The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So given all the chatter on social media today from SS about the new Hobbit movie I would say that today is the day for any new announcement about these licenses. If they don't drop a tease at least from a Hobbit item then I think it must be dead.

Last edited:
Eh, so far contests for old and stale stock.

What is my nemesis? Contests for old stock in lieu of new sneak peaks

My money is on PF's, 1 or 2 for the Hobbit and LOTR. I'm guessing Thorin and/or Bilbo from the Hobbit and Saurman from the LOTR, which will also somewhat fit in with the Hobbit.

Well, so far so right for LOTR, lets see if a Hobbit PF now shows up.

Still waiting on Indy to get back from the LSF fixer. I'd buy a GTG LSF but the pose must be epic, basically the pse of him in Moria screaming you "you shall not pass" with staff raised and sword ready to go. Weta made the calm GTG already

Still waiting on Indy to get back from the LSF fixer. I'd buy a GTG LSF but the pose must be epic, basically the pse of him in Moria screaming you "you shall not pass" with staff raised and sword ready to go. Weta made the calm GTG already

Weta made that GTG pose already, although it's in bronze. Can't think of too many iconic GTG poses after that.

Weta made that GTG pose already, although it's in bronze. Can't think of too many iconic GTG poses after that.

Yeah I know but I think they need something like that. Then again, with the exception of the Wolf Predator most of these LSFs have have boring poses (Maul, Ben, Indy, Cat Woman). Still we don't need something super dynamic but Wolf but if its 3 feet of Gandalf standing there contemplating, eh, I don't know. I hope they retool Indy into something more interesting than what was teased (brielfy) at cmic-con

Well, so far so right for LOTR, lets see if a Hobbit PF now shows up.

I guess not, or totally not yet.

Maybe they should rename the 12 days of Sideshow to, 12 days of anything but Middle-Earth :lol

Alive and well hey, looks very much to be the standard SideShow silent, slow death, just like the Disney PF line. Only real question now is, will anything follow the Saurman PF and will anything from the Hobbit actually be shown?

I guess not, or totally not yet.

Maybe they should rename the 12 days of Sideshow to, 12 days of anything but Middle-Earth :lol

Alive and well hey, looks very much to be the standard SideShow silent, slow death, just like the Disney PF line. Only real question now is, will anything follow the Saurman PF and will anything from the Hobbit actually be shown?

Chances of SS doing anything from The Hobbit - nil, zilch, nada, nothing at all. If they were going to do anything with their Hobbit license (whatever it might account for) they would have by now. Even if they did would anyone go near such product given the SS/ME track record??? I'm actually flabbergasted we're still seeing the Saurman PF.

As for what was posted on the 'Other' forum regarding LOTR/Hobbit like usual it's all sound and fury signifying... nothing.

I'd like to know when they can really throw merchandise on the Hobbit movies?.

Laughing is announcing a license, not to throw anything on the market for another 3 years minimum.

Weta have brought some great Hobbit collectibles out..and Sideshow are terrified of competing with them..So they through a lovely saruman PF at you instead..:mad::mad:

Hi guys, can anybody tell me how much is Uruk-hai berserker PF sideshow collectibles regular edition,worth these days? Thanks!

Weta have brought some great Hobbit collectibles out..and Sideshow are terrified of competing with them..So they through a lovely saruman PF at you instead..:mad::mad:

I asked Igo on SF if there was a clause with the Hobbit license that gave Weta exclusive first dibs and he replied saying I was pretty close to the mark. It is as I suspected and mentioned earlier in thia thread to the ridicule of a few...

Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

I am new to posting on this site, does anyone have any idea or knowledge if SS is going to do the Merry and Pippen polystone to at least finish out the Fellowship? And what has happened to the Hobbit license? They announced that before the first movie and SS has not made one thing for it yet. Weta on the other hand has made loads. Thanks for any answers because SS isn't talking.

Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

I am new to posting on this site, does anyone have any idea or knowledge if SS is going to do the Merry and Pippen polystone to at least finish out the Fellowship? And what has happened to the Hobbit license? They announced that before the first movie and SS has not made one thing for it yet. Weta on the other hand has made loads. Thanks for any answers because SS isn't talking.

There is no new info, the only new announcement since Sauron PF well over a year ago is the new Saruman PF

Back