The Last of Us - Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love the game, but I feel the same way about the movie idea as I do re: a sequel to the game: Pass.
Let the original stand as the masterpiece it is and move on. That being said, I completely agree that the reason the bond between Ellie and Joel was so impactful was the hours of exposure the game allowed. Squeezing their arc into 120 minutes just wouldn't do it justice.

I did. *said defiantly with fists on hips* It was fun-cancer and should be extracted from the gaming realm.

Lmbhspn.gif

Couldn't disagree with you more.

SOURCE - Polygon

Troy Baker on The Last of Us film: 'You need to trust what they're doing'
By Alexa Ray Corriea on Mar 07, 2014 at 11:00a

Troy Baker, the actor behind Joel from Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, thinks the recently-announced live action movie adaptation is in good hands — though he hasn't revealed if he will be reprising his role for the film, reports IGN.

The voice actor stated fans shouldn't worry about the quality of the adaptation, which is being written by The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann.

"From experience I trust implicitly everyone at Naughty Dog," Baker said. "From Christophe to Evan to Bruce Straley to Neil Druckmann. To everyone who liked that game, you need to trust what they're doing. I know that if it wasn't going to be something that accurately represents that story, they wouldn't do it."

Baker suggested he has not been approached yet about participating in the film, though it seems he would enjoy appearing as a character other than Joel. There are still no details on the movie's plot, including whether or not it will follow the story of the video game.

"So I'm 100 percent behind it," he added. "If I get a chance to be a hunter or a clicker, I'd be so happy! But even if not I'll participate in watching the film with just as much enthusiasm and excitement as if I was in it."

The Last of Us film will be distributed by Sony Pictures subsidiary Screen Gems and produced by Ghost House Pictures, production company of veteran horror director Sam Raimi.

SOURCE - Polygon

Troy Baker on The Last of Us film: 'You need to trust what they're doing'
By Alexa Ray Corriea on Mar 07, 2014 at 11:00a

Troy Baker, the actor behind Joel from Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, thinks the recently-announced live action movie adaptation is in good hands — though he hasn't revealed if he will be reprising his role for the film, reports IGN.

The voice actor stated fans shouldn't worry about the quality of the adaptation, which is being written by The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann.

"From experience I trust implicitly everyone at Naughty Dog," Baker said. "From Christophe to Evan to Bruce Straley to Neil Druckmann. To everyone who liked that game, you need to trust what they're doing. I know that if it wasn't going to be something that accurately represents that story, they wouldn't do it."

Baker suggested he has not been approached yet about participating in the film, though it seems he would enjoy appearing as a character other than Joel. There are still no details on the movie's plot, including whether or not it will follow the story of the video game.

"So I'm 100 percent behind it," he added. "If I get a chance to be a hunter or a clicker, I'd be so happy! But even if not I'll participate in watching the film with just as much enthusiasm and excitement as if I was in it."

The Last of Us film will be distributed by Sony Pictures subsidiary Screen Gems and produced by Ghost House Pictures, production company of veteran horror director Sam Raimi.

No need to worry lol not like he can say to fans the movie is in trouble or anything.

My ideal director for this would be Alfonso Cuaron, I think, but Sam Raimi has the POTENTIAL to not completely **** it up. I hope they let Gustavo score it....Can't ask for a better screenwriter than Druckman. The way I see it, there's a POSSIBILITY it could be good, even great...and if it's not...it doesn't diminish the game one bit.

Some users, namely "stepultra" on youtube have made several movie versions of video games. His Last of Us "movie" is just shy of 4 hours. If they wanted to, they could make a 3 hour movie and it would be able to fit most of the story.

it this will be close to the game..with great actors.. this would be awesome

My ideal director for this would be Alfonso Cuaron, I think, but Sam Raimi has the POTENTIAL to not completely **** it up. I hope they let Gustavo score it....Can't ask for a better screenwriter than Druckman. The way I see it, there's a POSSIBILITY it could be good, even great...and if it's not...it doesn't diminish the game one bit.

For visuals alone Cuaron is a good choice.

I'll believe this once I see on-set photos. Since, "God of War", "Uncharted", and "Assassin Creed" were all games that I love that were supposed to be into films.

I'll believe this once I see on-set photos. Since, "God of War", "Uncharted", and "Assassin Creed" were all games that I love that were supposed to be into films.

This is what I've been saying. They do this allllll the time. I wouldn't get hyped about this since every popular game that comes out always has a movie in the works. Sly cooper and ratchet and clank are defiantly being made though.

Heard they were filming Assassins creed this year stated for a 2015 release.

Back