Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

All right, Im really trying not to be negative but...

Another dropped ball just like green goblin with the no ex..I kept my mouth shut on the boards about the GG and still jumped on it, but this is a debotchery, an absolute JOKE of an exclusive! This statue with its plastic cheap looking flames and toy-like shoes belongs on a shelf in ToysRus. Not digging the portait either. Hot Toys look better!

Easy pass for me.

How can SS sit there with Prime 1 and XM eating their breakfast, lunch and dinner and **** up exclusive after exclusive. You got Prime 1, XM and other players offering multiple switch out portraits, arms, weapons and accessories to their statues....and this is what they come up with. I think some heads need to roll at SS HQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Hot Toy headsculpts nearly always look better than anything SS has put out when a full human face is shown.

But I'll still be getting this to go along with Bats. But in all honesty they'll both probably end up on the bottom shelves of my Besta units.

And that's why HT is such in demand..

I jumped on the waitlist for Arkham Joker, starting to lean towards that one more now... still not sure about this one, price point and exclusive and pose isn't reassuring.

Yah, pass for me - was really looking forward to adding another Joker too. Damn!

How do you guys hate on this piece so much?!
I think it looks great lol. Love the pose. I only don't like the flames.

The Same people crapping on this piece are talking about other companies like they're hot **** but they aren't.

Insanity!!
;)

Hmm between XM, Prime 1, Hot Toys...I dunno bro. I love SS but they are not the only kids in the playground. Far from it.
Is XM making one or were you just using them as an example?

I don't like the blank expression on Prime 1 Joker, nor the pose, but at least I can see the quality in the sculpt, paint, clothing material and tailoring. Plus he's got a knife. This Joker from SS, it doesn't look like 3 years in the making to me.

I've not been in the collecting game long (only 8 months) The Dark Knight is my all time favourite movie and jumped on the 1:1 bale bust last year. I also pre ordered the bale PF and was expecting this to be a day 1 PO, I really want a Ledger Joker in my collection but not feeling this portrait at all. Prime 1 pose and scale put me off at the beginning but seriously having a re think now.

The Same people crapping on this piece are talking about other companies like they're hot **** but they aren't.

Insanity!!
;)

I think people can see when an effort to put a good well rounded product is made by other companies. Sideshow gets in their own way with poor execution, lack of switch outs that make sense and just willingness to give most fans what they want.

Competition is good. At $500 for a PF these need to click in all cylinders. Sometimes it feels like Sideshow does whatever they want and buy it if you want it. We are really just making these for ourselves here in the office. You have the honor of buying it in our website. On to the next project...

Competition is good. At $500 for a PF these need to click in all cylinders. Sometimes it feels like Sideshow does whatever they want and buy it if you want it. We are really just making these for ourselves here in the office. You have the honor of buying it in our website. On to the next project...

Isn't that the point of any business? :dunno they're not here to cater to anybody's personal want or needs

e6a83e9e222bd7bba27f46f94aeb4009.jpg

For those wanting a knife and laughing head

Here is your option

1/4 statue

Looks like sculpted cloths

But overall looks good I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is XM making one or were you just using them as an example?

I don't like the blank expression on Prime 1 Joker, nor the pose, but at least I can see the quality in the sculpt, paint, clothing material and tailoring. Plus he's got a knife. This Joker from SS, it doesn't look like 3 years in the making to me.

Prime clearly put more time into their version. It may not be perfect, but I think they care more about the fan base than SS does and the work reflects that. As a big Heath fan, there isn't anything I like about this piece unfortunately.

e6a83e9e222bd7bba27f46f94aeb4009.jpg

For those wanting a knife and laughing head

Here is your option

1/4 statue

Looks like sculpted cloths

But overall looks good I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely need better pics. Zooming in on the image it looks like the shirt collar is cloth, maybe.

Back