HBO: The Last of Us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hearing that the game is far more intense I want to give it a go but it’s not available on Xbox One. :cautious:

Well, since Druckman will be using his Part II story which was trash to begin with, at least there won't be much room for disappointment the second time around. Shucks, it might even be an improvement over the game this time, as we might see more of Joel than we did in Part II.
But I'll never understand the hype the first season got. They took out 99% of the action and interactions between Joel & Ellie, and turned it into a slow burning drama about everyone else but them.

In terms of the S1 set up for Joel's overall arc in the TV series, and considering basic writing convention, I see where this is going for this show. And the test case for it was always going to be The Walking Dead.

When Glenn was written out of the show, it was just too much for a decent chunk of TWD audience. Now other issues made it easy to bleed off viewers, that that single scene pretty much caused cascading damage to the overall ratings until the end. What reinforced the problem was Negan had close to invincible plot armor and then the writers attempted to humanize him and then are trying to forcefeed a quasi hate based romance with Maggie.

Limited exposure to Joel in S1 will make it easier to retcon him. This conversation in the video above with Tommy is essentially setting up a flashback episode in S2. All you really need is Joel being shown killing a bunch of orphans (almost like Jedi Younglings no less) or selling preteens in slavery, implied to sexual slavery, and then the writers will have done their best to justify the perceived "karma" for Joel. And boost the Golf Club Queen. Nothing will make her sympathetic, just like nothing is going to make Negan sympathetic.

The other problem from a character development perspective is Glenn/Maggie/Negan ended up making Maggie looking weak, pathetic and incompetent. It was the only way to support Negan's plot armor. So how will that make Ellie look to the audience when Golf Club Queen turns into a fugazi level tortured heroine instead?

Here's the thing. Druckmann can tell whatever story he wants to tell. But you have to have writing that supports it. Bad writing as a matter of principle is more offensive than the actual subject matter within that writing when it comes to TV and film. It just makes no sense. The justification is that "Ellie shouldn't end up being that kind of person, Joel wouldn't want that" When you have to slaughter up to 400-500 people total before you get to that point, that argument holds no weight.

How did killing Glenn off by having his head smashed in work out for TWD? And somehow Mazin and Druckmann think they can magically do better?

Well they certainly are going to hit the gas pedal anyway. Fans be damned. How are they going to even cast this? Drop into every Cross Fit gym and look for the angriest person there reading a dogeared copy of Andrea Dworkin in-between dead lift sets and gulping down PEDs?

I'm going to have a hard time watching Ellie in the LofU2 series, as the actress is still going to look like a 14 year old...as time goes on I'm liking the series less and less.

I'm going to have a hard time watching Ellie in the LofU2 series, as the actress is still going to look like a 14 year old...as time goes on I'm liking the series less and less.
Totally. And she's soo tiny to boot... :crying
I really like the actress. Just not in that role... It kinda ruins everything... How are they going to pull it off... ?

Never liked her casting. It's all backwards.

Rumoured Abby actress Kaitlyn Dever should have played Ellie.

I can hear 'third and final season' already.
Wow yeah, she actually does look like Ellie. If they cast her as Abby, it'll be like watching a grown up Ellie fighting against teenager Ellie. Going to be a bit awkward. lol

Never liked her casting. It's all backwards.

Rumoured Abby actress Kaitlyn Dever should have played Ellie.

I can hear 'third and final season' already.
I remember when Arya stark was going to be Ellie. Don’t know what happened to that

After hearing that the game is far more intense I want to give it a go but it’s not available on Xbox One. :cautious:
I have both games but have yet to start them. Not sure what's holding me back, but it may be my need to finish Wolfenstein Old Blood before moving on.

I have both games but have yet to start them. Not sure what's holding me back, but it may be my need to finish Wolfenstein Old Blood before moving on.
I hear you, I still haven’t gotten to Red Dead Redemption 2 yet and I’ve had the game for ages, maybe over Xmas.

What was wrong with it?

Once again, I feel a tremendous disconnect from anyone under the age of 40 or so.

These are grown ass men, squealing and hiding their faces in a pillow cause there's a sex scene on TV. Are they 9 years old?? And why in the hell would you share a video of that with the world?

I give up.
bfly2r2b70da1.jpg

I hope she got that whey ready. And I don't think they'll be a huge amount of hate like the game. I'm sure you know what to expect if you watch this. But hey I've been wrong several times about the way things go.

I dont really see the resemblance… I hope she bulks up for the role. Abby’s revenge is what drives everything she does. It’s why she’s so muscular. It’s an emotional embodiment of her revenge. It’s such a big part of the character and that’s all just erased with this casting if she doesn’t bulk up. Abby’s muscularity makes her look threatening too. Caitlin looks like a scared little bunny in comparison.

She’s a great actress, I know her from several other netflix shows and uncharted 4. But I don’t see this working. Hope they can prove me wrong tho

This is some amazing trolling by the casting directors.

Liked her in Last Man Standing. She played that Tomboy role well but I’m not sure about her playing Abby. I guess more I don’t want to hate her. It will be interesting to see what, if any changes, they make due to feedback from the game.

Why'd they cast Ellie as Abby? lol
Actually, she would have made a great Ellie! Maybe somewhere in my subconscious I thought that and thought her being Abby was so wrong. She might help Abby’s case since the game certainly didn’t. I had never played a game so badly on purpose before because I hated who I was playing as and wanted to see them suffer :lol

Jesse and Dina just got cast. They look the part. I’m having a hard time imagining this Dina and Bella together tho. I know Bella is 23 or something in real life but she really doesn’t look over 14 😅. Although a bit sceptical, I’m still very excited to see how it turns out in the show. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• IMG_7914.png
    IMG_7914.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7913.png
    IMG_7913.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Back