Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

I asked Sideshow Alex over at Statue Forum and she replied...

Lots of people have asked about a teaser (teasers) that they've seen for a possible Heath Ledger Joker. If there truly is one coming, it would be announced in a more official capacity on site or through our social platforms. How awesome would heath Ledger Joker be though? People have been wanting something like that for a while, so I hope it comes true in the future!

Lots of people have asked about a teaser (teasers) that they've seen for a possible Heath Ledger Joker. If there truly is one coming, it would be announced in a more official capacity on site or through our social platforms. How awesome would heath Ledger Joker be though? People have been wanting something like that for a while, so I hope it comes true in the future!

We would most likely see it at SDCC or announced during Spooktacular, I'd think.

So, that was a pretty useless answer you got. Obviously it would be a big release and done at a major time and where else would they announce it but their site or a social media platform. We would just like a confirmation it will be done, to say nothing of an ETA. That info tells us less than nothing.

Alex has been all over the map with answers about this piece:

12-31-13:

without being to specific can you say if the ledger joker pf is still in the works? in other words has been canceled or not

12-31-13

It is indeed still happening!

6-30-14

Alex, any updates on the ledger joker PF? :)

7-1-14

There's a Ledger Joker PF coming?

9-23-14

Hey SS Alex,

What happened to the Heath Ledger Joker PF? Is it still in the works? I haven't heard anything in a long while.

Please tell me I didn't dream this...

9-23-14

Seeing as this has never been officially announced as a future product then I really do not know of what you speak of. Could a Heath Ledger Joker have been teased? Perhaps. If one is in the works, the first you'll hear/see about it will be on our site through an official announcement or preview. :)

So she has gone from confirming its happening to acting completely oblivious about it.

Either SS is trying to be sly and drop this thing out of nowhere or its completely dead and not happening.

After multiple Predator cancellations even after preorder and cancellation of the Hobbit line I am skiddish about their "cute" answers like that. Release it or don't, stop playing games. It is way overdue and their is plenty of money out there if they do it right and don't pull another Reeve or something like that.

I would prefer another company making a 1/4 scale statue of ledger because sideshow is just sh***ing all over the place with the crap they are putting out. Even when they push back the release date they have too many issues for the money we spend.

I would prefer another company making a 1/4 scale statue of ledger because sideshow is just sh***ing all over the place with the crap they are putting out. Even when they push back the release date they have too many issues for the money we spend.

Some things are coming out good. Sinestro looks good, new Ivy, Saruman just to name a few. If they want to get it right they can, they just need to care.

yea but id rather have a company that cares all the times and takes their QC seriously all the time, not one that does a coin toss to decide..just let another company give us 1/4 scale nolan statues already…they shouldn't be allowed to hold the license and just do nothing with it..

I find it a tad bit odd that people would be so down on Sideshow Doing a DK Joker considering how well all the other DC Comic pieces have come out and how loved the Keaton Batman seems to be. I mean sure people don't really like the MOS Superman or the Reeve Superman's preview but that's two pieces out of what 14 PF's they've shown in the line?

Jeez guys, give them some credit.

Josh the bats pf was a qc nightmare, the ivy's (like almost all their statues) needed a repaint once you got it, I think the one that was best received was the comic supes and now keaton..but honestly i know if it was pcs or xm for example, that it would come on point. I dont mine paying extra to know that my statue isn't gonna come with issues, the paint will be good, and customer service won't offer me 10% off or eat it…I want a company that cares tbh..

plus the fact that they HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH IT AND ITS BEEN 7 DAMN YEARS…thats another good reason why im not trying to wait on it…that license was gold when those movies first dropped (probably still could be) but we haven't seen anything...

I don't think SSC does a good job on "real life" likeness faces. MOS and Reeve are just awful. Keaton looks great, but then again it's only half of his face. The comic versions, well, they really don't resemble anyone alive.

And add the fact that Ledger fans go to extremes to make the HT doll look good (it looks great out of box imo) ($2K Kato suits, 3K sculpts, 1K socks, Barbie hair, etc etc etc) it's insane.

SSC, for their own benefit, should skip Ledger and go straight to Bale Bats. If Keaton is any indication, they'll nail that one too.

Josh the bats pf was a qc nightmare, the ivy's (like almost all their statues) needed a repaint once you got it, I think the one that was best received was the comic supes and now keaton..but honestly i know if it was pcs or xm for example, that it would come on point. I dont mine paying extra to know that my statue isn't gonna come with issues, the paint will be good, and customer service won't offer me 10% off or eat it…I want a company that cares tbh..

I haven't had any of those issues. Batman was not a QC nightmare. It had an issue to some, and if you wanted it could be easily fixed. And as for Ivy as you've seen, mine was perfect, as were many. Don't bundle the 20-30 complaints you see into a mass and say everything has gone wrong. It obviously hasn't since they've sold out of every statue you're talking about. And Lastly SSC has the rights to these, like it or not. Wishing XM or PCS, which by the way hasn't shown they can do accurate Movie likeness either, hell from what I've seen of PCS' Batman they need to work on Form and design and as for XM until Sosa sculpts everything they do they're head sculpts need serious work especially at $650-$1000 per statue.

plus the fact that they HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH IT AND ITS BEEN 7 DAMN YEARS…thats another good reason why im not trying to wait on it…that license was gold when those movies first dropped (probably still could be) but we haven't seen anything...

No it has not been 7 years they didn't have the damn rights until 2011. That's 4 years. 4 years and 14 PF PO's later they haven't gotten to DK yet. They do have other licenses and only so many workers. It's not like they can just clone these guys.

They didn't have the DC license in 2008.

ok i meant since the film came out, thats one. second, bats qc was awful josh…maybe the people who got it a year later were okay (and they weren't), but the early people had crap. The face paint, the wobble on the statue, the armpits..it was so bad that SS changed the picture on the website so that people couldn't complain it didn't look like the proto..i can't think of many statues they've done that for..also saying the piece sold out doesn't indicate quality..it was the first licensed 1/4 scale statue (not counting dc direct) of arguably the most popular superhero in the world..its gonna sellout and theres people who waited over 2 years for the thing..if u get it u take ur 10% off and do what you can...

PCS batman likeness is just supposed to be a regular comic batman..and for christs sake its a wall-mount project, its not fair to compare it to a detailed 1/4 scale statue. In regards to XM, their craftsmanship is what I was referring to specifically; the paint, the weight to the pieces, everything..and their head sculpts look fine to me, I'm not sure which piece you're referring to specifically..

ok i meant since the film came out, thats one. second, bats qc was awful josh…maybe the people who got it a year later were okay (and they weren't), but the early people had crap. The face paint, the wobble on the statue, the armpits..it was so bad that SS changed the picture on the website so that people couldn't complain it didn't look like the proto..i can't think of many statues they've done that for..also saying the piece sold out doesn't indicate quality..it was the first licensed 1/4 scale statue (not counting dc direct) of arguably the most popular superhero in the world..its gonna sellout and theres people who waited over 2 years for the thing..if u get it u take ur 10% off and do what you can...

PCS batman likeness is just supposed to be a regular comic batman..and for christs sake its a wall-mount project, its not fair to compare it to a detailed 1/4 scale statue. In regards to XM, their craftsmanship is what I was referring to specifically; the paint, the weight to the pieces, everything..and their head sculpts look fine to me, I'm not sure which piece you're referring to specifically..

I have my SSC Batman and he's friggin perfect. Sorry man, and yes, that's what counts to me. They've done some amazing PF's the last two years and will continue to do so, whether people want to believe it or not.

That was PCS' choice to go for a wall mounted project. And Honestly it doesn't excuse a shoddy sculpt and design. That thing looks cheap. I was all for PCS getting some DC stuff until I saw that. If Tweeter Head can Do 1/6th and with astounding detail then PCS should be able to do a decent Comic styled Batman at 1/7th.

As for XM, Cap, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine all have terrible head sculpts. Sosa's 1/4 Wolverine he did as a commission shows what their Wolverine should have been.

I have my SSC Batman and he's friggin perfect. Sorry man, and yes, that's what counts to me. They've done some amazing PF's the last two years and will continue to do so, whether people want to believe it or not.

That was PCS' choice to go for a wall mounted project. And Honestly it doesn't excuse a shoddy sculpt and design. That thing looks cheap. I was all for PCS getting some DC stuff until I saw that. If Tweeter Head can Do 1/6th and with astounding detail then PCS should be able to do a decent Comic styled Batman at 1/7th.

As for XM, Cap, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine all have terrible head sculpts. Sosa's 1/4 Wolverine he did as a commission shows what their Wolverine should have been.

Wolverine comes with 3 head sculpts, one of them is done by Sosa lol..so cmon with that..cap looks great and I am not a fan of cap, and black widow is comic…and instead of picking apart the PCS batman, look at their history of solid releases with no issues (to the piece itself)…that piece IS cheap (only $250)..and the sculpt is fine and the base actually looks really good…its not a 1/4 scale piece..its simple.

And you're gonna tell me you're batman pf doesn't have saggy as armpits? it doesn't have a dark as hell face? Just bcz you're okay with it, and again if you are thats totally fine and honestly more power to you…but, and this isn't my opinion…compared to the original prototype, the armpits ARE saggy, the face IS darker, and coincidentally some of them wobble…if you need proof about this you can look no further than them changing the proto picture to the production piece so that they didn't have to keep issuing credits, and then the fact that they did give credits for saggy armpits which prove its a ****-up…thats really a dead issue.

I won't disagree that they've done some amazing PROTO pieces… gladiator hulk looks great, apocalypse, lobo, etc…but guess what..i got my apoc and it was qc hell…thats where my gripe is..XM and PCS give me what I ordered…XM's magneto came FLAWLESS to me with no paint problems or runny brushstrokes etc (like apocalypse and many other statues did)…the paint came and looked like the proto..not lighter and less shaded, etc… again you and some others might be happy with what u get..these are expensive and like you when i get something like that I want it to be great..but I am not gonna shy away from calling out crap when I see it..its not some myth or some urban legend that they have QC issues…hell SSalex and igor on statue forum admitted it and said they wanna get better, so its not all in my head…

Back