Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

There have been multiple instances where the Joker thinks they are the same, save batman's morals to not kill. The reason the pose doesn't fit isis not because of the companion piece, but because of the character. You wouldn't pose superman with the one hand salute and a smile like supergirl, it just doesn't work. He's never done it. Same applies here.

They are passionate about the character. As ledgers joker the the topic here, some people are Very passionate about it. While I do agree with you that absolutely trashing the artists and such is not the right approach (I haven't actually seen much of this compared to supergirl), you also have to appreciate that these passionate people have been waiting YEARS for this piece to be released. Venting their disappointment after a let down 2.5 years in the making (if not longer, or shorter) is normal. It doesn't meet a lot of expectations, because the expectations it would have to meet are so high. Rightfully so, evidenced by what I said earlier about the character being iconic. It being 'exactly' what they wanted isn't the complaint. The complaint is the fact it's 'nothing' compared to what they wanted, and these two ideas are vastly different.

I understand collectors are passionate about characters, but so are the people sculpting them
There is a respectful way to say that you dislike a piece
To suggest that Sideshow has not put any effort into the statue is really an insult to a company who has brought some awesome pieces to our collections
Again, everyone has a different opinion
I wouldn't buy any other version of a Ledger statue, this in my opinion is the best I've seen so far

I feel like the only place Sideshow is trying to match their competitors on is price lol.

Didn't majority like this a few days ago with the teaser video? Now most hate it because of the exclusive and very easy to guess price? :lol:lol:lol

I can understand hating the exclusive..... that is terrible. Complete waste. The price was easy to guess though. Batman was $470.... Phoenix was $500..... pretty easy to guess that it would have fallen between there..... that is the new normal. That is also more than I would like to pay.

I will still get it. If I owned any TDK Hot Toys I wouldn't be buying this or Batman.....

It's nothing to do with the EX or the price for me, it's the portrait. I would pay double or even treble the price if the portrait was better.

It's nothing to do with the EX or the price for me, it's the portrait. I would pay double or even treble the price if the portrait was better.

55333877.jpg

but seriously, if you're willing to pay triple, you might as well pay a little more and go for the Prime1 TDK Joker.

I can see the points both pro and con regarding this piece. After looking at it I like this piece more than I dislike it. Consequently, I'll be POing this on Thursday and will use $97 in SS reward points to offset the $500 price tag. If anyone is POing this then cool and if you're not then I'm sure there'll be something soon on the horizon that will get you all excited. That's part of what makes collecting fun, there's something for everyone.

I can see the points both pro and con regarding this piece. After looking at it I like this piece more than I dislike it. Consequently, I'll be POing this on Thursday and will use $97 in SS reward points to offset the $500 price tag. If anyone is POing this then cool and if you're not then I'm sure there'll be something soon on the horizon that will get you all excited. That's part of what makes collecting fun, there's something for everyone.

Yeah this is a pretty interesting thread regarding the positives and negatives. One negative Im not really getting is the portrait. Id like to see some comparison images and reasons why people dont like his face. I myself only dislike the EX detonator, but as a Canadian whos local dealer cant get ex's I'm selfishly happy it sucks so I dont need to pay more and order it thru SS.

I really really want to like this.....but I don't. :(

So if you had to choose between this version or the Arkham Joker, not any other one or any waiting for a future release, which do you pick?

So if you had to choose between this version or the Arkham Joker, not any other one or any waiting for a future release, which do you pick?

Arkham Joker.

I wait for this to drop to at least $350, which will happen eventually somewhere in the future. Maybe not on SS website, but sellers always need room for new merchandise.

Isn't that the point of any business? :dunno they're not here to cater to anybody's personal want or needs

I thought the point of a business was to make money.. And to do that, you do what you can to make people want your product...

Lots of companies change things and make them better when customers want something. Look all the bells and whistles that cars get... They are trying to get your business... They want you to buy their car and not some other companies. I am sure Car manufactures could cut corners and make them a little less safe and not add USB ports and CD players...etc..... But they would lose to other companies. Maybe if they made them a lot cheaper... Then yes people on a budget will get them... But if the price is as high as a car that has more to offer they are going to fail as a car business.

SSC is a great company overall.... I like this Joker statue... But with other companies going the extra mile to give customers what they want and SSC not doing anything to keep up, other then raising their prices.... Well... That sucks because I fear what could end up happening to SSC and I don't think most of us want that.

Of course one could argue that other companies won't be able to sustain these higher demands from the customer and may go bankrupt because their prices are higher and SSC is smart to just stay status quo and keep their prices lower.. I don't know... Time will tell.

Arkham Joker. You can probably pair it with more Batman statues.

Overall, I actually don't mind the Ledger Joker except for 2 things - the flames on the base and the card in the hand. I'm not a fan of the detonator either but it is something I would never display (you gotta keep the gun, right?).

Well this will be an alternative if you don't have the space or money for a 1:2 P1 joker. It will cost a 1/4 of what P1 will charge for its 1:2. I may get him and bats just because I'm a huge fan and do like the statue. No rush to buy though.

The part about mixed media is right from Jerry Macaluso. Fabric is made from patterns that are much easier to replicate, cheaper and easies to glue to the body. Full sculpt requires to break down the statue in more piece that need to be painted individually, then glued together, and it's much more subject to human error than applying fabric (it requires more QC, basically).
In statues, you pay more or less the amount of time required to get to the finished pieces of the production run. Fabric implies less time, hence it's cheaper. You can see this point proven by PCS classic Street Fighter line (mixed medi, cheaper) as opposed to the Ultra line (full sculpt, more expensive).

Normally that would be the case. But some collectors that are willing to pay insane amounts of money for a custom tailored suit from Kato. That's just 1/6 scale too. So there is an art to cut and sew fabrication as well. Though that is probably an extreme case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally that would be the case. But some collectors that are willing to pay insane amounts of money for a custom tailored suit from Kato. That's just 1/6 scale too. So there is an art to cut and sew fabrication as well. Though that is probably an extreme case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh it wasn't to take anything away from mixed media. Tailoring is definitely an art on its own and I really appreciate it too, it was just a talk about costs... those custom tailored costumes tend to be more expensive because economies of scale don't really apply. It's like a custom paint job that costs 500-600$ on its own for a 1:4 piece but maybe 100$ done on a factory level.

Back