The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Haven't considered lighting nor where this is going as of yet. I guess I have got until the figures are completed before I need to worry :p

On a completely unrelated note to the 1/6 stuff... Man I love the MP. Only just getting into it these past couple of weeks, but it makes me rage so hard. Can only play half a dozen games or so before I need a break :p.

I am not surprised, I have come close, but have learnt to control myself since the last game that made me do it, which was MGS Rising...

I just find the gameplay style addictive, it is what I love about the SP game, but in MP. Unfortunately it relies on being a "team" game, and most people don't play it that way. Plus the match making system often has me at lvl 6 up against lvl 300+ guys who destroy me like paper.

This is me playing certain games too when I'm about to lose it...

tumblr_lo9672LeuN1qczo8zo1_500.gif

You must have encountered those guys who are 800 weeks and above no? haha! it frustrates me when i get matched with an opposing team who has all the players 400 and above while i get in a team with a 30 week average :lol MP has been really hard but really addicting

SOURCE - Bloody Disgusting

It Was “Hell” Porting ‘The Last of Us’ to PS4
By Adam Dodd on May 19, 2014

In a recent chat with UK gaming mag Edge, Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann said it was “hell” porting The Last of Us to the PlayStation 4. Taking the Remastered edition — which brings with it improved visuals, the Left Behind expansion and some multiplayer content — to Sony’s new console doesn’t sound like it was a particularly easy task.

“We expected it to be hell, and it was hell. Just getting an image onscreen, even an inferior one with the shadows broken, lighting broken and with it crashing every 30 seconds… that took a long time. These engineers are some of the best in the industry and they optimized the game so much for the PS3’s SPUs specifically. It was optimized on a binary level, but after shifting those things over, you have to go back to the high level, make sure the systems are intact, and optimize it again.

“I can’t describe how difficult a task that is. And once it’s running well, you’re running the [versions] side by side to make sure you didn’t screw something up in the process, like physics being slightly off, which throws the game off, or lighting being shifted and all of a sudden it’s a drastically different look. That’s not ‘improved’ any more; that’s different. We want to stay faithful while being better.”

Just completed Grounded. What a frigging nightmare that was. So many retries. The Hospital is a real pain, no checkpoints.

Just completed Grounded. What a frigging nightmare that was. So many retries. The Hospital is a real pain, no checkpoints.

That's it, I'm officially giving up on perusing the plat for this game until the PS4 version comes out. :lol

Yeah, Grounded has sounded more and more like "awful difficult" not "fun / challenging difficult".

That's it, I'm officially giving up on perusing the plat for this game until the PS4 version comes out. :lol

Does Grounded count toward the Platinum now? I got it pre-Grounded.

Yeah, Grounded has sounded more and more like "awful difficult" not "fun / challenging difficult".

It isn't fun, seriously. So many sections took dozens of retries, and the lack of some checkpoints is a major pain in the ass. At some point I'll do it in New Game + but I need a vacation from it.

I was going to make my first play through on remastered grounded, but I'm thinking I'll skip it altogether. Maybe go for normal or hard just to enjoy the experience.

You definitely can't play Grounded and enjoy it. It's beyond frustrating.

Hmmm, I can't remember where I left off but the lack of checkpoints sounds concerning so I may not go back right now. Good thing I have Wolfenstein to keep me busy until the PS4 version comes out.

Back