Amazon’s Second Age of Middle-earth TV series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I looked back through the last 10 pages and didn’t see anything on this show.

I’m looking forward to it overall. The Tolkien estate has a contract with Amazon that gives them final say on content, and the content must be consistent with Tolkien’s writings to begin with. It’s fine with me if some creative/artistic liberties are taken here and there. Peter Jackson did (e.g., Saruman’s death, no scouring of the shire, etc.) and overall the final product worked out sublimely imho.

Personally I’m looking forward to a largely original story about the role of the two blue wizards (one of whom is my namesake here). As the linked info says, in Tolkien’s later writings he revised his earlier stand on the blue wizards (originally had them arriving at the same time as the other Istari during the Third Age) and changed them to having a substantial role during Second Age, assuring that Sauron didn’t raise a large enough army from peoples to the east and south.

Anyway, there’s been some controversy recently about the show featuring hobbits during the Secone Age, with at least some of them being played by black actors. Here’s an interesting discussion about it for fellow Tolkien fans out there:

Last edited:
Back