no.

So I wonder, assumign that SS has indeed been working on a Faramir statue, as well as Merry and Pippin, which one is going to be released first, SS or Weta.

Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

Dear Masterside,

Thank you for the email and for your continued interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

While it is true that we did not have any new LOTR items showing at Comic Con this year; it does not mean the line is dead. We have not lost the license and have product coming down the pike; just nothing that was ready to show during the Con (except the Sauron LSF that was displayed).

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Dean
Processing Coordinator

Bah... another SS answer that isn't. All that has been stated is the Sauron PF is coming, nothing else. He does not clarify the type(s) of licence, types of products coming, time-frame for when they are coming, or what they might be. Nothing concrete in this that we didn't already know... it's all sound and fury signifying nothing.

Last edited:
Yep, personally i think he's talking about PF's but i still wouldn't be surprised to see one last maquette of Merry and Pippin.

Sideshow's vague answers are in stark contrast to Weta's almost daily updates. Even if they do put out any more LOTR or Hobbit stuff, i'll be sticking with Weta because of all the SSW stuff i have, and they have a UK warehouse so shipping to me is nothing, and no taxes, plus with their involvement in the film you can't get any more authentic.

Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

Jeff would know what's going on at SS. He's also a member here on the freaks board.

As far as Sauron he's a lsf just not listed at one. He's as big as any of the ones displayed at comic-con.

Okay, fair enough...I can see it as being a LSF in all but price and name.

It's my pleasure!

For your first question, both Line of course.

And about Sauron LSF, it's just a mistake by Jeff :)

That's great Masterside, thanks.

Well that certainly is interesting!

Sideshow have already sculpted a maquette or two and could release them in the next year before Weta's line starts?

That's what I was thinking.

I copy three tweets by Sideshow Collectibles about the LOTR License :

Q : Sideshow can fans of Middle-earth get a little love soon? We're dying for a preview or Pre-order. :)

R : We do have some Middle Earth peeks coming up very soon! Since there is a lot going on during Comic-Con, and we do not have finished pieces to show just yet, we wanted to save the teases for after July so you guys wouldn't miss them. Hang in there just a little bit longer!

Q : When can we expect some LOTR/Hobbit collectibles news? We've been waiting patiently for a long time now...

R : We have some news coming! Expect to see something shortly after the end of our #ComicCon month. We didn't want it to get buried -S

And an other discussion :

Q : You guys have plans of making Gothmog into a PF? I need one to go with the Morgul Lord...thanks!

R : I will have to ask the Dev team. I know they have a baddie planned, but I'm not 100% sure which one -S

Q : fantastic! Please let me know if you're allowed to release such info. haha.

R : I can't name this character yet, but we do have a Production Peek coming up for him in the next few weeks! -S

Now you can see that the LOTR license by Sideshow is not dead :)

Is there a difference between a maquette and a statue?

A maquette is a production piece used to see how a character should appear. A reference piece for directors etc. I think SS were just being a bit snobby calling there line 'maquettes', a bit like 'Sackville Baggins' sounds better than 'Bagend Baggins' :lol

I copy three tweets by Sideshow Collectibles about the LOTR License :

Q : Sideshow can fans of Middle-earth get a little love soon? We're dying for a preview or Pre-order. :)

R : We do have some Middle Earth peeks coming up very soon! Since there is a lot going on during Comic-Con, and we do not have finished pieces to show just yet, we wanted to save the teases for after July so you guys wouldn't miss them. Hang in there just a little bit longer!

Q : When can we expect some LOTR/Hobbit collectibles news? We've been waiting patiently for a long time now...

R : We have some news coming! Expect to see something shortly after the end of our #ComicCon month. We didn't want it to get buried -S

And an other discussion :

Q : You guys have plans of making Gothmog into a PF? I need one to go with the Morgul Lord...thanks!

R : I will have to ask the Dev team. I know they have a baddie planned, but I'm not 100% sure which one -S

Q : fantastic! Please let me know if you're allowed to release such info. haha.

R : I can't name this character yet, but we do have a Production Peek coming up for him in the next few weeks! -S

Now you can see that the LOTR license by Sideshow is not dead :)

But maquette line, still not confirm anything.
I'm still waiting for a confirmation on the line Sideshow LOTR maquette.

Yay. Another baddie. Brilliant Sideshow. :slap

At least the line isn't dead. I guess that's something.

:cuckoo: :slap:mad::monkey4:thwak:horse

Didn't I tell you?

I wouldn't get too worked up yet guys,after all,they didn't specify (surprise,surprise) which license the "announcement" was gonna be for.

It has always been my belief that the inaugural piece to kick-off The Hobbit line would be an Azog PF (mainly because of how successful Lurtz was,Azog would be an easy seller if he was done well)...so I think that is what this "villian" announcement is gonna be...could be wrong though :peace

Don't get me wrong,I hope we see a Bilbo or Thorin PF first,but I doubt it :(

One thing I really hope it ISN'T...is the said-to-be-coming Cave Troll PF...too big,too expensive and TOO SOON!!! (right after DROM and Sauron for goodness sake :slap )

For those who doubt, I can ask for further clarification.

I remain at your disposal. :)

I wouldn't get too worked up yet guys,after all,they didn't specify (surprise,surprise) which license the "announcement" was gonna be for.

It has always been my belief that the inaugural piece to kick-off The Hobbit line would be an Azog PF (mainly because of how successful Lurtz was,Azog would be an easy seller if he was done well)...so I think that is what this "villian" announcement is gonna be...could be wrong though :peace

Don't get me wrong,I hope we see a Bilbo or Thorin PF first,but I doubt it :(

One thing I really hope it ISN'T...is the said-to-be-coming Cave Troll PF...too big,too expensive and TOO SOON!!! (right after DROM and Sauron for goodness sake :slap )

I actually wouldn't mind a kick-a$$ Azog PF being the first in the Hobbit line. Get people interested and the line off to a good start.

As long as Thorin and Bilbo PFs are forthcoming too, i'm not too worried.

Oh and GIMLI!!! :gah::lol

Again Weta is the Middle-Earth king again and will have my attention I could care less about What Sideshow does. If they produce something that interests me I'm there. If not then I'm not. We wait and see and that's all we can do. Correspondence means nothing here, dont care who is talking to SS. How about yes and no answers. It's not worth worrying about at all to me. Weta has done beautifully in their correspondence with their fans and have truly listened. Either way even if SS does start producing more LOTR it will be a super slow process and I think we will be lucky to see 2 pieces a year done. I'm going by what I see so far. If SS does churn em out like the old days then even better but I won't hold my breath on it, no way. My hunch is that a PF Saruman will come out one of these days, just a gut feeling and nothing more

Could you try and get confirmation that the 1:6 statue line isn't dead? And that Merry and Pippin are being worked on :pray:

S'il te plait :)

Don't "ask" ................ DEMAND they drop the baddies. On the other hand - that will leave me with plenty of $$ to spend at Weta and the LOTR baddies-lovers can waste their $$ at SS

Back