The Leftovers (New HBO Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best show on Television came back tonight with a superb season premiere.

Lindelof and Leder are on fire right out the door.

The ending with Nora raised alot of questions.

I don't know if it's the best show on tv but it's about as close as you get to a pure vision from a creative team and it's ****ing brilliant. Cheers to HBO for giving them a wrapup season.

I heard an interview with Carrie Coon last week where she was saying that if this was not so highly rated by critics it never would have continued past season one because no one watches it. I was actually really surprised because as weird as this show is, I'm totally invested in the storyline and all the characters.

I heard an interview with Carrie Coon last week where she was saying that if this was not so highly rated by critics it never would have continued past season one because no one watches it. I was actually really surprised because as weird as this show is, I'm totally invested in the storyline and all the characters.

In general I think audiences don't like ambiguity. THey came out of the gate saying the central "mystery" would not be answered so I think a lot of people never gave it a chance. Their loss.

So, who here watched the finale?

Amazing finale.

Lindelof and Perrotta delivered in spades. The ambiguity was beautiful and the resolutions poignant and heartfelt.

****, I'm gonna miss this masterpiece show.

I love that we never got to see
Spoiler Spoiler:

Let the mystery be.

I love that we never got to see
Spoiler Spoiler:

Let the mystery be.

I guess when you put like that....I agree. It's just that I really disliked the main characters

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, the end game wasn't a massive spectacle but rather a quiet realization of true happiness. The spectacle was getting there.

You didn't like Kevin? I thought he was a brilliant choice for a reluctant messiah.

That is true. I think I just didn't like Nora....lol. When he left her in the hotel, I was like about time he took charge and made a decision. He called her out about the kids

That is true. I think I just didn't like Nora....lol. When he left her in the hotel, I was like about time he took charge and made a decision. He called her out about the kids

Well, Nora represented the opposite of Kevin's ideology. Kevin was about moving forward. Nora was about looking back. In the end they switched places and it was Kevin who was stuck in the past while she moved on. She really was the yang to his ying.

Was it a parallel universe? Did that radiation that made them all disappear just change their vibrational frequency or something to cause them to exist on a different dimensional plane? It's almost like The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits in terms of the construction of it as an idea.

She def traveled to a "mirror universe" and not the place The Departed went to. I was worried when she was telling Kevin the story that she was going to say she indeed crossed over to said destination for The Departed. I was happy it wasn't - because it let the mystery be.

Back