The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on using my reward points for indiana but i don't know what i exactly have to do and i didn't want to hit the wrong button and use my reward points for something i truly don't want. Plus, can you use your reward points for PPO?

I have posted a picture of the checkout screen, after you are on the checkout menu, where do i go to use my reward points for a statue/figure? is it where i have the question mark? will that go towards my order, here is the picture, let me know, thanks for the help!

1sideshwo.jpg

In my opinion, SS did an ok job choosing the exclusive for this. If it were anything else...say the switchable hand, the unlucky people that didn't get into the pre-order would be complaining all over the boards. Probably saying that the gun in hand is as much as an important piece in recognizing Indiana Jones as his whip and fedora.

7192_press01-001-w-gun.jpg

So much better!!! (And so Indy!) :rock :rock :rock

I wonder, though, if the lack of the option of having him hold the gun like that was Lucasfilm's doing? I want to find out... because I need to know who's to blame for this obvious oversight. :banghead

at least the regular is still amazing. in the end, that's all i'm concerned about. often times the exclusive items are cool, but not something i would display anyway. example is robocop. the exclusive is the data spike hand. a cool exclusive, but i would never display him with that.

Okay, back on track... this PF (while limited in VIABLE display options) is still an amazing piece and I can't wait!

7192_press01-001.jpg

The revelation of the Exclusive item (and lack of other display options/accessories) was just a HUGE splash of cold ice water and a big disappointment. That's the reason behind my stance.

I do agree that it is cool...but with EVERY figure/statue out there, there is always something that someone else thinks could have been done better: headsculpts, poses, gear, paint job (MJ's lazy eye). But when it all comes down to it, this is the collectible that you are going to get regardless and you can either buy it, or pass on it. People don't need to be reminded every other post on how the piece could be made better as that is very unlikely.

EDIT: oops, I kinda posted too slow. But yeah IrishJedi, it was indeed a surprise...and at least the overall product SS is offering is very very good.

7192_press01-001-w-gun.jpg

So much better!!! (And so Indy!) :rock :rock :rock

I wonder, though, if the lack of the option of having him hold the gun like that was Lucasfilm's doing? I want to find out... because I need to know who's to blame for this obvious oversight. :banghead

Ok, that exclusive was unexpected. :lol I agree, there are other options that would have made more sense ( I really wanted the headpiece). But, I'll be in the minority here and say I do like the look of hatless Indy. Depending on price, I may just pick up the exclusive, as I would occasionally display him without the hat. We are so used to seeing Indy with his fedora that a collectible that goes without it I find pretty appealing. It's something different, that's for sure.

That being said, the only way the exclusive will work is if the final product comes out looking like Harrison. If the paint apps on it are amiss, the hatless head is pretty much worthless.

Overall though, it's still a fantastic piece and I can't wait to order him.

I wonder what the ES of the exclusive will be now given all the negative reaction.

Overall though, it's still a fantastic piece and I can't wait to order him.

Hear! Hear! :duff

I'll just get the Regular and not order it direct from Sideshow, but from someone like BBTS. That will be part of their penance (and my piece of mind). :lol

Sorry, I call it like I see it. I'll always love Sideshow and because of that I have high standard and expectations. So when they F up I call them on it. Switching to ABS on the Fett PF and letting it known at the 11th hour while not changing the price was a bad move. And so is this.

The apologists cannot win this one. There is simply no way to rationally explain the choice for the Exclusive here (especially when considering there are NO other display options... like a gun holding hand, medallion, etc).

Call it like you see it but lets not go down the road you where going at least. You and I have developed a friendship and I know you don't need to say stuff in that manner.

I don't think anyone is being an apologist though. I know I'm not. I've said there are MUCH better choices than this but I don't think this is the absolute worst option either.

Hatless head as an exclusive was pretty lame. As already mentioned countless times already, who is even going to take that exclusive out of the box, let alone display Indy without his Fedora?

They could have simply sculpted the hat separate from the head and offered the option that way. Interior rim of hat could have been made of a softer material to allow it to fit the molded headsculpt correctly.

Just thinking quickly, I would have come up with one of the following alternative exclusive items instead:

1. Revolver or Browning HP in separate hand
2. Coiled cobra
3. medallion on chain being held by extra hand.

I'll definitely consider ordering from a retailer and save myself the extra bucks.

Hatless head as an exclusive was pretty lame. As already mentioned countless times already, who is even going to take that exclusive out of the box, let alone display Indy without his Fedora?

They could have simply sculpted the hat separate from the head and offered the option that way. Interior rim of hat could have been made of a softer material to allow it to fit the molded headsculpt correctly.

Just thinking quickly, I would have come up with one of the following alternative exclusive items instead:

1. Revolver or Browning HP in separate hand
2. Coiled cobra
3. medallion on chain being held by extra hand.

I'll definitely consider ordering from a retailer and save myself the extra bucks.

:clap :clap :clap

Situations like this are exactly why I think Sideshow should consider organizing Focus Groups before they make decisions on their major products and licenses. It would have stopped this one dead in its tracks and helped them come up with a gazillion better ideas. I know of at least one person who wouldn't have hesitated to bluntly tell them, "Uh, no. This idea sucks." :lol

Uh, I don't know of a single person who has said that. :confused:

The point has been... the extra hatless head is completely WORTHLESS and dumb (exclusive or not), especially without a loose hat to hold.

There are countless ideas for exclusives that all would have made more sense (and been more fitting for the character and the product) than this. THAT is what we're upset about.

There have been a few comments stating the exclusive/regular should be the other way round ?

But I dont think its completely worthless, some people may prefer the hat off and its correct to acknowledge that this is the minority.

Here is a theoretical question... what if there is something really cool about the exclusive that they held back, and most missed it because they decided to go with the regular? How PO'd would you be? I guess that is two questions really... :lol :monkey3

Here is a theoretical question... what if there is something really cool about the exclusive that they held back, and most missed it because they decided to go with the regular? How PO'd would you be? I guess that is two questions really... :lol :monkey3

I'd be more PO'd because they held it back than because I missed out on it. If there is more to it then they should divulge that BEFORE the PPO. But I think we all know that's not the case. They simply brain-farted on the Exclusive with this one.

Love it...
And all those who order this piece should have the 'hat' version.

To the people who think that the exclusive should be the hat version and the regular without.
Give me a ^^^^^*kn break...

Just to make sure you up to speed on the exclusive... it comes with both a "hatless" head sculpt and a head sculpt wearing the hat, which is also the same head sculpt on the regular... so all Indy's, regular and exclusive will have a hat.

I'd be more PO'd because they held it back than because I missed out on it. If there is more to it then they should divulge that BEFORE the PPO. But I think we all know that's not the case. They simply brain-farted on the Exclusive with this one.

I know... just playing a little "Devil's advocate"... :monkey3

Just to make sure you up to speed on the exclusive... it comes with both a "hatless" head sculpt and a head sculpt wearing the hat, which is also the same head sculpt on the regular... so all Indy's, regular and exclusive will have a hat.
Exactly. And I don't recall ANYONE saying that the Regular should have been offered without the hat. In fact, I think there literally would have been pitchforks and torches raised.

Everything wrong with an SW SSC figure defaults to LFL being responsible so why change now?

I'm half suprised the green zombie fiasco didn't have Lucas involved.

But hey, maybe Lucas is pulling a "Han vs Greedo" thing here and don't want Indy unholster a weapon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I couldn't find a picture from the front, but with the hatless head, a new hand, staff and material, you could make a map room Indy.

jones_a.jpg

Of course, you'd have to buy 2 so you could still have a regular Indy. :google

Back