The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Ellie looks nothing to Ellen Page, Ellen Page's a walking forehead :lol

Maybe at 1st she had a strong resemblance, but since the redesign, nope, I can't see Page in Ellie.

Wow. To read the comments you'd think I said that Spock served on board the Millennium Falcon.

:lol nah, I just disliked Ellen Page a little when she freaked out about her "likeness" in the game, nothing personal bro.

Anyway, glad to most websites have TLOU as their GOTY.

I was remembering my 1st play-through, and in winter, I really thought Joel was going to die, it's been a loooooooooong time since a game or movie actually made me believe that things weren't going to work out for the main characters and did stuff that was completely unexpected.

I think I remember somebody posting a sad smiley face when talking about Joel, before I played the game, which made me think he was going to be forced to kill Ellie, or maybe vice versa. I think the whole way through the game I was kinda expecting it. Kinda nice surprise for me when I beat the game :D

Edit: & yeah, even with the model changes, Ellie still kinda reminded me of Ellen Page. It was her voice &, I don't know, quirkiness, or mannerisms, or something.

The original character model was definitely Ellen Page, they redesigned because it was obvious (it was also weird because Beyond was announced around the same time).
The redesign I think is different enough, but there's something a bit weird about it, perhaps if they had more time they would have gone a different direction. It seems less human.

Ellie looks nothing to Ellen Page, Ellen Page's a walking forehead :lol

Maybe at 1st she had a strong resemblance, but since the redesign, nope, I can't see Page in Ellie.

:exactly:

If you want to compare their respective performances, Page's in B2S I thought was weak :huh Dafoe was the only good actor in it.

:lol nah, I just disliked Ellen Page a little when she freaked out about her "likeness" in the game, nothing personal bro.

Anyway, glad to most websites have TLOU as their GOTY.

I was remembering my 1st play-through, and in winter, I really thought Joel was going to die, it's been a loooooooooong time since a game or movie actually made me believe that things weren't going to work out for the main characters and did stuff that was completely unexpected.

I'm so glad her game was a failure. I only got it for David Cage, but I thought it was a big drop off from Heavy Rain. Her freakout over likeness that was changed two years prior was so friggin childish.

Last edited:

I'm not reading anything, since I'm in the midst of my first playthrough. This is more just speaking without listening (for now - I'm looking forward to / dreading reading this entire thread after completing the game).

I literally bought a system to play this game. I had the slightest worry this game wouldn't live up to the hype, but wasn't too stressed.

Then, the opening, pre-title gameplay crushed me, emotionally. Ten minutes into playing this game, and it was cemented that I'd made the right decision to buy a PS3.

For about a half hour-hour, I thought "So is this just going to be wandering around 'Life After People' while being forced to stealth kill infected people?" My minor worries were extinguished once progressed a bit further with Tess and Ellie.

What really finalized my love was the fact that I had played this tonight for three and a half hours without looking at the clock, or even moving. No sodas, beer, bathroom - nothing. I just looked over at my kitchen clock and thought "uh, I should probably stop for tonight."

I'm so glad her game was a failure. I only got it for David Cage, but I thought it was a big drop off from Heavy Rain. Her freakout over likeness that was changed two years prior was so friggin childish.

I believe it was some kind of gimmick to bring more attention to B2S.

I stopped myself from reading too much about B2S in here (don't know if there was anything spoilerific in the comments). Please don't randomly ruin the game for me in here :D

The story was good, but in no way does it even begin to compare to TLOU. Page's acting is very mediocre, over-dramatic. Dafoe was the only thing I really enjoyed in it.

I can't stand Page. Every line of hers in Inception is whiny, pedantic and nagging.

Her first scene: 'work placement' and 'tell me something about this first' are needlessly high pitched.

I loved Ashley Johnson as Ellie though, especially when she swears.

I used to have a little crush on Page years ago, but I think her acting stinks. The whole Tomboy thing is old, and she has no range. The interview with her for B2S really came across snobbish too. Although other people on here didn't get that impression.

Johnson's interviews for TLOU were very genuine and she really seems like a cool chick. She was perfect as Ellie.

I actually thought it was Ellen Page in TLOU up until I saw the credits... haha.

I don't get why people think Ellie looks or sounds like Page.

Looks I can kinda see...sounds, no not all. That thing with Page flipping out her likeness was pathetic though, it;s like she was trying to cash off the game's soon to be immense popularity.

She bellyached over likeness that was LONG since changed. She has Page's outline sure, I can understand why people misinterpret her as Page. But she has a completely different face, hair color, eye color, voice, different personality. It's not like Page is one of a kind either, plenty of women look like each other.

I don't see how you can't see the resemblence in persona and looks. I really thought it was page. I even showed the pic to other people and they all thought it was Ellen Page too.

I think there is little doubt that the Ellie was heavily inspired by Page.

Back