The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great if we could commission someone to sculpt an alternate head (for the exclusive) of Harrison Ford from KOTCS.

It would be great if we could commission someone to sculpt an alternate head (for the exclusive) of Harrison Ford from KOTCS.

I'd mentioned that earlier to go with the crystal skull in the KOTCS Special Edition gift set since it looks to be about 1:4 scale, but never got any takers.

It probably wouldn't need an all-new sculpt so much as a repaint. I'm considering it.

Granted, he's aged very well, but just tossing paint on it would look like you just tossed paint on it. To get the KOTCS Indy, you'd at least need to dig some crows feet, deepen the laugh lines, brow lines and corners of the mouth a bit more:

2358296586_41d1b6608a.jpg

That aside, I'd actually prefer to pick up a more accurate KOTCS headsculpt and keep the exclusive in tact though.

Granted, he's aged very well, but just tossing paint on it would look like you just tossed paint on it.
Depends on who's painting it. ;)

That aside, I'd actually prefer to pick up a more accurate KOTCS headsculpt and keep the exclusive in tact though.
That's understandable. But I was personally never fond of the choice for an Exclusive anyway (a hatless Indy just makes no sense... especially with no loose hat to hold :confused:). And I have no intention of selling or flipping mine, so I might actually look into having a professional artist friend repaint my bonus head as KOTCS Indy. I'll want a hat for it, though.

That's understandable. But I was personally never fond of the choice for an Exclusive anyway (a hatless Indy just makes no sense... especially with no loose hat to hold :confused:). And I have no intention of selling or flipping mine, so I might actually look into having a professional artist friend repaint my bonus head as KOTCS Indy. I'll want a hat for it, though.

You're always to quick to jump to accusatory conclusions with the "selling & flipping" comments bud. :lol It's not a matter of selling or flipping. Why alter the original if an alternative is available? If nobody does it, I'll go ahead and mod the alternate head. But if one pops up, I'll be more than happy to pay for it.

I don't really have any interest in a KOTCS head (doubly so because I'm getting the regular edition PF), but I have a feeling it'll be difficult to commission a decent likeness, given how difficult Ford's likeness has been for sculptors to capture in the past.

I don't really have any interest in a KOTCS head (doubly so because I'm getting the regular edition PF), but I have a feeling it'll be difficult to commission a decent likeness, given how difficult Ford's likeness has been for sculptors to capture in the past.

Difficult, absolutely. Impossible? No.

Hey everyone I was going to cancel this due to going overbudget this month but SSC just initiated a new "Convert your order to Flex Pay" system TODAY. When you log on and go to cancel they ask if you're doing it for budgetary reasons and if you want to switch to Flex Pay.

I clicked "Yes" and got an email with this payment plan:

Indiana Jones Exclusive Premium Format Figure for $279.99. We can convert your full payment method to the Flex Pay method with the plan of January 10, Feb 10 and March 10 for approximately $93.33 payments not including ship costs.

I won't get the exclusive till March but I'm still paying retail. This statue WILL BE MINE! :banana

Hey everyone I was going to cancel this due to going overbudget this month but SSC just initiated a new "Convert your order to Flex Pay" system TODAY. When you log on and go to cancel they ask if you're doing it for budgetary reasons and if you want to switch to Flex Pay.

I won't get the exclusive till March but I'm still paying retail. This statue WILL BE MINE! :banana

Nice one Khev. I really like that they're allowing Flex-Pay decisions to be made later and on second-chance items.

I cancelled my Anakin PF Exclusive since I didn't have it on Flex and had too much to pay for right now (1/6 Gandalf, 1/6 Indy, PF Indy), so I cancelled and re-ordered him on Flex. Won't get him until early in the new year, but it helps a bit.

I think I might have to do that with my Moria Orc PF as well since the 15 - 20 day notices are going out and I still won't have the $$$ for that, Anakin AND Indy...

Last edited:
Well as a UK Freak and the worse exchange rate I think I'm going to have the cancel this. Tried asking SSC if I could pick it up as I am in the states in a fortnight, this would have saved postage charges etc and made him cheaper to buy if I just ferried him home, however, they wouldn't let me do that. Real shame :(

Nice option from Sideshow, you guys have to keep your orders. :clap

Definitely. When I thought I was going to let this go I consoled myself that a Temple of Doom Indy PF could look as good or better but since I'm assuming the TOD version will feature him wielding the machete I'm guessing that will mean he won't be smiling or smirking. I'm thrilled that the smirk will end up in my collection. Classic Indy with nearly pitch perfect execution! :)

I saw that today when I canceled some other stuff. They must be getting cancellations out the wahzoo. :horror

Definitely. When I thought I was going to let this go I consoled myself that a Temple of Doom Indy PF could look as good or better but since I'm assuming the TOD version will feature him wielding the machete I'm guessing that will mean he won't be smiling or smirking. I'm thrilled that the smirk will end up in my collection. Classic Indy with nearly pitch perfect execution! :)

Are you still planning on getting the TOD version?

This is good news in case I'm kind of tight after the conversion of my waitlist, still waiting and it's been since August, I'll be right here :tap

Well as a UK Freak and the worse exchange rate I think I'm going to have the cancel this. Tried asking SSC if I could pick it up as I am in the states in a fortnight, this would have saved postage charges etc and made him cheaper to buy if I just ferried him home, however, they wouldn't let me do that. Real shame :(
just cancell it and buy it from a lcs if they have one.

Back