The "I've Seen Indy IV" Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's exactly how I'll feel too. I really didn't like it when i left the theater, but i already want to see it again the morning after. I bet it'll be a lot of fun the 3nd time. i really enjoyed the 1st half of the movie, but was dissapointed by the 2nd half. Maybe now that i've seen it all, I can enjoy it more.

I liked it when I left, but it definitly grew on me over the last 24 hours. Now, I can't wait to see it again.

I'm the opposite, I barely made it through the first time. Matter of fact, I had to rewatch Raiders again when I got home to truly see an Indy movie

...Ultimately though, we got INDIANA freakin' JONES back on the big-screen in a rollicking summer popcorn adventure, throwin' haymakers and swingin' the whip like it was going out of style. Honestly, could we ask for anything more than that? Maybe. But we'd never get another RAIDERS.

...I guess that once the new is worn off of it, the movie delivers on it's own merits. Do go see it, anyone that hasn't yet. DO NOT MISS AN INDY AT THE THEATRE! I mean, damn! Don't wait for this on DVD....
Indy's on the big screen...again....at last! GO! :rock

Haven't seen it a 2nd time yet Les, that'll be tomorrow night, but it looks like we both agree here...We have INDIANA F'in' JONES back on the big screen. I really don't think we could ask for more than that. :rock

Further to my thoughts, I think Mike French's review on theraider.net sums it up nicely...I agree with most of what he's saying, especially this section comparing ALL the sequels to Raiders:

Most die-hard fans like myself were hoping for another Raiders of the Lost Ark, but this new film has brought me to the realization that Raiders of the Lost Ark is really the black sheep of the series, whereas all three of its sequels reinvented the character in a new direction that focused more on humor and comic book or pulp style action instead of Raiders' gritty realism and dramatic tension. Now, we truly have an “Indiana Jones Trilogy” that just happens to come after a movie called Raiders of the Lost Ark.

https://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=822

I really enjoyed the 1st half of the movie, but was dissapointed by the 2nd half. Maybe now that i've seen it all, I can enjoy it more.

Well said! I REALLY enjoyed the first half! A little too much dialogue in this first half, but it was fun!!

I just saw it.

I don't have time to post a long review. Everything's been said anyway.

All I can say for now is.....

I liked it.

I can't believe it either.

I attribute my enjoyment to the fact that everyone told me what the terrible parts were so I was prepared and got through them with minimal damage. In this case, spoilers really helped me.

In fact, with exception to the ending and a few bits here and there, I enjoyed this movie more than Last Crusade. Not sure that will hold up, but I'm going off my gut right now before things settle down.

OK, let the tomatoes start flying...

No worries in liking it at all. :banana

It's really not as bad as many have said. Although, it's really not as good as many have said either.

AWESOME. :rock:rock:rock:rock

I don't feel so alone any more bro. :lol

Josh, no reason to ever feel alone when we have Jones!

whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif

i saw it today. i recommend others to see it.But all i can say is they waited to long for a fourth movie.raiders will always be my favorite of the 4 movies.i felt kind of let down buy it...

I was going to see this in the theaters. Is it worth waiting for DVD?

I'd say see it in the theater. Even if you find the film disappointing and the story lame, the sound and picture are bound to be better than at home and seeing it with a crowd of people will most likely make the film more enjoyable.

The crowd I saw it with was very hyped and into seeing Indy return but a bit skeptical. One guy yelled out "Don't f~~~ this one up Lucas!" at the start and the entire theater laughed and clapped with agreement. I had hoped for clapping and cheering enjoyment at the end, but alas there was none. :(

it was interesting how they combined the GOONIES sequel with the Indiana sequel.

Just got back from seeing it a second time, and I must say, from someone who enjoyed it the first time, I *LOVED* it the second time. :maul

I can't put my finger on how or why, I just did. This movie is like a great roller coaster, I just want to ride again and again! :rock

Well, I'm almost hesitant to say it, but my whole family went and saw it, and we all enjoyed it. I can understand why it's getting such a mixed response and rubbing many fans the wrong way, but I found myself (almost inexplicably) smiling and liking the movie. Now, I am not going to champion the movie and try to convince everyone that it's great because I can recognize that it's not a great film--but I can't talk myself out of the fact that I personally enjoyed it, even though I was pretty much set up to not like it.

Back